New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there boys and girls, long time no speak.

Disappointed you escaped relegation, I was looking forward to a bumper NW L2 next season. Ah well......

Re: Gannon. Very likely to be back at County. The only possible stumbling block would be the pounds and pence.

Yup, the general consensus on here seems to be that County is his preferred option, with us being his 'plan B'

CV WITH A DIFFERENCE

Latics have received a number of unusual applications for the managerial vacancy at Boundary Park.

After careful consideration of all correspendence, they have not been included on the shortlist to replace Dave Penney.

The applicants invariably believe they are suitably qualified because of their exploits in junior and amateur football, their footballing skills on computer and video games and also their ability to play the football game Subbuteo.

They include one from somebody with a doctorate at Cambridge University who, together with having an UEFA Pro Licence, believes he can introduce a scientific approach to training, team selection and tactics.

Another candidate lists his exploits on Championship Manager, Pro Evolution Soccer, FIFA 98 and Daily Telegraph Fantasy League where he has a higher points total to celebrity managers Alan Hansen and Sven-Goran Eriksson.

"Most clubs appoint managers who have failed and been sacked. But not me, to date I have not failed as a manager," he wrote adding he had been a manager in private industry and local government.

He added that as a qualified surveyor he could also help out with maintenenance of the ground.

There was a further application from somebody who explained he has had great success within simulation football while also spending vast periods of time sitting in bus shelters which are akin to dug outs.

Another applicant's cv comprises his exploits on Championship Manager and Football Manager at AFC Telford United, Ilkeston Town, Portadown, AFC Wimbledon and Oxford United over a 10-year period.

It also includes managing Blackburn Rovers, Hull City and Inter Milan with whom he won the Champions League on two occasions.(Jim Smith!)

There was one further applicant who believes his long and successful military career has provided him with the skills and experience to help manage Latics

this and the post above just shows what a joke our club is.

I have a friend of a friend for whom any post received from Boundary Park will contain roughly his 75th rejection letter from a league football club. He's hoping for the opportunity to apply for the job of manager at every league club in the land but being an honourable chap will only do so when there is a vacancy.

To be fair to some clubs (who will remain unnamed) he's had various interesting responses, upto and including joining their radio commentary team!

I have a friend of a friend for whom any post received from Boundary Park will contain roughly his 75th rejection letter from a league football club. He's hoping for the opportunity to apply for the job of manager at every league club in the land but being an honourable chap will only do so when there is a vacancy.

To be fair to some clubs (who will remain unnamed) he's had various interesting responses, upto and including joining their radio commentary team!

ROY!? :wink:

The club are powerless to stop weirdos and attention seekers applying.

I should know, I've still got 20-year old rejection letters from Man City & QPR somewhere!

CV WITH A DIFFERENCE

Latics have received a number of unusual applications for the managerial vacancy at Boundary Park.

After careful consideration of all correspendence, they have not been included on the shortlist to replace Dave Penney.

The applicants invariably believe they are suitably qualified because of their exploits in junior and amateur football, their footballing skills on computer and video games and also their ability to play the football game Subbuteo.

They include one from somebody with a doctorate at Cambridge University who, together with having an UEFA Pro Licence, believes he can introduce a scientific approach to training, team selection and tactics.

Another candidate lists his exploits on Championship Manager, Pro Evolution Soccer, FIFA 98 and Daily Telegraph Fantasy League where he has a higher points total to celebrity managers Alan Hansen and Sven-Goran Eriksson.

"Most clubs appoint managers who have failed and been sacked. But not me, to date I have not failed as a manager," he wrote adding he had been a manager in private industry and local government.

He added that as a qualified surveyor he could also help out with maintenenance of the ground.

There was a further application from somebody who explained he has had great success within simulation football while also spending vast periods of time sitting in bus shelters which are akin to dug outs.

Another applicant's cv comprises his exploits on Championship Manager and Football Manager at AFC Telford United, Ilkeston Town, Portadown, AFC Wimbledon and Oxford United over a 10-year period.

It also includes managing Blackburn Rovers, Hull City and Inter Milan with whom he won the Champions League on two occasions.(Jim Smith!)

There was one further applicant who believes his long and successful military career has provided him with the skills and experience to help manage Latics

He sounds really clever, Give him a shot

CV WITH A DIFFERENCE

Did well at Derby too, Getting on a bit but worth bearing in mind

Chill out Lee, the person who posted the link has served in the illegal invasion of several countries, I suspect it might be him who made the application.

Chill out Lee, the person who posted the link has served in the illegal invasion of several countries, I suspect it might be him who made the application.

Argh well, i have just lost all interest in latics to be honest. rather concerntrate on my own football career.

No-one fancies Crossley then?????

3rd fav with vcbet but hardly had a mention.

If he hadn't played for us we'd be viewing him as an ex-premier league international with loads of contacts who played (and learned a few tricks) under Clough.

Why is it he doesn't appear worthy of discussion?

If he hadn't played for us we'd be viewing him as an ex-premier league international with loads of contacts who played (and learned a few tricks) under Clough.

Goalkeeper’s invariably make poor managers though don’t they? It’s just one of those strange football things that bounded about; but this one does ring true IMO.

MC always came across well in his interviews whilst he was here. He seemed to be liked by the players & Staff alike.

Like all the others; he’ll get my backing if he gets the job – just not sure that he’s a contender for it…………

Answered your own question for me personally