Keith Alexander Passes Away

Terrible news. I remember the Football League Show saying he'd had some sort of problem in the last few weeks with a bout of hiccups that he couldn't shake off, and had been to the doctors about. Wonder if it was connected, can't imagine how but it seems it was all very sudden.

RIP.

Edited by jsslatic

Terrible news. I remember the Football League Show saying he'd had some sort of problem in the last few weeks with a bout of hiccups that he couldn't shake off, and had been to the doctors about. Wonder if it was connected, can't imagine how but it seems it was all very sudden.

RIP.

I don't recall the details, but I read once how prolonged periods of hiccups can be indicative of something more serious.

This is just idle speculation though, please don't take that at face value.

Most important, Rest In Peace to Keith and all the very best to his poor, poor family.

RIP Keith- he is obviously a well-respected manager and a football gent.

To (partially) answer the health stuff- he's probably died from a reoccurance of the brain aneurysm he had in 2003 (he was unwell a few weeks ago)- not too many things kill a "fit" 53 year old suddenly. Prolonged hiccups is a sign of uraemia (essentially too much of the stuff in wee which isn't water in your blood) which is quite serious and this has many other signs including some brain effects (e.g. confusion). I presume someone will be doing a post-mortem to find out what killed him.

sad to hear that he passed away , 53 is no age , my condolences to his family and all who knew him.. rest in peace

Certainly isn't, Bob. My father-in-law was the very same age when he died.

Awful news. Alexander always seemed like a really good feller.

RIP Keith.