GREGAN!

Probably went in off his arse. :grin:

A crisp half volley from the edge of the box.

BBC text says "Goal scored by Sean Gregan from the edge of the penalty box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Exeter 1-1 Oldham. "

(EDIT: Perhaps "edge of the 6 yard box deflected in off a defender's arse" would be a fairer description).

The penalties were both really soft.

Edited by opinions4u

I was one of those who said, prior to the start of the season, that Sean should move on.

I thought last season he was part of the problem after Christmas. berating players and not leading by example. When we signed him at the start of the year I've already confessed I wasn't particularly happy.

Thankfully he's gone on to have a magnificent season, been a rock at the back despite playing through injuries and popped up with what could prove to be a priceless goal come the end of the season.

If only it was from his own half... he'd have won that bet!

Dred to think where we would actually be now if he did not come back at the start of the season.

Well done to Brill too, he has answered his critics of late - two V V's to you all for the stick you gave him

Just wish Hazell wouldn't jump with his arms all over the opposition players - he scares me.

Not the result we all wished.

Surely, our luck has gotta change and someone must be due a stuff from us soon.

Phew!!...

I was one of those who said, prior to the start of the season, that Sean should move on.

I thought last season he was part of the problem after Christmas. berating players and not leading by example. When we signed him at the start of the year I've already confessed I wasn't particularly happy.

Thankfully he's gone on to have a magnificent season, been a rock at the back despite playing through injuries and popped up with what could prove to be a priceless goal come the end of the season.

If only it was from his own half... he'd have won that bet!

I remember our difference of opinion on that Acks!

Would it be overstating his impact to suggest we'd be well on our way to relegation, had we not re-signed him?

Dred to think where we would actually be now if he did not come back at the start of the season.

Well done to Brill too, he has answered his critics of late - two V V's to you all for the stick you gave him

Just wish Hazell wouldn't jump with his arms all over the opposition players - he scares me.

Not the result we all wished.

Surely, our luck has gotta change and someone must be due a stuff from us soon.

Phew!!...

Awww my bad.

Has wickkle dean been crying to you? I'd still have Flahavan in goal over him any day if i were in charge. I admit and am very pleased to, that Dean has improved considerably since his last stint in goal, but he still doesn't appear to be what we had hoped.

Flahavan and Fleming as keepers next year please Andy

.........(ooops!)

This is from a neutral point of view, as I WAS a Chester fan :disappointed: but i've been to about 6 oldham games this season.

Every game I've always thought that there is no better centre half at this division as Sean Gregan. Always as solid as a rock, wins virtually every header, reads the game brilliantly...

I also think that Hazel is fantastic, just has that extra bit of pace that makes up for Gregan's ageing legs :grin: .

Are these two always as good as this, or have they just upped their game every time I've been there

This is from a neutral point of view, as I WAS a Chester fan :disappointed:

Aw sorry mate. How the hell Vaughan passed the 'fit and proper person' test i'll never know. Aren't Chester fans setting up a new club?

But back on topic...my brother (who's a Liverpool fan,and therefore also a neutral - well,nearly) has been to a couple of games this season, and reckons that Gregan's the only player in our team who could play at a higher level. Which kind of makes you wonder why no-one offered him a contract when we released him, but thank f**k they didn't or we'd probably already be down by now.

Awww my bad.

Has wickkle dean been crying to you? I'd still have Flahavan in goal over him any day if i were in charge. I admit and am very pleased to, that Dean has improved considerably since his last stint in goal, but he still doesn't appear to be what we had hoped.

Flahavan and Fleming as keepers next year please Andy

.........(ooops!)

It's a good job you're not in charge then.