Failsworth - Yes or No?

Latics_Fanatic

Failsworth  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Club Move To Failsworth?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will You Follow The Club To Failsworth?

• Yes
    • No

Can we have an option of will decide when I see the plans because to be honest right now I don't know if it will or won't be a good thing and I'm probably not the only one.

I think most people are on the fence... Some are dead against (based on what I dont know) and some are all for it (again based on what I dont know)

There will be times whether at BP or Failsworth in some seasons that I cannot go to/have not gone to some games, will i continue to follow them?

Of course!!! they are my football club, in my blood handed down - that will not alter - regardless of the potential of becoming an honorary manc!!

Would i prefer an updated BP - Course I would.

I've answered 'No' and 'Yes'. I don't think the club has made enough effort to look into other alternatives. I mentioned in another topic about simply rebuilding the Lookers with conderence facilities, maybe a hotel etc. I'm not sure what the viability of this would be, would we be able to sell off enough land whilst maintaining enough car parking space to cover the costs? I obviously don't have enough information to make that judgement, but it's a far smaller project than originally concieved and we already have the planning permission for the building of a stand there don't we? Apart from that I think the only real changes to the current ground would be getting back on track with general maintainance and maybe replace the roof on the Chaddy as that would make it look far more modern rather than the old fashioned pitched roof. BP isn't a bad ground, but it looks terible now the Lookers has gone and the rest has been allowed to deteriorate.

Like I say, i don't think other options have been looked into properly. Are there other sites in a more favourable place than Failsworth or is there seriously only one suitable site in the whole borough of Oldham? We should try to stay at BP, but if it's unviable then i'm all for a move, just not necessarily Failsworth where it seems we aren't wanted.

Edited by LeylandLatic

I've answered 'No' and 'Yes'. I don't think the club has made enough effort ta look into other alternatives. I mentioned in another topic about simply rebuilding the Lookers with conderence facilities, maybe a hotel etc. I'm not sure what the viability of this would be, would we be able to sell off enough land whilst maintaining enough car parking space to cover the costs? I obviously don't have enough information to make that judgement, but it's a far smaller project than originally concieved and we already have the planning permission for the building of a stand there don't we? Apart from that I think the only real changes to the current ground would be getting back on track with general maintainance and maybe replace the roof on the Chaddy as that would make it look far more modern rather than the old fashioned pitched roof. BP isn't a bad ground, but it looks terible now the Lookers has gone and the rest has been allowed to deteriorate.

Like I say, i don't think other options have been looked into properly. Are there other sites in a more favourable place than Failsworth or is there seriously only one suitable site in the whole borough of Oldham? We should try to stay at BP, but if it's unviable then i'm all for a move, just not necessarily Failsworth where it seems we aren't wanted.

I've answered the same...... Yes and No! We shouldnt leave BP but dont have a say. Even if we do, Failsworth is wrong choice and should have been Tameside which has been crying out for a league team for ages. I will continue to follow whatever.

I've answered 'No' and 'Yes'. I don't think the club has made enough effort to look into other alternatives. I mentioned in another topic about simply rebuilding the Lookers with conderence facilities, maybe a hotel etc. I'm not sure what the viability of this would be, would we be able to sell off enough land whilst maintaining enough car parking space to cover the costs? I obviously don't have enough information to make that judgement, but it's a far smaller project than originally concieved and we already have the planning permission for the building of a stand there don't we? Apart from that I think the only real changes to the current ground would be getting back on track with general maintainance and maybe replace the roof on the Chaddy as that would make it look far more modern rather than the old fashioned pitched roof. BP isn't a bad ground, but it looks terible now the Lookers has gone and the rest has been allowed to deteriorate.

This is what Alan Hardy told me in response to our collective query on the following sites: Coal Pit Lane/ Higginshaw Lane Gas Works/ Beal Valley/ Counthill/ Hollinwood/ Ferney Field/ Park Road...

Matt, Just got a few minutes spare to reply to you.

Quite simple really.

All the sites mentioned have at some stage been considered.

The site we were looking for had to be accessible without irresolvable highways

issues, 25-30 acres to allow us to generate supporting income from other

developments, free of costly remediation requirements due to contamination,

relatively flat and the owner had to be minded to sell and at a price that made

sense and not an inflated one due to the misconception that money was no object.

All of the sites failed the test for at least one of the above reasons.

We also had to bring in as much revenue from the Boundary Park land as we could and

since the economic climate has changed so much over the past two years we now need

to sell all the land where earlier we could have realized enough by selling only 10

acres and then re-developing the stadium.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive / Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

T: 0161 624 4972

F: 0161 627 5915

E: alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Boundary Park,

Furtherwood Road,

Oldham.

OL1 2PA

Should we have a cracking season as our last at BP (either promotion/ play off finals/ great cup run with play off's) I would expect to have a greater size crowd in the new stadium than we have now. The one's who at this moment in time that feel so aggrieved at moving to failsworth to the point they intend not to follow the club down there, just might change their minds. Lets not forget right now to them it feel's right what they propose to do, emotions are running high. A good feel factor from the club and team helps remove that.

I voted NO-YES. Failsworth feels wrong but no Latics come Saturday? well that just isn't thinkable.

Just as an update. Speaking with AH last night the stadium plans have been a bit slow again of late for the likes of the club. The local councillors have asked for a meeting to discuss plans but no point as yet cos there's nothing further or new to discuss but will do as and when. as an aside, Blitz turned up at the stiff's last night with Corney arriving from a day in London. Perhaps we'll be getting a morecambe and wise sketch on LW soon.

I answered no to Question 1, although I realise it will happen I do not think Failsworth is the correct location for our new ground (just my opinion)

Yes to Question 2, I have been watching Latics for 47 years and no matter where they play or what division they are in, providing I can afford it, I will still go.

:mainstand:

Im guessing anyone genuinely answering No to Q2 does not really support the club. At the end of the day, while not everyone loves the idea of Failsworth its about 5 or 10 minutes away from BP.

If they had moved the club to the Wirral or something then fair enough stop supporting I wouldn't blame you.

Should we have a cracking season as our last at BP (either promotion/ play off finals/ great cup run with play off's) I would expect to have a greater size crowd in the new stadium than we have now. The one's who at this moment in time that feel so aggrieved at moving to failsworth to the point they intend not to follow the club down there, just might change their minds. Lets not forget right now to them it feel's right what they propose to do, emotions are running high. A good feel factor from the club and team helps remove that.

I voted NO-YES. Failsworth feels wrong but no Latics come Saturday? well that just isn't thinkable.

Same here, but still more questions than answers remain - interesting that opinion on the first question is roughly 50/50 divided. Speaks volumes imo, however when it comes to the crunch people will go regardless and have voted so far more than 4 to 1 in favour.

Edited by oafcprozac

Just as an update. Speaking with AH last night the stadium plans have been a bit slow again of late for the likes of the club. The local councillors have asked for a meeting to discuss plans but no point as yet cos there's nothing further or new to discuss but will do as and when. as an aside, Blitz turned up at the stiff's last night with Corney arriving from a day in London. Perhaps we'll be getting a morecambe and wise sketch on LW soon.

So I guess the plans wont be out by the 9th December ?

I answered yes to both, 1st question I looked at it as if staying at boundary park being the option, obviously this doesn't look as if it will happen, moving to Failsworth, not overly keen on the idea but will still go anyway, I suppose it will just be something 'one' has to get used to, some people just don't like change.

I reckon tickets for the Chaddy will be at a premium for that game. I'll be in the old :censored:hole for a final time I think.