Edmundson gone to Rangers

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gd'bye Eddie, hope you have a good time in the land of tartan and haggis. Here's to a decent replacement and a stash of cash when you realise that Scotland's climate is even worse than Oldham's and you go to Real Madrid. 😁

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Extremely reliably informed we received no more than 225k up front for George. The rest of the 700k to come in installments over the next 2 years...

And surely a sell-on clause?

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Extremely reliably informed we received no more than 225k up front for George. The rest of the 700k to come in installments over the next 2 years...

I guess that's two more instalments of 225k.

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

As long as those instalments are not contingent on any milestones, it's a good deal for Latics in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You might want to go away and re check your sources? 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I’m unreliably informed that pboro offered more up front but Marco took Georges wishes on board

Could have just accepted both offers then and let George decide.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I’m unreliably informed that pboro offered more up front but Marco took Georges wishes on board

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

Could have just accepted both offers then and let George decide.

MB's quote reads just that to me.

3 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

MB's quote reads just that to me.

Ok I'm sorry.

I thought we rejected Peterborough's offer because it wasn't as much as Rangers had offered?

17 minutes ago, Macca said:

Ok I'm sorry.

I thought we rejected Peterborough's offer because it wasn't as much as Rangers had offered?

I think someone said above that Peterborough's offer was worth more up front.

However, I'm guessing that George had decided on Rangers as soon as he knew they were interested.

Rangers - European football for a couple of months. Gerrard as manager. Scottish Premiership, 40k+ crowds.

Peterborough - Gobby chairman, Son of rednose as manager who could leave again at a moment's notice, Barry Fry as the village idiot, 8k crowds, League 1.

No brainer really.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Better for the club as a guaranteed future revenue and cannot be frittered away all in one go. :D 

Surely a sell-on clause, as already said.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:10 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Bit concerned Rangers will have any money over the next 2 years.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

crowd of 22,156... for a friendly against Oxford - welcome to the big time George.

Europa League qualifying on Tuesday. Rangers should progress to the next round - mind you how St Josephs Primary got to the preliminary round is a mystery...😲

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:11 PM, kowenicki said:

Apparently good debut but Gerrard says none of the new signings are fit enough yet for the Europa league game this week.

On the bench with a squad nr. of 4.

Archived