Latics could be kicked out of BP

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Going into Administration right now would mean a 12 point deduction. This would leave us bottom of the league.by one point and staring at  the abyss. 

I honestly think we'd really struggle to make the playoffs if that happened.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Going into Administration right now would mean a 12 point deduction. This would leave us bottom of the league.by one point and staring at  the abyss. 

The short term is close to irrelevant 

27 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

The only news in there, if it's true, is that Blitz is consulting administrators. And that's not a surprise in the light of what he said the other week.

Limited value in putting us in administration now, far better to do it at the end of the season when he can have a fire sale of anybody with any value whatsoever.

I suspect it's a tip off from Blitz trying to get some movement on the North Stand shambles/debts generally, which seems perfectly reasonable. 

Do it now before he can get his hands on the ST money?

11 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

I'm not clued up in the law, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's under police investigation for monies owed or missing or ownership debates etc, no other court action can take place as blitz cud evict us and then be found to have no legal rights or owe money himself etc. Obviously the north stand issue is fucked up either way ur support goes, but the sun are such shocking reporters its unreal. Cash strapped club..... a few sentences later..... wage bill has tripled. And they have 56 players on the books. Contradiction is enormous.  Theres unwanted goings on regarding the north stand but I would take anythin the sun said with a bag full of salt never mind a pinch

There is nothing to stop action in the civil courts, even whilst a criminal investigation is ongoing (IF indeed there is). In fact, it's quite common. Banks, for example, may take court and/or insolvency proceedings against alleged fraudsters whilst the police investigate the criminal aspect. The burden of proof in a civil case is far less (balance of probabilities) than that required in a criminal case (beyond reasonable doubt) so, in fact, it often makes sense for someone to protect their assets or enforce their rights in a civil court whilst a criminal investigation/criminal proceedings are ongoing.

The harsh reality too, is that the police nowadays are very ill equipped to deal with financial crime. Most effective fraud squads were shut down years ago and even in places like the City of London Police (seen as the gold standard) far too many financial crime cases simply get filed.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I'd have thought you can't own or part own players or use them in a syndicate.

Staggering that either party could even discuss such an idea

Speaks volumes :help:

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

There is nothing to stop action in the civil courts, even whilst a criminal investigation is ongoing (IF indeed there is). In fact, it's quite common. Banks, for example, may take court and/or insolvency proceedings against alleged fraudsters whilst the police investigate the criminal aspect. The burden of proof in a civil case is far less (balance of probabilities) than that required in a criminal case (beyond reasonable doubt) so, in fact, it often makes sense for someone to protect their assets or enforce their rights in a civil court whilst a criminal investigation/criminal proceedings are ongoing.

The harsh reality too, is that the police nowadays are very ill equipped to deal with financial crime. Most effective fraud squads were shut down years ago and even in places like the City of London Police (seen as the gold standard) far too many financial crime cases simply get filed.

No crime cases of any description should be filed without an investigation.

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder if this is an offence under EFL/FA regulations? 

According to the Sun, Corney surprisingly hasn't received a penny as yet :shifty:

No benefit received, no breach in regulations

You couldn't make this lot up could you

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If we went into admin I think there would be quite a bit of interest in a takeover! 

***********ABDALLAH OUT***********

That's the good thing with this - people will be hovering. 

The bad part of that is some of them will be as bad/worse than AL/Corney... 

Aside from everything else that is allegedly going on the fact that less than 3,000 fans (and only 2,566 home fans) turned out for the last home game, when admission was only £5, illustrates perhaps the greater issue. Actual cash via the turnstiles (i.e. take out season ticket holders and free tickets) would have been around £5k at best. The cashflow/income situation looks dire to a casual observer.

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

Aside from everything else that is allegedly going on the fact that less than 3,000 fans (and only 2,566 home fans) turned out for the last home game, when admission was only £5, illustrates perhaps the greater issue. Actual cash via the turnstiles (i.e. take out season ticket holders and free tickets) would have been around £5k at best. The cashflow/income situation looks dire to a casual observer.

The stay aways are seeing their plan come to fruition, stemming the flow of capital the club needs for even the basic day to day running,

the bumper is nearing that brick wall.

OK let’s park the points deduction for a second.

Blitz presses the button, we go into administration - would Blitz be biggest creditor and theoretically have first dabs on acquiring the club?  What about Lemsagam and what club owes him or, because he’s the owner, he has to write that off and cannot reclaim from new owners?!

If Blitz acquired, he could then potentially sell it as part of the OEC deal to a FLG...or another interested party.

Would new owners be able to place all players onto consultation and pick/choose who to keep and who to release?

Just thinking, we could get rid of the fuckwits in boardroom, deadwood in the team and then focus on pulling away from relegation with enough games to play.....

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

That's the good thing with this - people will be hovering. 

The bad part of that is some of them will be as bad/worse than AL/Corney... 

i.e. Bassini.

Who was at the Stevo game as a guest of AL

:clown:

Archived