Medi Abalimba

Just spoken to a current Premiership scout friend of mine who told me Abalimba was the best young prospect he had ever seen when he recommended him from Southend a couple of years ago.

I notice PD is adding pace in abundance to his squad.

Hope he realises that early potential . Things haven't gone well since but fingers crossed he's not going to be like Scott Spencer (now at Lincoln) or even Neil Tolson - the next Sniffer Clarke.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoken to a current Premiership scout friend of mine who told me Abalimba was the best young prospect he had ever seen when he recommended him from Southend a couple of years ago.

I notice PD is adding pace in abundance to his squad.

Todays football is all about pace and power!!!

from a derby fan on 606

Not many will be able to help you much as he was never given a chance.

We have such an embarassment of riches in midfield you see!

Oops my mistake, I meant to say our midfield is an embarrasment...

I've seen him play once, at a pre-season game at Burton last Summer. He played very well as a holding midfielder...tough tackling and kept the ball well. I'm disappointed we've never given him a chance.

Perhaps you can form your own opinion on him and let us know how he's getting on?!

I suspect he's another Rod McDonald sort — cheap as chips, a few months in the reserves and see if he sparks into life.

Think you're right....

Remember Dale Stephens was brought in as 'one for the future'....didnt feature for ages and is now a 1st team regular.......might be a bit of lightning striking twice here with this lad?

How many people are there in here saying his name is hard to pronounce?!

Assuming it's reasonably phonetic then it's just A-ba-lim-ba!

Not exactly complex is it!?

Just wait til Roy tries to say it. It's still Ruber Nasal and Lewis Alexandra, God knows what he'll be like with this one....

Answering myself...well, he's not in the squad for tonight. Having said that he'll only have met the others today for the first time. but I think he'll be a bit part player for a while.

He is short of match practice having not played much this season, when he does become match fit I am told he will be sensational.