Frankie gone

28 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Nope - our Football Secretary left to go to Fleetwood earlier in the month. They're the ones that deal with the paperwork etc.

Replaced by Mark Sheridan - similar career path, semi-pro club secretary and Manchester FA.

Not sure if it's him or someone else who has gone!

25 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

He is sat in the Durectors box every match with Alan Hardy they are helping to run the Curcus

25 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

He is sat in the Durectors box every match with Alan Hardy they are helping to run the Curcus

I hope they are enjoying the ride

I really don't understand what AL gets out of it? If it's one big ego trip, he's got nothing but pissed off fans, pissed off suppliers and pissed off staff surrounding him. He has virtually no assets at the club. It's utterly bizarre.

Fuck off you massive weirdo. Send the club into liquidation and let's get a consortium of local business owners and other investment and build from the bottom up. Fan owned. You never know, might get a few long-lost supporters with OAFC sewn into their DNA to return.

• Like 1

Anyone would think we’d just sacked Big Joe the night before the Littlewoods cup

final (comparative). Some knickers certainly need untwisting on here. Let’s see who he appoints hey ? If he keeps the caretaker manager then I too will be worried. But at the moment we’ve sacked a manager that just doesn’t seem upto the job. A decent appointment and I guarantee we will get playoffs. Chill the fuck out (for now anyway)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

The squad is big. . 😂

Ok- who comes in for Clarke or George? Oh that’s right, a kid on loan from Sheffield United. I’ll put it another way- this promotion chasing team we supposedly are has a kid, an old pro, and another kid on loan as it’s ‘options’ at centre half. That’s just one area of the massive squad I can be arsed highlighting. 

8 unbeaten- ‘but we  beat two non league teams in that run’ if my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle. The simple fact is we beat them. 

He would of been sacked after Hampton- see above. 

Whose papering over the cracks?? Not one person has suggested he was doing a terrific job, or was the second coming. However was he doing that badly to warrant the sack?? Not a chance. 

There isnt one justifible reason to sack him.

Unless your egomaniac like our owner. 

The squad is big... and I’ll agree we have no cover at centre half, but that’s Bunns fault as he put this squad together, signed about 15 midfielders, a few bang average forwards and a few full backs. The rest are crocks... coke, Miller, Baxter, lyden just to name a few. Then we have the rest like benteke and branger who add zero. 

Was guna get the sack after Hampton as you pointed out but didn’t deserve the sack? Hmm make your mind up. 

Ive given you reasons... justifiable ones. Tactics, subs, team selection, style of play, inability in the transfer market, results.... oh and getting dicked by the football powerhouses Carlisle. 

And im not defending the owner either. He’s a tosser too.

19 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I really don't understand what AL gets out of it? If it's one big ego trip, he's got nothing but pissed off fans, pissed off suppliers and pissed off staff surrounding him. He has virtually no assets at the club. It's utterly bizarre.

Fuck off you massive weirdo. Send the club into liquidation and let's get a consortium of local business owners and other investment and build from the bottom up. Fan owned. You never know, might get a few long-lost supporters with OAFC sewn into their DNA to return.

who are these local buisnessmen ? as over the last ten years they have shown f all interest in the club only ones with spare cash are more interestec in ipl than football 

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Anyone would think we’d just sacked Big Joe the night before the Littlewoods cup

final (comparative). Some knickers certainly need untwisting on here. Let’s see who he appoints hey ? If he keeps the caretaker manager then I too will be worried. But at the moment we’ve sacked a manager that just doesn’t seem upto the job. A decent appointment and I guarantee we will get playoffs. Chill the fuck out (for now anyway)

He's sacked 3 managers and appointed 2 who were both a downgrade to the incumbent who was here when he got here and started meddling in his job.

How confident are you he will get this next appointment right? Personally I have very little if any. Even he does he will interfere and meddle in it.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

He's sacked 3 managers and appointed 2 who were both a downgrade to the incumbent who was here when he got here and started meddling in his job.

How confident are you he will get this next appointment right? Personally I have very little if any. Even he does he will interfere and meddle in it.

All 3 of those calls to sack were right IMO...….

41 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I'm with you on the consortium idea.

I understood it was ALs intention to bring some more directors with money to the club.

It now appears he wants to run the whole show himself.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm with you on the consortium idea.

I understood it was ALs intention to bring some more directors with money to the club.

It now appears he wants to run the whole show himself.

Who'd work with the deranged fruit loop and his brother, anyone with any amount of money has more sense than to pump it into a football club moving in the wrong way led by a man who'd give Kim Jong-un a run for his money.

1 minute ago, doctor evil said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Pretty much everyone at the time was happy enough with wellens after the run we went on. I'll give you bunn, typical Barry idea.

Again do you trust him to make the right decision? it's all well and good saying sack the manager but if the guy coming in does no better then where does that leave you?

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Again do you trust him to make the right decision? it's all well and good saying sack the manager but if the guy coming in does no better then where does that leave you?

If he's to get it right it has to be someone he actually wants. You get the feeling with Bunn he did it for the fans. 

Playing Devil's advocate slightly...

But AL hasn't sacked that many staff. Lots of those who have left have gone to other things. They have announced their last days and there has been well wishes etc. Appointing replacements isn't as easy. I was actually working in the same office and it took 4 months for me to start working my new role. The time I changed organisations it was nearly 6 months. 

Some of those who have left the club have had some legitimate reasoning too. 

The Accountant- The issue with Corney's misdoings (Remember how AL said there were hidden accountancy issues) I wouldn't employ the same accountant after that (innocent or not). 

The Media Guy- Maybe AL received a complaint from Gary Davies and AL agreed with his complaint. 

A lot of his more vocal (former) staff members are on Twitter have an axe to grind. Simon Wood has an issue with him over pay but that's his problem given the bizarre circumstances he works in. (Don't forget he won an Amateur TV competition). 

A lot of Corney's hires were fresh-faced, straight out of uni types. Corney hired on the cheap and maybe AL had enough of their poor standard of work. 

We do not know what the Administrator did to apparently get sacked. We don't actually know who the administrator is. There are lots of reasons why someone gets sacked, lots of them apply in other industries and aren't connected to the boss being an alleged clown. 

Yes it is sad when people with families are let go, but sometimes letting someone go is the right decision. (I've not seen any Employment Tribunals announced). I'm inclined to think there is something in it but like I said above maybe AL has different standards. 

7 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

If he's to get it right it has to be someone he actually wants. You get the feeling with Bunn he did it for the fans. 

Which fans where those.....I for one was very underwhelmed when he was appointed.i also think he was very surprised at finally getting the job