Chronicle article denies kit washing and bailiff's problems

11 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Funny not heard of Orion Travel before thought it was Swan's who provided the team coach?

Pity the Chron didn't contact them for a statement.

Looks like Orion are a new supplier of coaches to the club (I wonder why they aren't using Swans any more - owe them money perhaps?). Like the Chron - they're not going to rock the boat when the club spend money with them both. Did anyone see a coach being loaded at 11:30 on the day of the match?

11 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Funny not heard of Orion Travel before thought it was Swan's who provided the team coach?

Pity the Chron didn't contact them for a statement.

Well spotted mick.
So Orion were procured two days before the game, for the rest of the season? How thorough was that process?
Mid season we change coach supplier? At best that seems careless.
At worst, it sounds like Swan resfused to continue/were not paid then doesn't it.

It's a bit odd for a contract to supply coaches to the club runs out mid season. Surely a contract like this would be signed before the season starts. Coach companies would have been asked to tender for the contract and show that they have sufficient vehicles during the summer.  

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It's a bit odd for a contract to supply coaches to the club runs out mid season. Surely a contract like this would be signed before the season starts. Coach companies would have been asked to tender for the contract and show that they have sufficient vehicles during the summer.  

Swans have sufficient vehicles we just don't like paying for them.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Swans have sufficient vehicles we just don't like paying for them.

Of course the have, and they have been very reliable. No doubt Swans cancelled the contract because they hadn't been paid. I was just stating such a contract would have been procured last summer for the season.

I was an operations manager in the bus and coach industry for many, many years and, unless the company turned out to be a bunch of shysters and provided a crap service, I would be amazed if a contract was cancelled so close to the end of the season. 

Summat don't add up here. There must have been a falling out of some sort. We may never know how or why.

Edited by Bristolatic
Bloody predictive text.

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I was an operations manager in the bus and coach industry for many, many years and, unless the company turned out to be a bunch of shysters and provided a crap service, I would be amazed if a contract was cancelled so close to the end of the season. 

Summat don't add up here. There must have been a falling out of some sort. We may never know how or why.

Maybe the new company are just cheaper...?

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

As ever, the truth will be somewhere in between.

The Mail article was usual Mail sensationalism. Keegan works for a crap paper that loves hyperbole, we all know this but conveniently forget it when it involves Latics. 

Tbh I probably owe Keegan an apology because in all honesty his articles have in fact been bang on the money and, in hindsight, the fact he was reporting these goings on at Latics should be applauded now, instead a lot of us - myself included sometimes - just put our fingers in our ears.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

Tbh I probably owe Keegan an apology because in all honesty his articles have in fact been bang on the money and, in hindsight, the fact he was reporting these goings on at Latics should be applauded now, instead a lot of us - myself included sometimes - just put our fingers in our ears.

Good man. How is it ‘sensationalism’ when he’s reporting facts? Some are still burying their heads in the sand it seems...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Good man. How is it ‘sensationalism’ when he’s reporting facts? Some are still burying their heads in the sand it seems...

Indeed. I find those who attempt to discredit @OAFCMIKE as sensationalist / entrenched in dogma as the newspaper they cite to justify it.

• Like 1

I think what the article proves is that we have a new coach company nothingelse really. Why we've changed mid way through the season I've no idea. It does precisely nothing to dispell anythingelse on the Lemsagams charge sheet.

I'm glad Mike Keegan shines a light on what goes on at our football club I'd certainly trust his word alot more than the owners. Which considering my views on the publication he writes for is pretty bad really.

Edited by GlossopLatic

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think what the article proves is that we have a new coach company nothingelse really. Why we've changed mid way through the season I've no idea. It does precisely nothing to dispell anythingelse on the Lemsagams charge sheet.

I'm glad Mike Keegan shines a light on what goes on at our football club I'd certainly trust his word alot more than the owners. Which considering my views on the publication he writes for is pretty bad really.

I don’t trust the word of Keegan, Abdallah or Scholes. 

Which is is a bit shit really isn’t it...

• Like 1