£5 administration charge to swap into another stand!

3 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Definitely one for the trust to raise  I have a child who has expressed  an interest in going into the Rochdale rd end instead of in the north stand with me  I thought she would just be able to go in  with her season ticket 

More the remit of the fans’ liaison person, surely?

35 minutes ago, philliggi said:

I've gone in the wrong turnstile before now when I was late and my season card worked no problem. 

You're lucky Phil, i have to go in the turnstiles Chaddy End side of the North Stand as i sit 1 seat over the halfway line and they refuse to let me use the other end??

Is there a price difference? It used to be free but that’s for adults where the price is the same.

Somehow I managed to walk round the ground, including time on the other side of the advertising hoardings, due to somehow being let in the ground in the home end with an away ticket at Northampton last season.

I changed from the North Stand to the Family Stand for the MK match for the same reasons (daughter wanted to go in Family Stand).

So a week or so before the game I called at the ticket office to swap my ST over for the match (I’d never done this before, but knew others who had) to be told the powers that be are in discussions about implementing a charge. So I left and called back a few days later to be told about the confirmed £5 charge, but as they hadn’t crossed the T’s and dotted the i’s on it they would swap mine over FOC for that match. 

Had an email a week or so later confirming this and directing me to their customer service charter where all charges are listed. 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/customer-service-charter/

Probably won’t be changing stands anytime soon. 

2 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I changed from the North Stand to the Family Stand for the MK match for the same reasons (daughter wanted to go in Family Stand).

So a week or so before the game I called at the ticket office to swap my ST over for the match (I’d never done this before, but knew others who had) to be told the powers that be are in discussions about implementing a charge. So I left and called back a few days later to be told about the confirmed £5 charge, but as they hadn’t crossed the T’s and dotted the i’s on it they would swap mine over FOC for that match. 

Had an email a week or so later confirming this and directing me to their customer service charter where all charges are listed. 

Think they should actually publicly announce this before implementing it. Especially as it is a change in conditions after purchase for ST holders.

23 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Has someone misinterpreted this? The only thing I can see regarding charging a fiver is this - 

If a supporter arrives at the match without their season card/ticket then they can request a reprint from the ticket office, this will incur an administration charge of £5.00. Should a supporter lose their season card or have it stolen then the ticket office will be able to provide a replacement season card, this will incur an administration charge of £10.00.

That only says that a reprint costs a fiver if you turn up without your season ticket? 

On 9/1/2018 at 1:14 PM, kowenicki said:

Pretty sure that whilst it’s an idiotic thing to do it’s not a criminal offence. 

OAFC are a business and as such have to abide by trading standards.

All monies received have to be legally accounted for.

38 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Has someone misinterpreted this? The only thing I can see regarding charging a fiver is this - 

If a supporter arrives at the match without their season card/ticket then they can request a reprint from the ticket office, this will incur an administration charge of £5.00. Should a supporter lose their season card or have it stolen then the ticket office will be able to provide a replacement season card, this will incur an administration charge of £10.00.

That only says that a reprint costs a fiver if you turn up without your season ticket? 

So they cannot legally charge £5 for changing stands if the season ticket is produced?

41 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

They probably can. Whether they should be or not is another matter. 

So a  member of staff can say "I'm charging you £5, but have no evidence I can do so?"

That will go down well at trading standards 

Edited by BP1960

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

OAFC are a business and as such have to abide by trading standards.

All monies received have to be legally accounted for.

Well as long as they give you a receipt then it's fine, isn't it.

Joke of a policy deserves enough criticism as it is without pretending there's criminality about it.