Failsworth Stadium Move Blocked

Can't we move to Ashton? Seriously, no professional club in Tameside, lots of development land near the Oldham border/motorway, hopefully a more willing/able council and an OL postcode. Has this possibility ever been explored? Isn't it time to stretch our wings a little?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all of you having a childish bickering match on what could prove to be the most decisive day in the clubs history: Stop it.

If not you'll get 24hr bans, I can't be arsed dealing with your :censored: today. Bigger things are at stake right now than who won a petty argument on a website no one cares about!

:applause1:

Can't we move to Ashton? Seriously, no professional club in Tameside, lots of development land near the Oldham border/motorway, hopefully a more willing/able council and an OL postcode. Has this possibility ever been explored? Isn't it time to stretch our wings a little?

We're Oldham Athletic. Moving to Tameside is worse than moving to Failsworth which is Oldham. Tameside isn't and is still close to Man City.

The stadium must be built in the council boundaries of Oldham. End of.

In a recent goverment survey Oldham council was found to be one of the most weakest and poorest run councils in the country.

This episode just proves that and unless we find the knight in shining armour then i am afraid we are doomed.

Whlist we are doing reasonably well on the playing side now is probably the best time to try and sell the club.

A share with Rochdale feels likely to me going forward... This is just a big mess... Was from the start...

How would people feel about such a thing ?

If there was no other choice at all but moves need to be made to bring the club back to Oldham at the earliest opportunity.

Very true ,

What i worry about most is the council ,

As far as i can see Latics will have to go it alone and find and investor to develop BP.

Rely on the council and we will be playing local league football soon !!!

we may not agree on certain thing,s but on that point I 100% agree.

Interesting point about the outside investor and redeveloping BP. In the cold light of day, and in view of the circumstances, this should be looked at again

I think the initial aim of self supporting Stadium should be sacrosanct, we don't want to go back.

We have to sell BP to fund a new stadium.

I am not sure anyone would "invest" which we all know means writing off the money as there is likely to be no return.

I always work by the axim that rich people become rich by being careful with their money. I donlt think anyone has such emotional fondness for Oldham

We have to look at what could we do on BP grounds to give an income to pay for the rebuild costs and ongoing costs?

Edited by singe

Gutted.

Cant believe ive trawled 7 pages and not one of you has offered the other to a punch up!

You are all as bad as each other, ones a rascist the other is a blinkered idiot (dont know if that was said, i just like the way it sounds!)

Anyway, so we movin to failsworth or not?