i thought we'd turned the corner after Dale Stephens screamer but another soft goal did us

Black (or was it Morais?) just stood there for their third, Hazell at fault for their second (?) and non existent marking for their first

another poor performance but a game we could & should have won if it wasn't for individual errors yet again

time to chuck the kids in in preparation for next season?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the kids!

Get Tarkowski in at the back for Hazell, give Abalimba a chance at Left back , send Tounkara back to the north east, get Brooke up front , send Feeney back to Northern Ireland if theres any pub teams over there that will take him, and lets get the win at Orient I think now theres no pressure on the lads coz we can finally stop kidding ourselves that we have a chance of playoffs, i dont think we are bad enough to go down, there should be no pressure now I expect results to pick up.

sheffield wednesday were crap, we gave them 3 easy goals and however decent we played, you can't defend like that.

we've conceded something like 4 or 5 goals in three games from corners now and it's getting really bad.

that game was there to win and we would have done earlier in the season. we got the luck we needed, and a great goal by stephens but if you give any team 3 goal, you're probably going to lose.

oh and clinton morrison barely touched the ball, but he threw himself about more than taylor does.

Edited by oafc-latics

Get Tarkowski in at the back for Hazell, give Abalimba a chance at Left back , send Tounkara back to the north east, get Brooke up front , send Feeney back to Northern Ireland if theres any pub teams over there that will take him, and lets get the win at Orient I think now theres no pressure on the lads coz we can finally stop kidding ourselves that we have a chance of playoffs, i dont think we are bad enough to go down, there should be no pressure now I expect results to pick up.

Tarkowski for trotman he is not fit or good enough and not ours and if we are getting rid of feeney then take Reid with him that exscuse for an effort in the last minute was gutless and pathetic he is up there with our worst signings in the last ten years.

can't fault the effort - you could see confidence is rock bottom and the illness was apparent in the jaded labouring around the pitch by many.

YET AGAIN we cant defend, not just set pieces, but any cross of note. Hazell yet again proves he is a joke of a defender - captain my arse! Lets the ball bounce time again, tries to play football when he can't do it, despite having time and space to play a simple ball or if needed a longer pass which reaches a team mate, he does neither. Trotman has been woeful the past few games - he looks a stone overweight and half-arsed when chasing back and his general demeanour looks nothing like the trotman we sold - glad he is only on loan.

Thought Lee was very good, jones was ok in patches, the effort was there from him certainly. Stephens' goal was an absilute beauty and thought he again tried to get us going. The rest huffed and puffed, but when the team decides to just pump it long constantly rather than being patient and building bit by bit using the wingers, it is no wonder we don't really look much of a threat up top.

Hard to believe bar furman and evina that that team tore hartlepool a new one only 5 weeks ago...football eh....

Anyway, not angry we are nowhere near the playoffs as although we did well to get there and it is frustrating how we have ebbed away, we come such a long way since last year and with that ethos and a few additions (and obviuos departurea) we can be top 10 next year pushing again.

KTF in PD, he will have learnt a lot from this year, but no matter what he tells the players, if they cannot defend crosses and corners 3 yards from goal with the WHOLE team being back in our box then that proves they simply cannot defend and are not good enough for a top 6 place.

He will get it right and unlike shez learn from where we are going wrong, be it personell or otherwise.

Latics have been sussed out as in the main a bunch of lightweights.

I'm also afraid it's not going to get any better now all opposing teams have rumbled the weakness at set pieces as well as the panicky hoofing of the ball by all the defenders.

I exempt Lee to some extent tonight as he did at least try to get forward, of the rest I thought only Stephens made a lasting contribution.

i thought we'd turned the corner after Dale Stephens screamer but another soft goal did us

Black (or was it Morais?) just stood there for their third, Hazell at fault for their second (?) and non existent marking for their first

another poor performance but a game we could & should have won if it wasn't for individual errors yet again

Agree, the loanees are bringing nothing to party any more. Wednesday were there for the taking, for the third goal, the defenders stood there expecting Amos to come, which he should have done on at least two occasions and according to my Sheff Wed supporting mate, the first was Amos' fault too. Trotman was awful again and White anonymous and Tonk has imploded, not helped by Taylor hiding. The only positives for me were that Jones looked at home in midfield, whilst not putting his foot in he passed well and Stephens had a decent enough game. Morais was a threat of sorts and Black was ok. His customary dropped bollock aside Rubes was ok. Lee was disappointing though.

Amos - Looked Shaky all game at fault for first which went through him apparently and needed top claim the ball for the third. - 5

Lee - Poorest i've seen from Kieran, hoofed it and didn't have any desire to get on the ball like he usually does - 4

Trotman - won a few more headers but awful first touch and his passing is awful, one of the main reasons for our inability to keep hold of the ball with his inane hoofing - 5

Hazell - Apart from a monumental bollock, where he went from goalside with ease to allowing the winger to nip in behind him to cross for the second he did ok - 6

Black - Looked decent going forward in the first-half trying to link with Morais - 6

White - Anonymous - 4

Stephens - Tried to keep us ticking over, wonder strike for 2-2 and a similar effort was going in but blocked - 7 MOM

Jones - Looked comfortable in centre-mid, never going to be one to put his foot in but at least tried to keep the ball and pass - 6

Morais - Our one outlet, but should release the ball quicker, doesn't always need to come inside. Got just the break we needed for the first with the generous deflection of a Wednesday defender's arse, as it was going well wide imo - 6

Tonk - Simply awful, body language is that of a lad very low on confidence and does not look like having a shot, never mind scoring - 3

Taylor - More interested in embarrassing himself by throwing himself around. The hoof balls don't help but he cut a forlorn disinterested figure tonight - 4

Our biggest two problems are Tonk and Trotman, both are terrible with the ball at their feet and are not dominating in the air like two lads of their size should be, despite this we're still lumping high balls up to Tonk and Taylor - with Trotman the main instigator. We're now only 11 points clear of 21st and we need points and fast. The loanees' ship has sailed imo and time to give players like Brooke, Tarkowski and Winchester a go, whilst restoring Lewi and Jones back to the wide berths (a move I have been advocating since Southampton battered us). When we get the ball down and pass, we look decent, but the two goals tonight papered over the cracks. Weaver was not extended once and for such a lardarse to have a relatively easy night is criminal, particularly when they were slow and cumbersome at the back. We did not create one chance in the box all night (well maybe Tonk's pisspoor header, and Lee's woeful slice apart) and we're a team of shrinking violets who are scared of getting in where it hurts (In both boxes) Thus our lack of goals recently and our poor success rate with set-pieces.

Dickov really has a conundrum, because the longer we go without a win, the closer to the bottom four we will slip and make no bones about it with the next three against contenders, we are in trouble. Hopefully Furman coming back in will help, but I thought the one positive tonight was the midfield. We've said it all season, but never more so do we need that goalscorer now...

Edited by oafcprozac

Latics have been sussed out as in the main a bunch of lightweights.

I'm also afraid it's not going to get any better now all opposing teams have rumbled the weakness at set pieces as well as the panicky hoofing of the ball by all the defenders.

I exempt Lee to some extent tonight as he did at least try to get forward, of the rest I thought only Stephens made a lasting contribution.

Strange how we see things differently. Lee was the poorest I've seen him tonight…

Agree totally about being found out - I said that after the Huddersfield game, we've been sussed. Get in our faces and we retreat, team of tarts that are superb IF they're allowed the space Hartlepool gave us, but when the going gets tough, 6 or 7 hide and go through the motions…why the hell did he bin Gregan, that decision gets worse with every goal we concede from a set-piece (7 goals in the last 13 have been set-pieces), Gregan whilst not a season starter would surely have helped to steady the ship?

That's EIGHT games without a win and we've only scored 3 goals conceding 14, Dickov has been cut some slack due to a decent start to his managerial career and I do think he's the best thing to happen to this club in a long-time BUT if this run had been under, Penney, Moore, Talbot, Sharp, Shez or even Ritchie the knives would be out - time for Mr. Dickov to prove he can turn things around. A good start is one thing but good manager's are able to stem the tide. Is Dickov good enough to do this? I hope so………..

Edited by oafcprozac

why the hell did he bun Gregan, that decision gets worse with every goal we concede from a set-piece (7 goals in the last 13 have been set-pieces), Gregan whilst not a season starter would surely have helped to steady the ship?

Or more that we have struggled since Big John has been out?

Strange how we see things differently. Lee was the poorest I've seen him tonight…

Agree totally about being found out - I said that after the Huddersfield game, we've been sussed. Get in our faces and we retreat, team of tarts that are superb IF they're allowed the space Hartlepool gave us, but when the going gets tough, 6 or 7 hide and go through the motions…why the hell did he bin Gregan, that decision gets worse with every goal we concede from a set-piece (7 goals in the last 13 have been set-pieces), Gregan whilst not a season starter would surely have helped to steady the ship?

That's EIGHT games without a win and we've only scored 3 goals conceding 14, Dickov has been cut some slack due to a decent start to his managerial career and I do think he's the best thing to happen to this club in a long-time BUT if this run had been under, Penney, Moore, Talbot, Sharp, Shez or even Ritchie the knives would be out - time for Mr. Dickov to prove he can turn things around. A good start is one thing but good manager's are able to stem the tide. Is Dickov good enough to do this? I hope so………..

It is strange with Lee tonight my mate thought he was crap, i thought he was okay and my dad thought he had a great game! football opinions eh? :lol:

Edited by Oafc88

Amos - Another soft goal

Lee - Teale tore him a new ass 1st 25mins, but he recovered well and a good 2nd half

Black - Ok

Hazell - Deary me

Trotman - Deary me - looks knackered after 20 mins, producing more sweat than a cornered virgin.

White - Just doesn't do enough

Morais - same - missing again 2nd half

Stephens - MOM picked his passes, good goal, tried to keep the ball moving

Jones - OK

Taylor - Ran his knackers off for so many lost causes down blind alleys (or a big daft centre half) - is this really his best attribute???

Tounks - for goodness sake - rest the lad.

NOT 1 NATURAL LEADER (never mind 2 or 3!)

We have an assistant mgr whom was respected as a no nonsense defender - yet our defence look anything but no nonsense at the moment. Too many crosses hitting a box where the centre halfs are unable to deal with them - a worry!

We have a manager whom was a respected dangerous centre forward - yet our centre forwards look anything but dangerous - another worry!

Saying all of that, they have already exceeded expectation this season and I hope they haven't run out of steam and ideas just yet.

what a load of wa*k it was tonight, same old sh*t the lads i was with tonight wanted to go when the secound goal went in wtf only 15mins gone i manage to keep them there to half time,but even i fu*k off with 15mins to go,not a shot on goal the 2nd half,season finished for me folks,just pray we avoid relegation....................

Edited by oafc21

It is strange with Lee tonight my mate thought he was crap, i thought he was okay and my dad thought he had a great game! football opinions eh? :lol:

I thought he was possibly our best player. Like you say, opinions, eh? Without them we'd have to log off here and actually work when we're at the office.

I really thought it'd be the turning point when Stephens equalised just before HT, but it wasn't to be. I don't know what Preston did to Trotman but someone his age should not be that slow. The sooner we get Mvoto back the better.

On the plus side, after a season of Penney's human statue routine, it was great being able to hear Dickov screaming "ARE YOU WATCHING THE :censored:ING GAME?" at the back of the Chaddy. As bad as our form is at the minute, at least we've got a manager who actually gives a :censored: about it. Just wish he'd dust his boots off.

To blame Black is a bit unfair look at the goal look at the size of Black compared to the goal scorer. Amos should of done better his weakness seems to be set pieces some we have struggled from all season. He has a great reaction to one on ones and quick shots. Hazell should of helped Black out that little bit more for the third goal.

To blame Black is a bit unfair look at the goal look at the size of Black compared to the goal scorer. Amos should of done better his weakness seems to be set pieces some we have struggled from all season. He has a great reaction to one on ones and quick shots. Hazell should of helped Black out that little bit more for the third goal.

Like many goalkeepers these days Amos seems reluctant to take command of the penalty area at set pieces, it may be do with the coaching trend of defenders watching the man rather than attacking the ball.

I observed on corners Sheffield had 2 players stood in the back of the net and they rushed out just before they kick was taken, Latics simply hadn't a clue how to cope with it, simple but very effective, I hope the Latics coaching staff learned from it.

The pulling back of everyone at set plays now looks like sheer pigheadedness on the part of the coaching team, its not working and they should admit it.

Left back is a big problem, the best one departed from the club hardly given chance in the first team by the manager and the same looks as if it could happen with a young midfielder he signed, who has been described as sensational by one fan who has seen him play (not me incidentally) and as working his socks off by the reserve team manager. It makes you wonder whats happening at the club when some players don't get a look in while others continue to be selected no matter how poor they play or bad attitude they show.

Am I disillusioned by whats going on - you bet I am.

Edited by BP1960

Not sure about Hazell for the second though Id need to see it again. I think it was their second where Amos seemed to stand for an eternity waiting for their player to latch onto the ball when it looked (admittedly from the Chaddy) that he could have easily come and dealt with it.

There was also another occassion after their third when the ball fizzed at head height right across the box, probably 3 or 4 yards out from our left (their right wing) and he just stood and watched it. His kicking is also very poor.

The third was VERY soft though, with Latics spurning 2 or 3 opportunities to clear the threat before it looped in.

A couple of things stood out for me again last night - why do we persist in dragging everyone back at corners. It's clearly not working. Lets try something else. And, why do we persist in having Amos lump the ball forward to Tounkara when he clearly doesn't win headers? Ever.