BBC Reporting that Warren Feeney Has Agreed Terms

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the type of signing we needed, we now have an obvious 1st choice strike pairing and youth (+ Dickov) to fill in when needed. Looking forward to seeing how well Abbott and Feeney work together!

Assuming Dickov gives the current squad a chance without getting rid of too many (as he indicated he would) I'd be happy with one more signing at centre-back (Butler?) to challenge Greegs and Rubes.

Feeney his wife and kids we're all sat at the back of the main stand at tonights game B) .

Not sure if that means anything, but there you are :gossip: .

Definately him you can't mistake him at all.

Also Vincent Kompany was sat in the main stand near the directors box.

Ian G.

kiss of death on the official site :unsure:

If it goes by the form book, as it normally tries to let us down gently, then he will sign.

However, since TB took over things are a bit less clear cut than they used to be.

I don't mean any particualr referecne to ackey in that.

If it goes by the form book, as it normally tries to let us down gently, then he will sign.

However, since TB took over things are a bit less clear cut than they used to be.

I don't mean any particualr referecne to ackey in that.

I also think that 'Paul hints at new signings imminent ' footnote is a bit of a give away

Rewind 12 months, cue reaction to Furman, Brill, Parker...all I'm saying is feet on the ground eh?

E4e

DNGCA

Sort of agree with you Nik,

Whilst I don’t think we should be getting carried away with this; especially as he hasn’t even signed for us yet, I am personally far happier currently than I thought I would be with the signing of Jones & being linked to the likes of Feeney.

I fully expected the signings to be in more of the mould of the rest of the trialists – young lads released by their clubs without ever playing for them. To have signed Jones already and to be allegedly about to sign a striker like Feeney is way; way better than I expected.

As you say; Furman was ridiculously talked up on here after his signing, Brill was billed as a quality young ‘keeper…..Parker though IIRC really divided opinion and for as many who talked him; there were those like me who were massively under-whelmed.

I think it’s a matter of striking a balance; you can be impressed with the increased calibre of player coming in; over what you presumed would be signed whilst still remaining realistic in expectations for the season. That’s where I’m at……