Simpson back already!

Been given permission by Hudds to train with us until January, what great great news this is. Surely a deal to be done on Jan 1st?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2545228,00.html

You'd think so wouldn't you? If Hudds would pay him up, then he'd be a free agent and we could offer him a deal. Perhaps Hudds have done just that, but our end hinges on tomorrow night? Here's hoping anyway, the lad has been a revelation and everything that Taylor and Morais should have been in delivering an end product.

Well, he, er, er, has been gash hasn't he? No first touch, one paced, can't pick a pass and his final ball has been atrocious. I can see why a club like Huddersfield that is clearly going places has no time for a player like Simpson, it would be a step back for them to have him in or around their first team squad.

If I was them I would be looking to move him on to a smaller club that would take him off their hands, yes, that is what I would do.

Well, he, er, er, has been gash hasn't he? No first touch, one paced, can't pick a pass and his final ball has been atrocious. I can see why a club like Huddersfield that is clearly going places has no time for a player like Simpson, it would be a step back for them to have him in or around their first team squad.

If I was them I would be looking to move him on to a smaller club that would take him off their hands, yes, that is what I would do.

Aha! I see what you are doing here...totally agree Huddersfield should offload for no fee as soon as :wink:

This is good news, because Dickov said Simpson has been a good influence in the dressing room, so it will help to keep that great spirit going.

It's interesting that Dickov reckons he's been a good influence in the dressing room, as Lee Clark clearly doesn't want him anywhere near theirs!

I'd have thought after his excellent reviews and performance stats they might have wamted to have a look at him in training to make sure they weren't dropping a clanger by releasing him.

Why can't we continue to loan him until Jan?

My understanding is basically because it's outside of the transfer/loan window. Even if Huddersfield cancelled his contract today, because he's been at a different FL club during the same transfer period we'd still have to wait until Jan 1st.

Scores 4 goals, assists 8/9 in 3 months. Yet Lee Clark isn't interested in having a look and see how he does now he's hit some form.

Poor management in my eyes, the guy would be woeful without a war chest backing him. He wouldn't do the job Dickov is doing currently.

Scores 4 goals, assists 8/9 in 3 months. Yet Lee Clark isn't interested in having a look and see how he does now he's hit some form.

Poor management in my eyes, the guy would be woeful without a war chest backing him. He wouldn't do the job Dickov is doing currently.

While I agree with you, I suppose there is an alternative spin.

Only managed to score against Chesterfield and Burton. Missed a matchwinning opportunity at Carlisle. Side is no higher in the table than when he joined. Decent run is predominantly results against poorer sides.

(For me, his hold up play is tremendous, his dead ball delivery the best I've seen since Liddell and his workrate is very, very high - get him signed up, the assists are everything).

Dead ball delivery streets ahead of Liddle. Let's see how we look in our home games and against Charlton without him(tonight shouldn't matter , lower division team ,who were whupped at weekend). I have a feeling we will look a lot more huff & puff & one dimensional without Simpson , player of the season so far.

From the Lee Clark in the Huddersfield examiner:

"Oldham are keen to have Robbie back, and although that can’t happen until next month, we are willing to let him remain there to train and be ready to slot straight back in.”

Slystallone likes this /\

So does singe, but I think there mght be a price to pay for their genorosity!

Very good of them/him, I must say, and pretty unusual.

Edited by singe

We are not rivals to them at this time & clearly the managers & clubs have a good relationship. If Huddy don't rate him at this level , they will want shut before going up to a higher level as seems likely.

Best Christmas present we will get if Simpson signs back ...top player.