taylor on the move

Non starter for me, it happens every window and will no doubt happen again this time. The lad has always said he wants to play at a higher level, and seeing as the last club to make an offer were Scunthrope I doubt another side that far above us would, I fully expect a new deal in January to be signed because and wouldn't be surprised if we still have him until way into his thrities.

Non starter for me, it happens every window and will no doubt happen again this time. The lad has always said he wants to play at a higher level, and seeing as the last club to make an offer were Scunthrope I doubt another side that far above us would, I fully expect a new deal in January to be signed because and wouldn't be surprised if we still have him until way into his thrities.

His dad was telling anyone who would listen at Fleetwood that he would be looking at a move in January and certainly at the end of the season.

I heard a rumour in the past that Taylor failed a medical at Leeds- so he was almost out the door then. He's a decent player and should be playing at a higher level than mid-table league 1 but given our decent current form we will hopefully not be mid-table for long. In all fairness to him a move with a fee might be the best move for both parties as we have decent replacements in our current squad and any fee will allow us to either strengthen the team/squad or go towards paying off debt.

Pure guesswork on my part.

When he signed his 3 year deal, the football club was paying decent money to players. I'd guess (and it is no more than that) from £700 a week to more than double that.

I'd also guess that most of our new signings are back nearer the £700 a week mark. Or lower.

So if we offer him a contract, and I hope we do, how much should we pay him? Less than he's on now? The same? More? Signing on fee too?

It's a toughie for the club and it's a toughie for the player.

If he has finally decided that it's time to move on, and with only 7 or 8 years of earning power left in him as a footballer I think we could all understand that, I could see the club grabbing a fee in January. £250k?

It would be a real kick in the teeth if he walked away for nothing, given we've turned down bids when he was at the top of his game with us.

That said, the club probably would have been crucified had we sold him.

Suppose that's the risk we took when we turned down the bids.....

If he was gonna sign a new deal, I reckon he would have by now tbh, think the same might go for Furman. Think Taylor wants to go in Jan then let him, doubt we'll get anymore than the 250k Scunny bidded, but if that money is used to get in Simpson and maybe even offer Furman better terms to sign, then it's happy days all around. I think Taylor's gone as far as he can with us, he wants to play higher and I think there's 3 or 4 more important players than him in our team right now. Like I said, if we can get Simpson in by offloading Taylor, it's by no means a bad move.

Edited by PlayItLivo

If we have an outside chance of the playoffs by the end of January then I think he'll see his contract out, if chances are less than that then he'll push for a move. If he gave his all for one last promotion push (unlikely I know) then I'd be happy enough to see him go for free at the end of the season.

if we let his contract run down and he goes for free when we had the chance to sell early then once again the club has screwed up

if an offer comes in Jan and he wants to go, sell him its best for all concerned and good luck Chris

if he was the one to turn down moves away when fees where offered previously and then goes on a free at the end the season then screw him

personally I hope he signs a new contract stays here for a number of years and helps us get out of this effin league

he's an oldham fan and a talented player, league 1 to mid-lower championship level.

he has his faults but one thing he always does is put in a shift and plays for the badge (i have read people disagreeing over the last few weeks which imo is bull :censored:)

he isnt going to be the best player every game but he is one of the most dangerous to the oppo and they know it, the amount of times they double up on him backs that up.

Sort out a deal Mr Corney because i believe for alot of Oldham fans it will be another case of you dont know what you have got until its gone to Barnsley or Leeds :disappointed:

Get rid of Taylor and spend the money on Simpson?

Really?

Hardly see teams banging down the door to sign Simpson.

Let's not let one good game get to our heads.

Keep Taylor. Definitely keep Taylor. Top scorer last year. Doing all the things he did wrong in the past few seasons right this year (tracking back, closing down). Always takes two defenders to mark him.

Doesn't see as much of the ball as he used to but in Morais and Scapuzzi we finally have someone to pass to on the other wing.

Really?

Keep Taylor. Definitely keep Taylor. Top scorer last year. Doing all the things he did wrong in the past few seasons right this year (tracking back, closing down). Always takes two defenders to mark him.

Doesn't see as much of the ball as he used to but in Morais and Scapuzzi we finally have someone to pass to on the other wing.

One good game? :unsure:

Highest earner at the club, think any new contract offer from us would be on reduced terms so wouldn't surprise me to see him away in January - hope he does stay until the end of this season though.

Is this just supposition or is there evidence to back it up?

Really?

It wont be quite as simple as Taylor for Simpson the chances are that if Taylor goes we will be able to either bring someonelse in or extend the deals of the likes of Furman or K Lee aswell as get Simo.

I think it maybe the time for Taylor to move on if he doesn't move on soon he may miss the boat entirely and never develop into the player that he can be.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Really?

One good game? Really?

His dad was telling anyone who would listen at Fleetwood that he would be looking at a move in January and certainly at the end of the season.

I wouldn't take any notice of his dad, he is a prick of the highest order. His sister was saying away at Tranmere that her and Chris have nowt to do with their pisscan father! He is a total degenerate prick!