The Joe Royle Stand

6 hours ago, Whitts said:

If you read my post, it's about balancing the books this year and consolidation.  Finishing 15th with little or no debt would be a good start.  You have a better chance of attracting a decent player if you pay the wages on time and the facilities look decent.  OAFC needs to enhance its reputation right now and try to become a well run professional football club on and off field.  

This doesnt look like consolidating it looks like downsizing to me.

42 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

For reasons I never understood he was my hero when I was about six. The only time I have ever been in Old Trafford was specifically to see him, and he scored as Everton won 1-0.

He then turned out to be my true hero when I was in my late twenties delivering memories that will stay with me until I go doolally. Not ashamed in the slightest to say I shed a tear just watching that. 

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

For reasons I never understood he was my hero when I was about six. The only time I have ever been in Old Trafford was specifically to see him, and he scored as Everton won 1-0.

He then turned out to be my true hero when I was in my late twenties delivering memories that will stay with me until I go doolally. Not ashamed in the slightest to say I shed a tear just watching that. 

Real shame there were only 2000 there to see it.

Should have been done Saturday.

46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No matter how old you are (I'm nearly 56) you never ever forget your heroes and Joe Royal is up there with the very best of em

Joe Royle is my football hero, marginally ahead of Andy Ritchie. I love the man. 

When I was a lot younger, and Latics were a Premiership club, I wrote a letter to Joe - keep in mind that I was in Galway, and these were the days before email etc, and I was a kid who loved Latics (and still do). 

It was early in the season and I posted the letter - basically just a note saying I love Latics - and forgot about it. 

Someone who didn’t forget about it was Joe. 

A few weeks after the season ended - sadly in relegation - a letter pops through the letterbox in Galway. Joe wrote back - he had waited until the end of the season to respond, as he wanted to hold off his reply until it had played out. 

I still have that letter. The excitement it generated for a young me was off the charts. 

As as I already said, I love Joe. My favourite man in football.