Cup Fever - Latics Get Liverpool

120 members have voted

1. 1. PRE-CUP DRAW: If you could only win one of the two cup games, which would you pick?

• Southend (FA Cup)
    • Bradford (JPT)
  2. 2. POST-CUP DRAW

• Bradford (JPT)
    • Southend (FA Cup replay)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets are usually £40-odd at Anfield, lets say they cut the price (they might not) to £30, 42,000 sell-out... Both teams get 45% of the gate...

Oldham vs Southend is worth HALF A MILLION to the winners, minimum.

No pressure fellas! :D

I know it sounds daft but imagine coming away from anfield with a draw... selling out BP (or Eastlands :)) .... imagine the positive effect not only on the club but the town. If eveer an emphatic victory was due ... its due against Southend. Sorry my imagination runs riot sometimes ... we beat pool 1-0 and draw the winners of the Mcr derby in the 4th round by the way

Tickets are usually £40-odd at Anfield, lets say they cut the price (they might not) to £30, 42,000 sell-out... Both teams get 45% of the gate...

Oldham vs Southend is worth HALF A MILLION to the winners, minimum.

No pressure fellas! :D

They slashed the prices when they played Northampton at home that time and had some tickets at just £5!!!

Im just hoping we can get a decent home crowd for the replay instead of the 2500 we would have got with a crap draw.

Well I wouldn't usually do cup games on a week night as it can feel like a pain and involve spending money I don't have but I will be making the extra effort to get to this one I hope alot of others feel the same a decent crowd, cup football, and a boundary park monsoon it will be just like the good old days.

They slashed the prices when they played Northampton at home that time and had some tickets at just £5!!!

A few fans on their forum reckon it will be same again!

Also noted one of them sayin they hope we win the replay cos "smashing the mancs at anfield is always a great feeling".....

Live with 2 scousers. Cracking draw!

Married to one scouser. Who is a Liverpool fan. Who has a lot of friends and family who are Liverpool fans....

....and I live in Liverpool.

Please don't c*ck this up, Latics...

Is there rules on how much allocation a home team has to give to an away team? Read somewhere it's 15% of the ground? Might be a load of rubbish though.

Yeah think its 15% but i read somewhere the away club have to pay upfront so sometimes clubs dont take the risk of the maximum allocation!

We get 45% of the gate (after expenses, officials, stewards etc etc)

so what might that be?...40,000 x £25 x 45% = £450,000???

+ we get £27,000 if we beat Southend

+ we'll perhaps(?) get around £250,000 if we get to the JPS final!!

Mr Corney must a very nervous chap right now!!

Either would be terrific . For younger fans like my daughter this season now has the potential to be best in almost 20 years.

For me as someone who went the League Cup Final , to see Oldham in a final at the new Wembley would be preferable.

Mind when we played Liverpool at Anfield in our first game in the top flight (Div 1 as it was called) , Anfield for me was and is the best stadium I have visited , atmosphere ,viewing , pitch etc.

We get 45% of the gate (after expenses, officials, stewards etc etc)

so what might that be?...40,000 x £25 x 45% = £450,000???

+ we get £27,000 if we beat Southend

+ we'll perhaps(?) get around £250,000 if we get to the JPS final!!

Mr Corney must a very nervous chap right now!!

I'd say he would be very excited 2 reasonable possibilities of potentially making large amounts of unbudgeted income.

Yeah think its 15% but i read somewhere the away club have to pay upfront so sometimes clubs dont take the risk of the maximum allocation!

That depends on the policy of the host club. Big premier league teams like Arsenal usually insist pre-payment to protect their bottom line (they can usually sell out the ground for normal league games) so can't afford to give out, say, 7000 tickets to away club and 3000 returned days before the tie, when It's too late to sell to their own fans and re-arrange segregation.

Edited by Fyldelatic