New Manager Thread

what is it with the dux malarky??

Think about it with a business hat on.

small budget but someone who can/is willing to work on that basis and who plays attacking football that will get fans interested.

Dux would not sell season tickets, committed as he was/is.

it could only be: ritchie/bunn, gannon, possibly gary speed going off 'international' names, paul sturrock, simpson, possibly stuart mcCall,

thats all i can think of for now who would be realistic.

gannon and speed would be interesting bets, ritchie/bunn as third choice fall back

ritchie has ruled himself out with his amazing bit of pr on the story on the bbc site.virtually slags us off,says we will never get back to the premiership days,might be able to manage the championship...low crowds who are impatient and the ground looks old and tired with one of the main stands now knocked down....

ex international players could mean anyone and everyone couldnt they...the suprise names is bemusing though....guess thats why there a suprise eh..

whats willie donachie upto these days

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Tolson would be great for this club, has during his time at Hyde United he has managed to turn the team around given the limited resources available to him. As an ex player of Latics he understands the internal workings and structure of the team and its processes. Given the chance I feel that he could bring the team to the sort of standard and success that Joe Royle achieved in his hay day.

NEIL TOLSON for MANAGER

Please reply to any feelings you may have about this good or bad thats what forums are for.

ritchie has ruled himself out with his amazing bit of pr on the story on the bbc site.virtually slags us off,says we will never get back to the premiership days,might be able to manage the championship...low crowds who are impatient and the ground looks old and tired with one of the main stands now knocked down....

ex international players could mean anyone and everyone couldnt they...the suprise names is bemusing though....guess thats why there a suprise eh..

Seemed more to me like he was hinting he could be the man for us; there's nothing he said that wasn't true and realistic.

what is it with the dux malarky??

Think about it with a business hat on.small budget but someone who can/is willing to work on that basis and who plays attacking football that will get fans interested.

Dux would not sell season tickets, committed as he was/is.

it could only be: ritchie/bunn, gannon, possibly gary speed going off 'international' names, paul sturrock, simpson, possibly stuart mcCall,

thats all i can think of for now who would be realistic.

gannon and speed would be interesting bets, ritchie/bunn as third choice fall back

I am!!

I haven’t said ‘I want Dux as manager’; I have said I can see the club having to go with a cheap; internal appointment; and our reserve team boss fits that reemit.

I will be straight on here if the new manager turns out to be a ‘big fee’ type & hold my hands up – I’ll say that now. But I happen to think that after settling up the severance package to pay-off DP; and with the previous released statements of Alan Hardy & Mike Newton pertaining to budget cuts & financial issues at the club – a double pay-out ( DP off, Big Fee New Manager In) is unlikely.

For me; as I have posted previously ( indeed I may even have been the 1st to throw his name in weeks & weeks ago) someone making their first forays in the football management; a la Gary Speed would be a good way to go – or others of the likes of Dean Holdsworth, Justin Edinborough, Derek McInnes, Paul Peschisolido etc would also fit the bill (that of young, albeit inexperienced; but showing potential managers; all of whom would have contacts at the higher level clubs they once played for)

I ideally like Eddie Howe but that will never happen.

Where the club goes now though is anyone’s guess isn’t it?

Neil Tolson would be great for this club, has during his time at Hyde United he has managed to turn the team around given the limited resources available to him. As an ex player of Latics he understands the internal workings and structure of the team and its processes. Given the chance I feel that he could bring the team to the sort of standard and success that Joe Royle achieved in his hay day.

NEIL TOLSON for MANAGER

Please reply to any feelings you may have about this good or bad thats what forums are for.

Hi Neil,

All the best, mate. Hope everything is good.

NEIL TOLSON for MANAGER

There are worse names being put forward on this thread & others I give you that

He's not slagging us off at all and i'm not sure where you got "impatient" from as it doesn't say it in the article. He said to get to the Premiership you need a Jack Walker figure, which we don't have, though we could maybe get into the Championship. If you read it you can tell he has been asked by the correspondent about the old days in the way he starts by saying "yes they do remember those days". An honest and realistic answer.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

NEIL TOLSON for MANAGER

I've no idea about his potential managerial skills, but I never miss an opportunity to mention seeing his debut goal for Latics in a pre-season friendly at Minehead (Chris Garland testimonial), when three B.A.L.L.S. had out-of-date pasties at half-time but lived to tell the tale..................repeatedly. :grin:

NEIL TOLSON for MANAGER

One post in and you're telling people on here what their forum is for?

Nice one........

I am!!

I haven’t said ‘I want Dux as manager’; I have said I can see the club having to go with a cheap; internal appointment; and our reserve team boss fits that reemit.

I will be straight on here if the new manager turns out to be a ‘big fee’ type & hold my hands up – I’ll say that now. But I happen to think that after settling up the severance package to pay-off DP; and with the previous released statements of Alan Hardy & Mike Newton pertaining to budget cuts & financial issues at the club – a double pay-out ( DP off, Big Fee New Manager In) is unlikely.

For me; as I have posted previously ( indeed I may even have been the 1st to throw his name in weeks & weeks ago) someone making their first forays in the football management; a la Gary Speed would be a good way to go – or others of the likes of Dean Holdsworth, Justin Edinborough, Derek McInnes, Paul Peschisolido etc would also fit the bill (that of young, albeit inexperienced; but showing potential managers; all of whom would have contacts at the higher level clubs they once played for)

I ideally like Eddie Howe but that will never happen.

Where the club goes now though is anyone’s guess isn’t it?

Did you see the "Penney Statement" on the OS referring to candidates "of suitable experience" though that does not necessarily mean too expensive; there are way more managers around than jobs, good or bad.

I get the feeling that the TTA would be wary about appointing a manager who has less experience than they have.

Actually I was about to scrub the previous sentence as players/new managers will still have taken coaching badge courses, but thinking about it, it wouldn't shock me if Simon Corney or one of the others had took some time out to do a coaching course or two themselves.......SC for manager???

:grin:

Did you see the "Penney Statement" on the OS referring to candidates "of suitable experience" though that does not necessarily mean too expensive; there are way more managers around than jobs, good or bad.

I get the feeling that the TTA would be wary about appointing a manager who has less experience than they have.

Actually I was about to scrub the previous sentence as players/new managers will still have taken coaching badge courses, but thinking about it, it wouldn't shock me if Simon Corney or one of the others had took some time out to do a coaching course or two themselves.......SC for manager???

:grin:

Not as daft as it sounds, it works well at Droylsden where owner Dave Pace is also the manager and has produced a fine attacking passing football team on a limited budget, only just failing to overhaul free spending Fleetwood.

Obviously a good back up team is needed, but he pulls the strings and has the passion of the ordinary fan.

Edited by BP1960

My three would be

1: Gannon (seems mental I like that)

2: Speed (young something to prove)

3: Butt (as above)

My :sauce: says Sturrock.

I agree with your three omar, except move Butt to first and Gannon to 3rd.

Sturrock would drive fans away faster than Penney ever did with his football.

John Barnes is available after finishing work on his new World Cup advert

Venables' & Taylor's advert with Pearce & Dalglish is far better. Better choice there!

Oh and Kelly Brook!!