Crewe (A)

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

What a bloody shameful post. If that's how you want my team to play then I give up. Embarrassing. As it happens plenty who were at the game have rightly condemned our time wasting. Maybe you'd have preferred it if we'd lost in the 119th minute.

I really hope that was a tongue in cheek comment, because that was embarrassing today.

the one plus point out of today’s performance was Piergianni, who was superb throughout and is showing up the fraud next to him imo

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I really hope that was a tongue in cheek comment, because that was embarrassing today.

the one plus point out of today’s performance was Piergianni, who was superb throughout and is showing up the fraud next to him imo

Erm....I'm backing your comment!

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

It's not the result that wipes out the two good wins. It's his shitthousary tactics. We played 442 for two games. 6 goals and could have been double that. 6 points. Then first half today it wasnt brilliant but we were 442 and pressing from the front. As soon as they score he reverts straight back to the 451 that has failed throughout his tenure. He shit his pants and then didnt no what to do. Then brings on engone who for some reason cant run, I'm guessing hes not fit in the slightest. He has our goalkeeper dropping to the floor everytime he catches it. He has all our players walking to free kicks and throw ins. I dont give a shit if we win or lose because this season is a write off. Not goin up or down. But what I do give a shit about is that we have a manager who cannot do his job. If we would have scrapped and had a go and lost I would have said it wasnt meant to be. But he literally set us up 4-5-fuck me up the arse-1 and asked for crewe to bombard us. I'd rather get a manager who can react tactically properly come in now and start setting up for next season

With Rowe and Mouche up top its hardly a 442. They both wanted to occupy no.10 position.

I wasn’t there so won’t comment on the overall performance.

im also a massive critic of this standard but I won’t slag Zeus off (even tho the first was a clear error) as he’s by far and away the best keeper we’ve had on our books this season. Simply because he’s the only one that will come to claim a cross. 

The issue I have is that, by all accounts, we were hanging on for a point against fucking Crewe, who I can guarantee won’t be playing league one football next year.

i don’t know what the answer is but if a manager can’t string three wins in a row together for the biggest club in the league, with the largest budget, questions need to be asked. 

I dont even think the recruitment can be criticised any more.

I would much rather us continue the trend of the last two games; gone at them, lost 8-3 with a couple of players sent off than play the garbage that we played after Smith scored.

We effectively gave the league's free scoring entertainers 50 minutes to score two goals against a defence that has more holes than A colander of Swiss cheese.

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

I would much rather us continue the trend of the last two games; gone at them, lost 8-3 with a couple of players sent off than play the garbage that we played after Smith scored.

We effectively gave the league's free scoring entertainers 50 minutes to score two goals against a defence that has more holes than A colander of Swiss cheese.

Id prefer us to grind out a 1-0 win. with horrible time wasting keeping the ball in the corner and sticking 10 behind the ball.

What is it with Oldham fans wanting us to be gallant losers all the time. 

Football is about trying to win as many games as possible.

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Wouldn’t say Crewe are the leagues entertainers but I take your point about the defence. Three massively over rated players in that back four, and wheater isn’t one of them.

What has Piergianni done wrong since he’s been here? He’s been our best defender by an absolute mile! I don’t see him as being overrated at all.

29 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

It was working fine until they got their lucky goal from Zeus mistake. Then everyone dropped to our box for half hour

Some of our attempts to defend were childish.  Aimless, energy-sapping ball-chasing and no attempt to man-mark.

47 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Id prefer us to grind out a 1-0 win. with horrible time wasting keeping the ball in the corner and sticking 10 behind the ball.

What is it with Oldham fans wanting us to be gallant losers all the time. 

Football is about trying to win as many games as possible.

Bet you were loving it then yesterday😳....until the goal went in!

Maybe I could agree with you if we were in the playoff positions or fighting relegation but come on.....We were under zero pressure in that game and in front of 1262 fans it was an opportunity to play without fear.

That was absolutely abysmal from Dino yesterday and he deserved every bit of abuse he got from fans at the final whistle.

I’ve already got my Orient train ticket but after witnessing that shite yesterday I don’t fancy it one bit!!!

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

What has Piergianni done wrong since he’s been here? He’s been our best defender by an absolute mile! I don’t see him as being overrated at all.

Nothing wrong as such, but he’s playing at his absolute maximum to be catching for a mid table league 2 team. I’d be looking to replace next year if we have any ambition what so ever. 

I think the second half against Carlisle showed how uncomfortable he is with runners in behind and in the channels. 

56 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Bet you were loving it then yesterday😳....until the goal went in!

Maybe I could agree with you if we were in the playoff positions or fighting relegation but come on.....We were under zero pressure in that game and in front of 1262 fans it was an opportunity to play without fear.

That was absolutely abysmal from Dino yesterday and he deserved every bit of abuse he got from fans at the final whistle.

I’ve already got my Orient train ticket but after witnessing that shite yesterday I don’t fancy it one bit!!!

I didn't go because I didn't want to and you shouldn't go to Orient either if you "don't fancy it one bit" go get a refund. Is someone holding a gun to your head and telling you to go.

The point is though we lost I want us to win I don't care how we do it.

Did those 1262 turn up yesterday hoping that we lose 3-2? Would you have given them a standing ovation for that because you were "entertained" I don't turn up as a neutral I support Oldham Athletic I want us to win. 

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I didn't go because I didn't want to and you shouldn't go to Orient either if you "don't fancy it one bit" go get a refund. Is someone holding a gun to your head and telling you to go.

Did those 1262 turn up yesterday hoping that we lose 3-2? Would you have given them a standing ovation for that because you were "entertained" I don't turn up as a neutral I support Oldham Athletic I want us to win. 

the point people are making is that Dino was happy at 1-1 to settle for a draw, and people would rather see us going for the win and get caught on the counter than try to hang on for a point we didn’t really need and lose anyway 

56 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

the point people are making is that Dino was happy at 1-1 to settle for a draw, and people would rather see us going for the win and get caught on the counter than try to hang on for a point we didn’t really need and lose anyway 

If as a mid table and we are going away tona top of the league side Im happy for is to be abit more pragmatic to try and get something from the game. Rather than trying to be all guns blazing and getting smashed.

I wasn't at the game yesterday but I asked this further up what I don't understand is why we didn't bring Chris McCann on hes been our best midfielder this season and offers us control in the midfield and would surely have made it more difficult for the opposition to dominate the game from the stats they had 67% possession. 

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

That’s fine if you’re just looking for the result at 4.50pm, however, If you do go and are happy to watch that shite be my guest. 

Yesterday was crying out for someone alongside Sylla who could put his foot on the ball, Nepo should have been sacrificed for McCann, Missilou could have sat deeper to protect the back four, as it was we had no outlet other than aimless punts upfield. I don't think anyone has mentioned but I thought Mills had a decent game. 

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Nothing wrong as such, but he’s playing at his absolute maximum to be catching for a mid table league 2 team. I’d be looking to replace next year if we have any ambition what so ever. 

I think the second half against Carlisle showed how uncomfortable he is with runners in behind and in the channels. 

Is he playing to his maximum? I’ve no idea whether he is or he isn’t. He’s not just ‘catching’ the team though, he’s been outstanding for us. Head and shoulders our best defender in each game he’s played.

As for being uncomfortable with runners in behind and in the channels, can you name me a centre half who IS comfortable with that?

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can't legislate for the keeper pushing one into his own net but the players seem to be getting away scot free. Take some responsibility, do your jobs and you come away with a very credible away point.

You can clearly see that the players are doing as they are told though. You can see the happiness on their faces when they're an attacking team. And glum faces when they're sat back. They dont want to play the way dino has them playing

If a team continually piss off refs with blatant time wasting , they will ALWAYS add on more time than was actually wasted.  So time wasting doesn't work. Can football managers and players not see the blindingly obvious ?

If not, don't be upset when you lose in the 98 th minute.      

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That’s fine if you’re just looking for the result at 4.50pm, however, If you do go and are happy to watch that shite be my guest. 

But it doesn't mean its like that every game. If the Mansfield and Bradford games are Plan A and the Crewe game was plan B where we go 1 up which as Eyrsie says, if either Zeus doesn't throw one in his own net for first, or we don't let their lad inside and get a shot away for the second then we come away with a point and thats 7 points out of 9.

People are saying that we had nothing to lose well if thats the case Id rather the manager spends the rest of this season trying to implement his plan A plan B and finding which players in the squad who can fit in with that. Then at the e d of the season flush out the ones that don't fit and bring in those that do.

Crewe appointed appointed David Artell in January 2017 they are only now seeing the results of sticking with him. We have had 8 managerial changes in that time hows that worked out for us? 

Im fairly indifferent about Dino Maarmria but if we stuck with him atleast it would show some kind of strategic thinking and a plan. 

Archived