Day trippers

ok, so we have just beaten southend in the fa cup replay. its not the game i wish to talk about, but those who took advantage of the 2 quid tickets, and those who are jumping on the bandwagon for the mini fa cup run.

behind us tonight, we had spectators who quite simply made it obvious they watched premier football on the box week in week out. if latics were patient in the build up, they wanted it lumped forward. if they lumped it forward, they called for patience. my question is this. would you happily have these behind you week in week out if it added another 1000 to the attendance at boundary park every week or would you rather stick to the hardcore that probably surround you already.

personally, these fans really irritate me. they make comments as though they own the football club then act sheepishly when you prove them wrong time and time again. im all for welcoming new fans too the club but not when they try telling me how i should support my football team. At one point this guy actually said to me "they are playing well tonight arnt they. if they play like this week in week out there is every chance we could be in the premier next year" I REALLY HATE THIS TYPE OF FOOTBALL FAN!!!!!

I know what you mean - I was there at Scunthorpe in the JPT 2nd round and if we get to Wembley there will be 20k compared to the 190 die hards at Glanford Park. However, it's still a freedom of choice and if someone wants to jump on the bandwagon - good for them. They won't get the same satisfaction as use 190 at Scunny but we'll all have a good day out together.

Our club needs these fans desperatly now and more than ever before to survive. They might annoy you but shout over them with the knowledge you've picked up over the years.

Let's get the buzz back at Boundary Park, albeit with a few 'gloryhunters'. It's better than a sinking ship.

I've had loads of Scum/Citeh fans texting me about tagging along to Anfield. I've told them all to try going to one of their own clubs games first...

Edit: although i've nothing against united and city fans going, for the record, we could do with their money.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

ok, so we have just beaten southend in the fa cup replay. its not the game i wish to talk about, but those who took advantage of the 2 quid tickets, and those who are jumping on the bandwagon for the mini fa cup run.

behind us tonight, we had spectators who quite simply made it obvious they watched premier football on the box week in week out. if latics were patient in the build up, they wanted it lumped forward. if they lumped it forward, they called for patience. my question is this. would you happily have these behind you week in week out if it added another 1000 to the attendance at boundary park every week or would you rather stick to the hardcore that probably surround you already.

personally, these fans really irritate me. they make comments as though they own the football club then act sheepishly when you prove them wrong time and time again. im all for welcoming new fans too the club but not when they try telling me how i should support my football team. At one point this guy actually said to me "they are playing well tonight arnt they. if they play like this week in week out there is every chance we could be in the premier next year" I REALLY HATE THIS TYPE OF FOOTBALL FAN!!!!!

I may have got this wrong but weren't those who took advantage of the 2 quid tickets season ticket holders?

To be fair Phil, even lots of the actual hardcore support are absolute dicks who come out with the most mindboggling codswallop every game. Me and my dad rarely sit in exactly the same seat and often have a complete nesbit behind us papping on.

If we keep the fans long term, then by all means they're welcome.

What annoys me is that they come for one game and bugger off.

I remember when we played Carlisle and had that offer on, this lady was next to me shouting 'COME ON BOYS, WE CAN DO IT' and screaming everytime we had the ball. A few seconds later she was saying 'Who's he, is he any good?'.

Irritates me but if it's pumping that little bit more money into the club, brilliant! I'd just rather they kept attending games rather than coming to 1 game and then never coming back!

To be fair Phil, even lots of the actual hardcore support are absolute dicks who come out with the most mindboggling codswallop every game. Me and my dad rarely sit in exactly the same seat and often have a complete nesbit behind us papping on.

very true...so frustrating. quite a few old timers do this in my experience.

There was a fair few in the mainstand upper who are regulars who were complete numpties.

Bloke in an Oldham rugby club chirping up how he'd been since 67 and this was crap and continually contradicting himself by his praise of southend and negativity of Latics. Then there was another old bloke a few seats down who spent the entire game doing similar and also slagging off those in the RRE singing away creating some sort of atmosphere. Neither of them seemed to like the idea of possession football against ten men when 1-0 up for some reason??

Then there is the whopper in the rifle at the Gregan talk on saturday night who's question was wondering why messi and co get £200k a week at Barca and our players only get £2k as to him, there isnt much difference in quality. Pretty much everyone left in the pub cringed at that one.

It's not just daytrippers who spout :censored:e from the stands, Phil.

Far too sensitive an approach to spectator sports.

The club isn't bothered who buys a ticket as long as they've got some to sell, and a body of fans cannot dictate a model role to the rest.

Similarly, other fans are kicking off already about ticket allocation at Anfield as it is generally hoped that the "diehards" will be entitled tickets. They aren't of course due to the free market as stated above - 6000+ should be ample. I'm sure the club will offer some sort of qualification system, however season ticket holders aside the advice will be this: get there first. Whoever doesn't get one, no matter who you are - tough :censored:.

Perhaps the club should just close ranks right now? Anyone who has a season ticket can come, everyone else can bugger off. Even when we get promoted. Just 3000ish people allowed cos, y'know, they're the DIEHARDS.

I'll keep banging this drum for symmetry's sake.

I've only been to one Latics game all season so far and if I go to Liverpool I'm going to shout out increasingly bizzarre stuff along with loud questions as to who our players are and if Ben Burgess is going to get a game off the bench or not. I also hope I get a ticket at the expense of someone who has been to 357 reserve games on the trot.

But dont fret you hardcore muthas, if Corney is to be believed the ground will be almost half empty. He knows how to talk things up that one.

There was a couple in the Chaddy who made me laugh best comment after 5min whats wrong with the scoreboard never use to be like that. A guy sat further up from us in the Chaddy claimed Wes worse player on the field asked why we signed him long with a few other comments. When he tried getting singing the blues going no one else joined in.

Really grates me this hardcore non-sense. I've been to 4 games this season..stopped going because you know what i've got a house to run, iv got a holiday to pay for...but they are my choices fair enough, but don't bleat at me that I can't go and enjoy a day out at Anfield or Wembley because i didnt go to Blyth Spartans with 6 others in 1957 and i'm not hardcore enough that i dint go to Scunny in Sept???

For the record I've been all over the country from Torquay to Daggers to Norwich to Carlisle watching Tics, and had a season ticket last year for the first time in 8 years but blow me skip i'm gonna enjoy Anfield without an ounce of worry what the super fans who don't miss a single second think.

Now who's that up front Shmefqki Cookqi?? wheres Stuart Barlow now a days!!

Edited by alex_balls

I take this will be aimed at me and my dad and you are the chap that was sat infront of me i admit my dad rambles on at times but he has been going to latics for 50 years as a season ticket holder, plus we all know old people can ramble on, im not even bothered about you moaning at him for that and also your mates but once you start to call a 67 year old a knob and then your mates start calling him a c**t thats when i got pissed off if you dont like it when someone moans when a player cant pass 10 yards or doing somthing :censored:e go sit else where, everyone that says they hate these moaner's have had a dig at the team for somthing in the past so give over preaching.....................

Just to let you know the moaning will most probly carry on depending on how the lads play so you are welcome to have a go back at my dad but you and your girlfriends watch your swearing please all i ask...............

Roll on anfield

I can't blame the day trippers for this, but there was a loud shout of 'handball!' in the first half from the upper main stand when Zander Diamond committed the offence in the first half.

We all know there are Oldham fans who can't make it to games....distance, finances, work etc

I don't mind that ALL of those would want to go to anfield, at the end of the day - you're all Oldham FANS. You support our team, you subscribe to latics player, you go when you can and you come on here and discuss the club.

The ones who bother me, are those who now appear (i only had to read facebook last night, and my text messages this morning) asking for tickets when you didn't even know they were fans of football or know full well they support another team. Those are the people that irk me. If all the supporters get tickets and some are left - then yeah, by all means come along....I want the club to make as much money as possible! I know you can't stop it, it just annoys me!

We'll take 7000 fans to anfield in January yet you can gauarantee that the home game following (exeter or possibly rearranged colchester) will be back to the same 4000 again

We all know there are Oldham fans who can't make it to games....distance, finances, work etc

I don't mind that ALL of those would want to go to anfield, at the end of the day - you're all Oldham FANS. You support our team, you subscribe to latics player, you go when you can and you come on here and discuss the club.

The ones who bother me, are those who now appear (i only had to read facebook last night, and my text messages this morning) asking for tickets when you didn't even know they were fans of football or know full well they support another team. Those are the people that irk me. If all the supporters get tickets and some are left - then yeah, by all means come along....I want the club to make as much money as possible! I know you can't stop it, it just annoys me!

We'll take 7000 fans to anfield in January yet you can gauarantee that the home game following (exeter or possibly rearranged colchester) will be back to the same 4000 again

4000 would be considered a good crowd.

And whilst you get annoyed, the day trippers will be enjoying themselves. You have waited a long time for a bit of sucess Mr Hardcore, bloody enjoy it will you!!!

Like them or not daytrippers are what clubs like ,

Even Manure admit they would rather have 75000 daytrippers every game then S/T holders.

Because they spend more !!!!!!! simples.

As long as they get the worst seats (which is usually not the case) and i get one of the best seats (which is usually not the case) i don't care how many turn up to watch us.