Kevin Birkett appointed as SLO

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why don't you outbid Abdallah for Security Steve's services??? 

I did suggest that however I don't know if the Trust funds will stretched to my paid protection.....hmmmm

Like I have said Harry, I am no wall flower, I survived the 80's footy days like we all did and have broken up many a fight at the college and challenged un-acceptable  behaviours.

Saturday was not acceptable

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

But that's exactly my point.  I have never, as far as I can remember, met any trust director (past or present) and therefore have no clue as to who they are other than names.

Yeah you have

7 hours ago, underdog said:

And I get it.... we are never going to be eveyone's cup of tea. But we are here to safeguard the club. Owners and fans come and go, the club remains.

Hi underdog - I`m not the Trust's number one fan.... but have given credit when it's due.

I have never understood how/why the Trust thinks it is in a position to safeguard the club. It's a laudable aim but a pipe dream in my opinion.

Another issue I have is that I expect the Trust to be able to maintain relationships with owners. Us mere fans can rant and rave all we want but, at the end of the day, I expect the Trust (with its treasured 3% shareholding) to adopt a mature approach in its dealings.

We've now witnessed a complete breakdown in relationships with a) Simon Corney and b) Abdallah Lemsagam.

If the Trust (with its right to a seat on the board etc.) cannot maintain relationships with the club's owners, what chance have they really got?

I know both owners will have riled sections of fans in different ways but, as I say, it's pretty crucial that relationships are maintained between Trust and Owner.

Perhaps the Trust needs a period of reflection and/or change of approach because something clearly isn't right.

18 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Hi underdog - I`m not the Trust's number one fan.... but have given credit when it's due.

I have never understood how/why the Trust thinks it is in a position to safeguard the club. It's a laudable aim but a pipe dream in my opinion.

Another issue I have is that I expect the Trust to be able to maintain relationships with owners. Us mere fans can rant and rave all we want but, at the end of the day, I expect the Trust (with its treasured 3% shareholding) to adopt a mature approach in its dealings.

We've now witnessed a complete breakdown in relationships with a) Simon Corney and b) Abdallah Lemsagam.

If the Trust (with its right to a seat on the board etc.) cannot maintain relationships with the club's owners, what chance have they really got?

I know both owners will have riled sections of fans in different ways but, as I say, it's pretty crucial that relationships are maintained between Trust and Owner.

Perhaps the Trust needs a period of reflection and/or change of approach because something clearly isn't right.

Disagree. ‘Something clearly isnt right’ and the trust trying to dig has upset those at fault. What they supposed to do? Kiss arse to maintain relations? Nah, fuck that.

25 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

All a bit Barry Owen is this pile of shite. 

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

The key point is that owners of football clubs typically don’t want supporters trusts hanging around, asking questions and interfering. We start from that position meaning that achieving a positive relationship which works for both parties is always going to be challenging. 

I wouldn’t agree that relationships with the current owner have broken down rather they have been amicable but simply we haven’t been getting out of the relationship we need (see point one). We have been kept at arms length. You will be aware that few people have been brought into AL’s circle of trust. 

What that means is that we have to muddle through and use what we have in our armoury to achieve some sort of influence. That includes our legal rights and hopefully being able credibly say that we speak on behalf of thousands of fans. Making a nuisance of ourselves to good effect is probably the best a trust expect to can achieve. 

What is clear to me is that faith in the trust is tarnished by the past and particulary the corney years when, as an outsider, it appeared to do very little to effect any change within the club. The relationshop

worked for SC and the trust didn’t push back enough.

we are now taking a different approach with the current owner and after 11 months of his ownership (and largely giving him the benefit of the doubt) are asking the awkward questions, turning the screw a little and making our presence felt. That is fundamentally what our fans want and it’s the right thing to do in the circumstances.

the trust has embarked on a mini project in that regard and I would ask that it is judged on that as a signal of its future long term intent (under the steer of new directors alongside existing ones with years of experience) rather than the past. 

i’d be interested in hearing your alternatives and the change you allude to. With all due respect its  difficult to accept a suggestion that the trust needs to change without a suggestion of what that change needs to look like 

46 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

This is defo the bloke who went native when he looked into corneys eyes.

That's my train of thought too - what was his username at the time?

12 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Cool story. 

Perhaps you need a period of reflection to reflect on what you’ve just posted. 

Or just stop posting. 

Archived