The Ashes 2010-11

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's still massively in credit for suckering Punter with his wink.

I will dine on this forever

Still, nothing quite beats the Marsh/Botham sledge

Botham comes to wicket and Marsh says, how's the wife and my kids?

Botham replies...wife's fine, kids are retarded.

Or when Ranatunga arrives at a hot Sydney wicket and asks for a runner.

Healy quips...you dont get a runner for being an overweight, unfit fat c*nt !

I will dine on this forever

Still, nothing quite beats the Marsh/Botham sledge

Botham comes to wicket and Marsh says, how's the wife and my kids?

Botham replies...wife's fine, kids are retarded.

Or when Ranatunga arrives at a hot Sydney wicket and asks for a runner.

Healy quips...you dont get a runner for being an overweight, unfit fat c*nt !

No, No, No, bar far and away the best sledge in cricket is Eddo Brandes, when asked by Glenn McGrath:

"Why are you so fat?"

Eddo replied, "Because everytime I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit."

Genius

No, No, No, bar far and away the best sledge in cricket is Eddo Brandes, when asked by Glenn McGrath:

"Why are you so fat?"

Eddo replied, "Because everytime I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit."

Genius

I humbly stand corrected

The best one I've seen is Freddy and Tino best in a one day game, Tino came out swinging his back all over and Freddy stood in the slips says mind the windows Tino. Next ball middle stump is cartwheeling out of the ground with Freddy having a good chuckle.

"Why are you so fat?"

Genius

Brandes was at it again after some serious grief from Warne back in the day, read it in a paper article ahead of the ashes; discussing the best sledges of all time.......

Brandes is quoted as saying something along the lines of

‘I’d be careful fatty, every day in my country, 100’s of people disappear and are never found again. I know plenty of people who can make that happen. Do you think the world would miss you 1 bit if you were to take a walk you never return from, I’d shut up if I were you’

Warne cacked it and promptly shut up; as it was known that Brandes did indeed ‘know people’

Nothing like a bit of tasty sledging!!

Brandes was at it again after some serious grief from Warne back in the day, read it in a paper article ahead of the ashes; discussing the best sledges of all time.......

Brandes is quoted as saying something along the lines of

‘I’d be careful fatty, every day in my country, 100’s of people disappear and are never found again. I know plenty of people who can make that happen. Do you think the world would miss you 1 bit if you were to take a walk you never return from, I’d shut up if I were you’

Warne cacked it and promptly shut up; as it was known that Brandes did indeed ‘know people’

Nothing like a bit of tasty sledging!!

Lacking a bit of that spontaneous give and take :shock:

Another piece of sledging involving Mcgrath

McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan: "So what does Brian Lara's d*ck taste like?" Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife." McGrath (losing it): "If you ever effing mention my wife again, I'll F*ing rip your F*fing throat out."

P.S. We are in a good position a solid batting performance tonight/today could put us in a commanding position .

208 ahead.

3 wickets left.

Prior could have a slog with the tail and set them 250 to avoid an innings defeat.

They won't achieve that as the ball starts to turn for Swann.

Series in the bag - only the weather can avoid it being a win in this match as well.

Another piece of sledging involving Mcgrath

McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan: "So what does Brian Lara's d*ck taste like?" Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife." McGrath (losing it): "If you ever effing mention my wife again, I'll F*ing rip your F*fing throat out."

P.S. We are in a good position a solid batting performance tonight/today could put us in a commanding position .

Smacks of the old if you can't take it don't give it to me.

England 488-7 at the close 208 ahead, we can't lose the match from here so we will win the series, it would be nice to win this test as well and win the series 3-1 which I think would be a fair reflection of the series.

:England::lanky::redrose:

Smacks of the old if you can't take it don't give it to me.

England 488-7 at the close 208 ahead, we can't lose the match from here so we will win the series, it would be nice to win this test as well and win the series 3-1 which I think would be a fair reflection of the series.

:England::lanky::redrose:

Whilst that is true, however to be far to McGrath I think he had just learned that his wife had cancer and was a bit more sensitive to jibes about his missus than he would have been at another time.

I went to bed last night after Cook's minor scare or blatant aussie cheating, which ever way you look at it and was expecting to wake up to us all out. I had to refresh the page a few times to make sure they had the right score!

Cracking night's work that lads, Cook has well and truly answered any doubters this series, granted the aussies aren't all that but you can only play what you are up against and he has done that sublimely.

Would love another innings defeat! As Boycs always says, you can't tell a good score till both sides have batted, well, in looks like the aussies laboured to a poor score in their first innings now. Well done lads now put another 50-100 on and then skittle the buggers.

Operation payback!

Whilst that is true, however to be far to McGrath I think he had just learned that his wife had cancer and was a bit more sensitive to jibes about his missus than he would have been at another time.

I went to bed last night after Cook's minor scare or blatant aussie cheating, which ever way you look at it and was expecting to wake up to us all out. I had to refresh the page a few times to make sure they had the right score!

Cracking night's work that lads, Cook has well and truly answered any doubters this series, granted the aussies aren't all that but you can only play what you are up against and he has done that sublimely.

Would love another innings defeat! As Boycs always says, you can't tell a good score till both sides have batted, well, in looks like the aussies laboured to a poor score in their first innings now. Well done lads now put another 50-100 on and then skittle the buggers.

Operation payback!

I thought it just smacked of what they are right now; desperate. It’s not as though they don’t have previous with trying to cheat out a batsman; it’s just the Aussie way I guess. But, on a day when the focus was quite rightly on the McGrath foundation & all the good work it’s doing in the fight against cancer; Philip Hughes’s actions were pretty unsavoury all told. Glad that Cook was able to ride it out and kick on to finish up another fantastic knock.

Strauss set the tone with his lively 60 at the top of the innings; but in this series, Cook has simply been imperious, so pleased he’s been able to silence those who doubted he could do it in the big game & when it matters.

Special mention to Bell, who once again showed he should be the #5 batsmen in this current set-up with a super tonne, and to Prior who went at a 1 day pace for his ½ century.

Let Prior & Bressnan smack it around for a hour or so tomorrow, stick them in and look to bounce them out from one end, and spin them out from the other.

3 – 1 would be the true reflection of the series so I hope we can push on and get the victory we deserve.

Cracking effort boys!!!

I suspect Collingwood has played his last test match.

I’d say so too. He’s been a good member of the side for a fair few years now; and has ‘come to the party’ at a few key moments; specifically in the field with some of his game changing catches and run outs......but his form with the bat was always his Achilles heel; he hasn’t / doesn’t score regularly enough to be a test #5.

I’d look to do something like this

Bell at #5

Prior at #6

Then, with some extra hours in the nets and with the coaches; some work with Bressnan & Broad on their batting; looking to get them; in time; to being genuine All-rounders so

Bressnan at #7

Broad at #8 (or visa versa with those 2)

Unless there is a way back in for a Bopara or the like to come into the top order.

But, yeah – thanks very much Brigadier Collingwood, your time is up now unfortunately.

Special mention to Bell, who once again showed he should be the #5 batsmen in this current set-up with a super tonne

Aided by a Phil Hughes-esque bit of cheating. Apparently he nicked it to the Keeper stayed still, was given out, and appealed (despite knowing he was out). Only problem was hot-spot didn't show the nick which the likes of snicko did, so he stayed.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Aided by a Phil Hughes-esque bit of cheating. Apparently he nicked it to the Keeper stayed still, was given out, and appealed (despite knowing he was out). Only problem was hot-spot didn't show the nick which the likes of snicko did, so he stayed.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

I haven't seen the "snicko" on that one.

I was half asleep at the time, but didn't think he'd touched it.

Snicko is by no means conclusive as it reflects bat hitting leg as well as bat hitting ball. It was rejected as a referral tool because it was considered less reliable than hot spot.

Interesting to see the Aussie players applaud Bell for his ton but completely blank Cook's effort.