The Joe Royle Stand

The plywood fascia at one end and the scruffy roof on the chaddy was an embarrassment and needed to be sorted.  I believe the owner has listened to the fans and is trying to balance the books whilst improving the surroundings and put out a competitive team on the pitch. This is a project that will take longer than a season.  A year of stability is required to stop the decline and to provide a foundation to build upon.  Its the reality of our situation.

32 minutes ago, Whitts said:

The plywood fascia at one end and the scruffy roof on the chaddy was an embarrassment and needed to be sorted.  I believe the owner has listened to the fans and is trying to balance the books whilst improving the surroundings and put out a competitive team on the pitch. This is a project that will take longer than a season.  A year of stability is required to stop the decline and to provide a foundation to build upon.  Its the reality of our situation.

Depressing as it is, I too think that it is the reality. 

44 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Which is fine, but can’t we hear from someone to say relastically we are looking at consolidating this season due to unexpected costs. I am working to improve the “fan” experience and work on things behind the scenes. That’s not to say we aren’t hopeful of bouncing back first time, however if it doesn’t happen this time. Next year we will be in a much better place financially and will have made vast improvements to boundary park.  

36 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Which is fine, but can’t we hear from someone to say relastically we are looking at consolidating this season due to unexpected costs. I am working to improve the “fan” experience and work on things behind the scenes. That’s not to say we aren’t hopeful of bouncing back first time, however if it doesn’t happen this time. Next year we will be in a much better place financially and will have made vast improvements to boundary park.  

You've got the job  -  Latics PR person

1 hour ago, Whitts said:

What makes you think that a season of finishing 15th and a new sign on 2 stands is somekind of base to build on?

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Erm today?

You asked how much would the job pay, I was asking when would you get paid. You see our club has a reputation in recent times of paying wages late. By typing one punctuated word I could say all that without the need for extended sentences.

1 hour ago, Whitts said:

So please explain to me where signing shite players comes into this equation?

How does that;

a) Stop the decline

b) Provide a foundation

7 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You asked how much would the job pay, I was asking when would you get paid. You see our club has a reputation in recent times of paying wages late. By typing one punctuated word I could say all that without the need for extended sentences.

Good point well made, I don’t mind a few days late. I can go up to a week on the odd occasion. I will just move my direct debits to the end of the month 

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

What makes you think that a season of finishing 15th and a new sign on 2 stands is somekind of base to build on?

If you read my post, it's about balancing the books this year and consolidation.  Finishing 15th with little or no debt would be a good start.  You have a better chance of attracting a decent player if you pay the wages on time and the facilities look decent.  OAFC needs to enhance its reputation right now and try to become a well run professional football club on and off field.