I feel a bit sorry for the guy. Yes, you shouldn't change a winning (or unbeaten) side but to remain on the bench following Josh Parker's absence must've been a kick in the gangooleys. Our most skilful player by a country mile and tonnes better than Adeyemi in my opinion.

Does he match his skill with effort on the training ground would be my question?

Adeyemis a totally different player to Morais also.

I was hoping he was going to make a big impact this season but it's not happened. That Huddersfield game last season when he tore them apart seems like a long time ago. But we've seen already this season that with injuries and suspensions that players need to come in and take their chance, which most have done, and would you drop Parker after the other night? I wouldn't. Morais is just going to have to knuckle down and prove his worth when his chance comes, like we've seen with Black, Clarke, Adeyemi etc recently.

Posted on this before, there's been zero end product from Morais in any of his performances to warrant a run in the side

His final ball - be it a pass, cross or shot has been shocking, his decision making has been dire and TBH, he just looks poor whenever ive seen him play this term.

Its all well & good being the self penned Mr Skill - flip-flaps and drag backs dont really get you anywhere if you dont back them up with an end product and work rate. Oh - and starting on one of your teammates mid game doesnt really help either......

I'm confused with Morais this season. We all knew he was going to be a bit of a maverick, a luxury player perhaps but last season he looked like creating things. He always tried to get his foot on the ball and drive forward being a constant threat to the opposition. All he had to do was to continue like that and he would hyave been a guarenteed starter every game. This season he has flattered to deceive. unable to find a blue shirt, poor attitude on the field and total lack of any product. I was genuine entertained when watching him last season so where has it all gone wrong? On form he can be excellent but that just hasn't materialised. At the moment he is a liability with zero ball retention. As mentioned pre Bradford game, a half fit parker would currently be a better option that a fully fit morais and this was proven on Tuesday. Parker to start tomorrow for me as despite such a long time out it really didn't show. When given his next chance morais needs to keep it simple and retain possesion. he is clearly the most talented player at this club but currently the most frustrating. unfortunately the key to success at the moment is roughyl 10% ability and 90% application, for Filipe this seems to be the reverse

The thing with Morais (how DO you pronounce his bloody name?) is that he has you on the edge of your seat because you know he can be mesmerising and will give defenders twisted blood when on form. At his best, you'd hate to be marking him. On current form, you wouldn't worry too much.

There is no doubt that he is a very talented footballer, but how can one so brilliant last season be the exact opposite this? If we can see it, then PD certainly can and he has to find a way of getting Flip-Flap-Fil back to his best. If and when he does, we've got a real danger man on our books. Until that happens, Parker all day long for me now he's fit again.

At the end of the day, Dickov sees Morais in training every single day as well as matchdays.

Most fans will only see him once every other week when the club plays at home, and thats assuming he is playing.

Yes Dickov has made mistakes in the past with team selection, and will do in the future, but has he really done anything so drastically wrong that people are questioning his judgement re dropping Morais?

I think his form compared to last season as dropped, however, we also have better standard of players across the board that also makes him stand out less. For me je currently occupies that correct position....bench. The fact Parker comes back from a long lay off and skips ahead of Morias should have alarm bells ringing loud and clear in his head. Lets see how he responds now.

The thing with Morais (how DO you pronounce his bloody name?) is that he has you on the edge of your seat because you know he can be mesmerising and will give defenders twisted blood when on form. At his best, you'd hate to be marking him. On current form, you wouldn't worry too much.

There is no doubt that he is a very talented footballer, but how can one so brilliant last season be the exact opposite this? If we can see it, then PD certainly can and he has to find a way of getting Flip-Flap-Fil back to his best. If and when he does, we've got a real danger man on our books. Until that happens, Parker all day long for me now he's fit again.

Here is your answer;

Morais pronunciation

Sounds like 'More ice' to me.

Edited by BP1960

I feel a bit sorry for the guy. Yes, you shouldn't change a winning (or unbeaten) side but to remain on the bench following Josh Parker's absence must've been a kick in the gangooleys. Our most skilful player by a country mile and tonnes better than Adeyemi in my opinion.

I can't think of many disappointments from this season but Filipe has certainly been one of them. He played well against MK but even then the lack of end product was as obvious as it's been throughout the season. Despite having worse technique, Simpson gives the team what it needs in the forward areas and does his part to keep the team shape when on the right, so Morais simply isn't needed.

You can't compare Adeyemi and Morais in terms of position but you can in terms of attitude, end product and role in the team. Adeyemi is streets ahead of Morais at the moment. In fact from the few times I've seen Adeyemi this season I don't get the criticism that he gets. Granted he's shouldn't be picked ahead of Wes and Furman but he does a solid job when he's played and chips in with a few goals too.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

From seeing Morais I just get the impression he needs to go back to basics keep it simple rather than play the hollywood ball or take the 35 yard strike when the simple 5 yard pass would be more effective. Wether that be on the right wing, left wing or behind a striker is neither here nor there if he's on top of his game we will find a position for him. Its upto him to pull his finger out.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Put in a great ball in the second half today but then proceeded to do lots of silly things, couldn't keep hold of the ball. Looking for an impact late on in the game with tired players around him and he didn't contribute much to the cause.