Evolution - 27.04.2011

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, my verdict :

Prefer the 'old' badge. Nowt wrong wi' it. In fact, it was/is the best football badge in the whole wide world. But the new one is alreet. Bit American/Ice Hockey, but pretty unique for and English football club.

The new away kit - what do the young uns say these days ? Erm,- 'sick as :censored:' (like it a lot).

On the subject of rebranding - I've seen many of my competitors use it and reap the benefits. But often just short-term. Done well, it can really breathe new life into your service/product. It can project ambition and progression. But as pwdf or whatever he's called intimates - a new badge and a new kit are nowhere enough ; we need it bringing through into everything we do

Just have done with it and call me a :censored: again. Hurry up - I'm off to feather soon.

It's usually about as much as you have to say.

about this marketing i'm surrounded and manipulated by........................??

Edited by HarryBosch

The man is saying that you are surrounded by branding and marketing all day, every day - and it affects your decisions. You cannot understand that, it seems.

Don't expect an oldham fan to look around themselves and notice branding and marketing!!

Sorry if it's been asked before but I can't be bothered filtering through 23 pages of opinion - why wasn't there some kind of vote? We've had votes for kits in the past which, in my opinion, are far less significant. Genuinely upset with the powers that be. I'da created 10-15 samples on photoshop FOR FREE. Each one would've been far better than this lazy, tacky effort. 'Oh, but the two, yes two shades of blue on the crest represent the hills of Oldham!' - give me a break.

i'm starting to feel like i'm missing out now :unsure:

would you be kind enough to give me an example of what i'm missing?? these other two won't for some reason

When Marketing and branding really is working on you is when you don't really notice it. If you notice enough to point it out then usually its not really doing its job.

Coca Cola bottles shaped like a ladies figure is one example. But hey, maybe you are the first person in history not to be effected by such things :)

Edited by oafc0000

Sorry if it's been asked before but I can't be bothered filtering through 23 pages of opinion - why wasn't there some kind of vote? We've had votes for kits in the past which, in my opinion, are far less significant. Genuinely upset with the powers that be. I'da created 10-15 samples on photoshop FOR FREE. Each one would've been far better than this lazy, tacky effort. 'Oh, but the two, yes two shades of blue on the crest represent the hills of Oldham!' - give me a break.

Why not send your ideas to Alan/Simon and volunteer your services for the next stages... taking the branding forward for example? You make the design process sound so simple, especially when the word FREE i used.

i'm starting to feel like i'm missing out now :unsure:

would you be kind enough to give me an example of what i'm missing?? these other two won't for some reason

any advertisement is a form of marketing.. we're discussing a 'branding' right now in the new badge and how everything needs to be taken forward with it so its a complete brand of the football club and not an isolated one.. a bigger example could be Apple with all the products they have.. the brand is Apple and with the logo its instantly regconisable as a trusted brand..

We're surrounded by branding and marketing most of time wherever you are.. apart from Latics :wink:

so they've dropped a bollock with this new badge by not sneaking it onto the shirt?

:lol:

No... but there should be elements to the new brand that draw you in which you wouldn't necessarily notice. I think they dropped a bollock with this because it just looks :censored: :P