New Manager Thread

That's exactly why he'd leave. 'Cause he knows £1mil is what he'd have to spend to keep Dale in League One. His team is falling apart. Tom Kennedy has gone, Dagnall is on the verge of going, Dawson looks like he'll be sold. They've released a ton of players. He's got a Rochdale promotion now on his C.V, maybe he'd fancy a new challenge. ....like getting on Oldham promotion on his C.V. :P

wheres kennedy gone? if it was for free then we've missed a good player

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumped into a County old boy yesterday who may or may not have played for you lot in the past and is still in touch with one or two at BP. He told me the three being interviewed this week are Frankie Bunn, Lee Richardson and Mark Crossley. Make of that what you will.

Both are 24 years old so I don't think Dale get anything. Could be wrong though.

shame, both would easily shine with dale this season. dale have made hem into the players they are so deserve something.

isnt dagnall like 29 though?

Bumped into a County old boy yesterday who may or may not have played for you lot in the past and is still in touch with one or two at BP. He told me the three being interviewed this week are Frankie Bunn, Lee Richardson and Mark Crossley. Make of that what you will.

I very much doubt Lee richardson is not being interviewed for the job, although I have been wrong before.

The other two, probable.

I'm sure he said on the fishul site that he himself couldn't commit to the club due to having to keep flying to and from the USA so it would be better if he left. Think he said he's flew 8 or 9 times since coming on board and it's took it's toll on him so thought it would be better to leave.

Which is the equivalent of an MP stepping down "to spend more time with the family".

wouldn't we???

why not???

Sorry, I meant lengthy contract, ie 2 year contract.

Gray is already on the wage bill, there is nothing to prevent us offering him the position on his present contract, which has a year to run, hence whatever we would have to pay him off if it didnt work would be minimal. Its not like Penney who had over a year to run

Think he would be an excellent choice as built steadily and uses youth well. Just cant see him wanting a change right now on back of promotion perhaps he can be the next one at Christmas? :unsure:

but he wouldn't get the chance to build steadily

Sorry, I meant lengthy contract, ie 2 year contract.

Gray is already on the wage bill, there is nothing to prevent us offering him the position on his present contract, which has a year to run, hence whatever we would have to pay him off if it didnt work would be minimal. Its not like Penney who had over a year to run

really???

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Mark-...icle436077.html

i hope he doesnt get the job we need a experience boss in.

we need consistancy at the club, we cant afford to be 'finding' the team at the begining of the season again... knowing the squad we have now and knowing the best 11 is more important to us this year than ever !

we have to remember that in the first 3 months of the season there is a spate of managers losing their jobs... if Gray cant prove he is upto the job then the list of managers to pick from will be bigger...

I have met Bunn... Cant imagine him as our Manager, good coach but he is Media shy... we need a manager media and fans focused !

Gannon the guy is a live wire, the club can ill afford a lose cannon !

Crossley and or Andy Liddell just like lee Richardson.... old boys that fans remeber fondly yet will turn on quicker !

Bring stability to the club, bring consistancy to the coaching set up, bring a familiar face to the players/fans... Bring in Martin Gray

we need consistancy at the club, we cant afford to be 'finding' the team at the begining of the season again... knowing the squad we have now and knowing the best 11 is more important to us this year than ever !

we have to remember that in the first 3 months of the season there is a spate of managers losing their jobs... if Gray cant prove he is upto the job then the list of managers to pick from will be bigger...

I have met Bunn... Cant imagine him as our Manager, good coach but he is Media shy... we need a manager media and fans focused !

Gannon the guy is a live wire, the club can ill afford a lose cannon !

Crossley and or Andy Liddell just like lee Richardson.... old boys that fans remeber fondly yet will turn on quicker !

Bring stability to the club, bring consistancy to the coaching set up, bring a familiar face to the players/fans... Bring in Martin Gray

Andy f****** Liddell?????????....Jesus....... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I must thank you for giving me some "care" about who takes the job...I hadn't until that moment!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Little Birdy Tells Me...

Crossley's got it - absolutely nothing to substantiate this but hey what the hell thought I'd share the info, Brother-in-law is normally spot on. Told me Royle was replacing Shez three days before it happened and Penney was getting the boot the day before he actually did. However, lots of complete bollocks from him over the years. So we shall see. If it is lardarse I say give him a go - the lad has worked under Cloughie, Frank Clark, Bassett,Venables, Robson, McClaren, Tigana, Coleman and whoever was managing Wales- so he's got a decent pedigree oh and he also knows how now to do it by spending 3 years with Shez...

Andy f****** Liddell?????????....Jesus....... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I must thank you for giving me some "care" about who takes the job...I hadn't until that moment!

I genuinely don't understand why they won't give it me. I've done a great job at Newport County on FM10!

Crossley's got it - absolutely nothing to substantiate this but hey what the hell thought I'd share the info, Brother-in-law is normally spot on. Told me Royle was replacing Shez three days before it happened and Penney was getting the boot the day before he actually did. However, lots of complete bollocks from him over the years. So we shall see. If it is lardarse I say give him a go - the lad has worked under Cloughie, Frank Clark, Bassett,Venables, Robson, McClaren, Tigana, Coleman and whoever was managing Wales- so he's got a decent pedigree oh and he also knows how now to do it by spending 3 years with Shez...

I would be fully behind Crossley , always liked him at Latics and his interviews always gave me the impression he knew what he was talking about !