Robbie Simpson

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how to judge a new player on half a game when most of those on the pitch for both sides were rubbish.

My main thoughts were:

1) Didn't have the pace to get past his man.

2) Looked okay on the ball.

3) Found loads of space when Cisak had the ball, before Cisak's usual hoof up the middle of the park to their centre halfs.

4) Took a free kick that nearly won the game (I think it was him).

Not ready to condemn him to "yet another crap loanee at Latics" status yet.

Simpson put a couple of quality crosses in yesterday! Most on here (me included) thought it was something we were crap at! We now have two strikers in kuqi and smith who can score with their head! I thought he did ok to say he'd not trained with the team and if he works with the strikers in training then he'll get a few assists while he's here if nothing else!

Simpson put a couple of quality crosses in yesterday! Most on here (me included) thought it was something we were crap at! We now have two strikers in kuqi and smith who can score with their head! I thought he did ok to say he'd not trained with the team and if he works with the strikers in training then he'll get a few assists while he's here if nothing else!

Sound post - give the guy a chance - two games in the next 5 days - let's see how he plays if selected.

He's here until December 10 (Sheff Wed at home) so plenty of time to get match fit :o

From a Brentford season ticket holder:

"Not going to set the world alight and very injury prone. Looked OK at the beginning of last season but after the injuries it was clear he was not the answer and also not very quick which at our level speed seems to be the thing that delivers.

Was not at all sorry to see him go"

From a Brentford season ticket holder:

"Not going to set the world alight and very injury prone. Looked OK at the beginning of last season but after the injuries it was clear he was not the answer and also not very quick which at our level speed seems to be the thing that delivers.

Was not at all sorry to see him go"

Willing to give him a chance but it worries me that Dickov has been after him for so long.

Why not take a punt on the next Danny Welbeck from a Prem team, instead of Huddersfield cast offs

Willing to give him a chance but it worries me that Dickov has been after him for so long.

Why not take a punt on the next Danny Welbeck from a Prem team, instead of Huddersfield cast offs

Because it's really not a simple as that is it Razz; surely you understand that?

If a prem team has a 'hot talent' in their youth or reserves; one who they rate highly; they invariably look to loan out to the championship don't they? And if, on the odd occasion they send them to league 1; it's once again invariably to a 'big' side; a fallen giant (Notts Forest, Leicester, Sheff Weds & United, Leeds, Norwich, Charlton, Preston et all) or a side with the outlook & potential to be a Champ side (Brighton, Hudds et all)

When you're up against all that, it's nigh on impossible for a club like us to sign a 'Danny Welbeck' type isn't it?

PD has done pretty well in his dips into the loan market; bar the blips for Mantom, Lund (& arguably Lowe)……..but as for us getting a 'Welbeck' - pipe dream.

Simpson & Clarke will do for me; whether they be Hudds cast-offs or not; and it appears PD agrees too.

Because it's really not a simple as that is it Razz; surely you understand that?

If a prem team has a 'hot talent' in their youth or reserves; one who they rate highly; they invariably look to loan out to the championship don't they? And if, on the odd occasion they send them to league 1; it's once again invariably to a 'big' side; a fallen giant (Notts Forest, Leicester, Sheff Weds & United, Leeds, Norwich, Charlton, Preston et all) or a side with the outlook & potential to be a Champ side (Brighton, Hudds et all)

When you're up against all that, it's nigh on impossible for a club like us to sign a 'Danny Welbeck' type isn't it?

PD has done pretty well in his dips into the loan market; bar the blips for Mantom, Lund (& arguably Lowe)……..but as for us getting a 'Welbeck' - pipe dream.

Simpson & Clarke will do for me; whether they be Hudds cast-offs or not; and it appears PD agrees too.

Fair enough , but for me that Ball who has gone to Rochdale is going to be a great player in the future and I thought he'd end up somewhere better than Rochdale , suppose its the Steve Eyre effect.

Also in the past we've had loan players like Grant , Bruce, Croft and Killkenny who were great players for us and have gone to on to play at a higher level. The loans these days have been average . Im not having a go at Dickov because I suspect he's tried to get these type of players in but I suppose as you say the football worlds changing and hot prem prospects dont want to drop down this far

Edited by razza699

Fair enough , but for me that Ball who has gone to Rochdale is going to be a great player in the future and I thought he'd end up somewhere better than Rochdale , suppose its the Steve Eyre effect.

Also in the past we've had loan players like Grant , Bruce, Croft and Killkenny who were great players for us and have gone to on to play at a higher level. The loans these days have been average . Im not having a go at Dickov because I suspect he's tried to get these type of players in but I suppose as you say the football worlds changing and hot prem prospects dont want to drop down this far

I think wage contributions might have a bit to add to it

I think wage contributions might have a bit to add to it

yep,

Another i can never get my head around is why multi billion pound clubs like Chelsea, City , United want the wages of their youth player paid for . Surely its peanuts to them and they'd rather the player went out and got made into a better player than care who's paying their wages