New Manager Thread

Interesting that the ex Hearts guy mentioned int he Chron website. I know he was mentioned in the easlier pages.

I did not realise it at the time, but he is a Romanian Hungarian. viewed to have done a good job at hearts with no money, long injury crisis and struggled having to use kids (mmm! :mmm: ) The hungarian connection is clear there I reckon he could easily make the shortlist

As 2015 consortium have been given Football League approval, and they are hoping to complete end of May/Early June I reckon Gannon is highly likely to want to wait till it is confirmed.

And Gray, with Bunn strongly tipped.

That would be the shortlist.

Edited by singe

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that the ex Hearts guy mentioned int he Chron website. I know he was mentioned in the easlier pages.

Maybe they're thinking if the fans can't pronounce his name they can't call for his head... :unsure:

Maybe they're thinking if the fans can't pronounce his name they can't call for his head... :unsure:

Well they couldn;t spell Penney's either so they called him a Yorkshire.

Hungarian does not fit

And he was born in Romania, so pikey/gypo bar steward it will be.

He's onto a losing start already

I don't think that will matter.

You $h1t Hungarian B@5t4rd, get out of our club etc, etc...

Frank Bunn - You :censored: double hatrick/big chinned b*****d.

Andy Ritchie - You :censored: bald head b*****d.

Jim Gannon - You :censored: Stockport b******d.

Martin Gray for me.

I'm veering towards Ossie Ardiles purely based on the fact that he likes to play 5 up front (according to wikipedia). That should at least stop anyone moaning about negative football. Actually would quite like him or Gannon purely based on the fact that they both seem fairly bonkers and would provide endless entertainment!

SOLSKJAER NAMED AS NEW OLDHAM MANAGER

ldham Athletic have today announed former Manchester United striker and reserve team manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their new manager. Solskjaer takes over from Dave Penney who managed the side for the last 12 games of last season.

Solskjaer takes control of the club following the multi million pound take over by Umbro PLC and signals another major step forward for the footballl club.

Ole Solskjaer told the M.E.N, "I am absolutley over the moon at getting this job, i have really enjoyed my time with Manchester United but i cant wait to get my teeth into my new role. With Umbro coming on board bringing with them new funds and a new stadium the future looks very exciting. I will use any transfer money i get here wiseley, i will not be going out to sign Premiership players, i want to build here and will start by bringing in players that i feel can get us into the Championship".

i wish

I'm veering towards Ossie Ardiles purely based on the fact that he likes to play 5 up front (according to wikipedia). That should at least stop anyone moaning about negative football. Actually would quite like him or Gannon purely based on the fact that they both seem fairly bonkers and would provide endless entertainment!

ardilles is a new 1 on me today. his appointment would surely bring the press attention to a high and get the fans imagination going with his attacking football. could be a shrude choice if we could attract him.

ldham Athletic have today announed former Manchester United striker and reserve team manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their new manager. Solskjaer takes over from Dave Penney who managed the side for the last 12 games of last season.

Solskjaer takes control of the club following the multi million pound take over by Umbro PLC and signals another major step forward for the footballl club.

Ole Solskjaer told the M.E.N, "I am absolutley over the moon at getting this job, i have really enjoyed my time with Manchester United but i cant wait to get my teeth into my new role. With Umbro coming on board bringing with them new funds and a new stadium the future looks very exciting. I will use any transfer money i get here wiseley, i will not be going out to sign Premiership players, i want to build here and will start by bringing in players that i feel can get us into the Championship".

i wish

I'm getting dejavu from when you read Shez was sacked also after reading it from a user's forum story from their games on Football manager and the like :wink:

Frank Bunn - You :censored: double hatrick/big chinned b*****d.

Andy Ritchie - You :censored: bald head b*****d.

Jim Gannon - You :censored: Stockport b******d.

Martin Gray for me.

Arrggh the kiss of death.

You said you'd met Dave Penney really nice guy and he should say, and he got sacked a week later.

:wink:

i wish

:lol::lol:

The Chron only latched on to Shabba (Csaba) as I requested odds on him from Victor Chandler so they listed him, I fancied him for the Plymouth job so rather than tip them the wink I asked for odds on him for all the available jobs to ensure they didn't cut him short at Argyle.

Would do a decent job but attendances would be far worse than with Penney, he only knows 4-5-1 and craves a 0-0 every match, the Hearts fans were booing every week at his tactics and only won 2 league games by more than 1 goal in the whole 18 months he was with us.

The Chron only latched on to Shabba (Csaba) as I requested odds on him from Victor Chandler so they listed him, I fancied him for the Plymouth job so rather than tip them the wink I asked for odds on him for all the available jobs to ensure they didn't cut him short at Argyle.

Would do a decent job but attendances would be far worse than with Penney, he only knows 4-5-1 and craves a 0-0 every match, the Hearts fans were booing every week at his tactics and only won 2 league games by more than 1 goal in the whole 18 months he was with us.

Oh dear

How many played out of position?!

the Hearts fans were booing every week at his tactics and only won 2 league games by more than 1 goal in the whole 18 months he was with us.

But we dont score 1 goal in a game very often so he would be an improvement if he brought that record to us

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2054451,00.html

"Managers who have a wealth of experience" - Gannon, Simpson

"Coaches who are looking to step up to be a No 1" - Bunn, Gray

"Players looking to move into management" - Butt, Crossley

Damn they obviously are not considering my app then or he would have said

"Fans who are damn good at Football manager"

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2054451,00.html

"Managers who have a wealth of experience" - Gannon, Simpson

"Coaches who are looking to step up to be a No 1" - Bunn, Gray

"Players looking to move into management" - Butt, Crossley

Or

"Managers who have a wealth of experience" - Carlton Palmer, Ron Atkinson (it does not say managerial experience)

"Coaches who are looking to step up to be a No 1" - John Barnes, Martin Gray, easyBus.

"Players looking to move into management" - John Barnes, Carlton Palmer

I see my role as a manager of expectations.....

Edited by singe

Hello there boys and girls, long time no speak.

Disappointed you escaped relegation, I was looking forward to a bumper NW L2 next season. Ah well......

Re: Gannon. Very likely to be back at County. The only possible stumbling block would be the pounds and pence.

"ATHLETIC are hoping for a season-tickets boost by naming their new boss before the end of this month", so says the Chron.

Looks like Martin Gray's the man then!

But seriously, this must be a reference to Nicky Butt or Frankie Bunn.

"ATHLETIC are hoping for a season-tickets boost by naming their new boss before the end of this month", so says the Chron.

Can anyone on the inside tell us whether they've started carving "BU" on the manager's door?

But to be fair those are the Chron's words not the clubs.