Evolution - 27.04.2011

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notts County

'A decision has been made on the club's new logo, following detailed feedback from supporters and several design stages.

Eight crests were shown to fans in issue 22 of The Mag and on the club's Official Website.

This led to hundreds of forms being returned with comments on how they felt the badge should look.'

'The final design is intended to incorporate Notts County's history, as well as present a modern feel that can represent the club into the future.

On confirming the new design, Notts County chairman Ray Trew said: "After consultation with the fans and having contemplated numerous submissions, it was decided that this design represented a good blend of elements from previous badges to symbolise the club's illustrious past, whilst also signifying a more contemporary style.'

So long as next year's loan signing centre forward flop kisses it when he scuffs his one and only goal in, it will have served it's purpose for me. I really really couldn't give a monkeys. Does anyone actually go around laughing at the designs of other clubs (obviously Huddy were a special case).

So long as next year's loan signing centre forward flop kisses it when he scuffs his one and only goal in, it will have served it's purpose for me. I really really couldn't give a monkeys. Does anyone actually go around laughing at the designs of other clubs (obviously Huddy were a special case).

Nope but for some people its a big thing :shock:

Notts County

'A decision has been made on the club's new logo, following detailed feedback from supporters and several design stages.

Eight crests were shown to fans in issue 22 of The Mag and on the club's Official Website.

This led to hundreds of forms being returned with comments on how they felt the badge should look.'

'The final design is intended to incorporate Notts County's history, as well as present a modern feel that can represent the club into the future.

On confirming the new design, Notts County chairman Ray Trew said: "After consultation with the fans and having contemplated numerous submissions, it was decided that this design represented a good blend of elements from previous badges to symbolise the club's illustrious past, whilst also signifying a more contemporary style.'

Would have been nice to have had something like this, and if fans had chosen that badge, I would have been silent.

Changing something that didn't need changing is crazy. I agree the old badge was hardly design beauty, but why change it for something that quite frankly, looks like free work.

On a side note, I love the black kit. Everything except one thing that looks like it was stapled on....... can you guess what it is?

Would have been nice to have had something like this, and if fans had chosen that badge, I would have been silent.

Changing something that didn't need changing is crazy. I agree the old badge was hardly design beauty, but why change it for something that quite frankly, looks like free work.

On a side note, I love the black kit. Everything except one thing that looks like it was stapled on....... can you guess what it is?

dont know because the carbrini and new badge is embroidered into the shirt.

Edited by LaticsLee

Club Badge Designed for Free

Another negative comment quashed. It's not cost the club anything. Well done to Ric for doing that.

I'm pleased that the club have not forked out unecessary money on a 'new badge', that was my main concern If this is portrayed as a negative comment on the 'evolution', then so be it.

I still maintain however, that there are bigger priorities to spend marketing the clubs energies and time on, but if this is the start of more to come, then so be it - if it is a 'panic scheme' to hopefully attract some of the punters the club has lost in recent years,then I will be very surprised to see many return on the back of a new badge and black kit - regardless how exciting the 'countdown clock' seemed to some.

Heh. Are you moaning about people moaning about people loaning? The thread could implode at this rate...

Personally I do think the loan system needs looking at as far too many players are out on loan at the moment. But I don't see what thats got to do with our evil owl. :wink:

Surely the problem here is the raised expectations by publicising the unveiling as an 'evolution'. As has been mentioned earlier, a new badge is hardly an evolution in the context that the fans were 'hyped' into believing.

I can only assume it's a genuine effort on the club's part to show committment to the club's future but as is the usual case with the Latics, the delivery didn't match the expectation.

IMO it would have been better to delay the new kit/badge until a firm decision had been taken on the ground move/development and use that opportunity to announce the 'new beginning' and ideally, with a kit and/or badge design that was submitted locally (Oldham 6th form college students perhaps) with a fans ballot to select from the submitted designs. It's quite apparant that the absence of a good experienced Marketing Manager is limiting their potential to excite and promote

love the badge. love change. things get stale. too many people stuck in a time warp. we really do have more than our fair share of miserable, negative, backward thinking, moaning old farts. get a dog and take your frustrations out on that rather than keep picking at everything people are doing to take us in a new direction. 'I'll never buy this, I'll never do that, I'll never go there...' Give it a rest.

the owl looks well 'ard. slightly demonic eyes with a look to kill - brilliant!

love a new stadium in a new area. time to freshen everything up - all very stale. we need a revolution!

Oldham - putting the greater into Manchester! :grin:

I don't care what your comment is, it could of been the best comment in the f*cking World, but just for putting that at the end, which caught my Eye I have unliked it.

I don't care what your comment is, it could of been the best comment in the f*cking World, but just for putting that at the end, which caught my Eye I have unliked it.

oh dear, spit out that dummy. i don't like small minded arse holes banging on about the badge, the post code or a pile of other trival crap, but there you are.

Oldham making MANCHESTER greater

Oldham, the best part of GREATER MANCHESTER since 1974.

Oldham, part of a rather large connrbation (look it up dick head) for over a century.

Rather part of Oldham and Tameside Athletic than part of a dead club.

Edited by Lookers_Carl
refrain from personal insults pls