Daft Things That Make Your Blood Boil!

steveoafc

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Cities that get split into quarters to make then sound trendy.

:lol:

To be fair Manchester only has one quarter and it's not even a 4th of the city... :blink:

The Lorries overtaking thing is one of mine! Ask my mates, I will get red in the face screaming at the buggers for it.

:lol:

To be fair Manchester only has one quarter and it's not even a 4th of the city... :blink:

The Lorries overtaking thing is one of mine! Ask my mates, I will get red in the face screaming at the buggers for it.

I'm pretty certain they were pushing the "green quarter" not so long back around Victoria.

I'm pretty certain they were pushing the "green quarter" not so long back around Victoria.

The Green quarter still exists, it is on the corner of the ringroad opposite the MEN car park. Though to me it looks like many building squished together and so I don't get the green bit. Apparently they do have a little patch of grass in the middle that gives it it's name.

I heard them going on about having a Southern Quarter along Oxford Road, when the BBC moves out, but that has been merged into a bigger development called the South City Project. Apparently they can’t use the work Oxford Road for it (even though that’s what it is) as the Universities don’t like the word ‘Oxford’ in the title.

The Green quarter still exists, it is on the corner of the ringroad opposite the MEN car park. Though to me it looks like many building squished together and so I don't get the green bit. Apparently they do have a little patch of grass in the middle that gives it it's name.

I heard them going on about having a Southern Quarter along Oxford Road, when the BBC moves out, but that has been merged into a bigger development called the South City Project. Apparently they can’t use the work Oxford Road for it (even though that’s what it is) as the Universities don’t like the word ‘Oxford’ in the title.

To be fair, that "green quarter" will look like Moss Side did in the 80s by the end of the 2010s.

First I've heard about the Unis not like the word Oxford and I work there. There are big plans for the "Oxford Rd Corridor" but as far as I am aware they are only plans.

Lorries overtaking Lorries (or other speed restrricted vehicles) on a dual carriageway where the speed limit is 70. Thank :censored: they've stopped that in Durham on the A1(m).

Spending money in the public sector to change the names of organisations, especially when that name change is not really relevant eg Pennine Acute Hospitals trust

As a part time truck driver I have to respond..... If your truck is restricted to 56 mph and the truck in front can only go 53 its intensly annoying to have to try to 'keep pace' and so overtaking is inevitable. Then u can mash your foot to the floor again once your through. I know its a pain i the ass but believe me we have no choice!

Tractors though... Trundling down country lanrs behind one at 15-20mph and they dont have the courtesy to pull in at laybys to relieve congestion before going on their way!!!! How hard can it be!!!!!!

P.S. this is nothing like overtaking in a truck by the way!! :unsure:

1) TV commercials (or is it adverts?) that quote 'If you phone in the next 2 minutes blah blah' are Americans really so dumb? Yes they are

2) People that have mega-trucks so big to compensate for their small penis and then need 4 parking stalls to accomodate them

3) Walmart

4) Yanks

Canada FTW :)

As a part time truck driver I have to respond..... If your truck is restricted to 56 mph and the truck in front can only go 53 its intensly annoying to have to try to 'keep pace' and so overtaking is inevitable. Then u can mash your foot to the floor again once your through. I know its a pain i the ass but believe me we have no choice!

Tractors though... Trundling down country lanrs behind one at 15-20mph and they dont have the courtesy to pull in at laybys to relieve congestion before going on their way!!!! How hard can it be!!!!!!

P.S. this is nothing like overtaking in a truck by the way!! :unsure:

agreed but why are you using the accelerator surely just a press of the cruise control botton will have you back upto speed !

driving wise my pet hate of the moment is the stupid nihabwearing bitch with no periferal vision who then changes lanes without looking causing you to slam on and swereve in your 18 tonne truck and fail your test !

how are they allowed to drive wearing those things its like there wearing blinkers ?

What about when you have every reason to believe that you're going to finish work early, only for knobheads and other low forms of life to keep you at it to the bitter end.

Beyond furious. :ranting:

Ah but the "knobheads" need their tea and biscuits, now there's a good boy.

Another one that does my crust in. It pisses me off to hear Americans pronouncing "butter" as "budder", "hotter" as "hodder", "water" as "wadder" and so on. Do they teach their kids to actually spell words like that with d's instead of t's or are they just too sodding idle to speak properly?

And while we're on the subject of America, why are their baseball finals called the World Series, when only American teams take part? There is a world outside the USA, or haven't they realised that yet?

Edited by Bristolatic

Another one that does my crust in. It pisses me off to hear Americans pronouncing "butter" as "budder", "hotter" as "hodder", "water" as "wadder" and so on. Do they teach their kids to actually spell words like that with d's instead of t's or are they just too sodding idle to speak properly?

And while we're on the subject of America, why are their baseball finals called the World Series, when only American teams take part? There is a world outside the USA, or haven't they realised that yet?

Isn't there a team from Canada?

Isn't there a team from Canada?

Indeed. Also players coming in from central america and Asia. It is a bit arsey though - especially when the USA don't win the actual World championships with other countries.

I missed the top of my list though. Bloody politics. I'm surprised I don't have an ASBO for shouting at Question Time.

I think the World Series is called that because of the original sponsorship being by World news or World burgers or something along those lines.

Edit.... googled it. I really do retain some useless :censored:e in my cranium. It was sponsored by New York World newspaper in the early 1900's. Which is a shame, because i so wanted it to be World Burgers......

Edited by BlueJazzer