Liverpool Tickets

Initially to ST holders. They get first dibs, only on sale to them for few days, and instead of them buying a extra ticket as is the case now for someone who doesn't come to games, they have to show a ticket for a game this season to buy an extra one for their mates, who have been this season to a league game. Means that those who actually bother to watch Latics in a league game are able to get a ticket more easier than those who don't and just want to come down to watch Liverpool. Then they go on open sale. This way it stops those daytrippers who know an ST holder getting tickets ahead of those who go to watch Latics but don't have an ST.

I really do think that there won't be that many there who haven't been to a league game all season. We probably have circa 1500 PODs on average per game but they're obviously not the same people each week. Of course there'll be a few 'day-trippers' but I don't think there'll be many.

Edited by jsslatic

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as unsuccessful in queue today tried to get tickets in Centenary Stand on Liverpool website but online sales closed yesterday - anyone else thinking of dipping into this section ? - would be good to know a few other Latics around. Will try on phone tomorrow - unless anyone here has a couple of spare tickets they picked up today !! - if so PM me and you'll get a good price !!:grin: :grin: :grin:

Good for you, but your ST doesn't entitle you to two tickets for Home games so for me it's a nonsense that you should be able to have two for this, or indeed, any other away game regardless of who we are playing.

I think its fine season ticket holders getting two tickets when there is a 6,000 allocation... if it was around 3,000 then it should be one....

It's only one per ST holder for Chesterfield away JPT Northern Final 1st Leg on 17th Jan. Unlimited tickets for Chesterfield away on 2nd Jan. Supply and demand.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

All sold out.

I really can't wait to see it.

Standing in the pissing rain for 3 and a half hours this morning was awful but I couldn't help but feel how great it was that this sh*te club I've followed for so long could pull people out of their beds like that all of a sudden.

Definitely the biggest following I'll have been a part of since Wembley, and STHs, pay-on-the-dayers, bandwaggon-jumpers, arm-chair supporters, lapsed fans, day-trippers, whatever you are, let's join together to put on a great show in the name of our town, team and those not fortunate enough to be there. Amen.

Edited by lalalajpkalala

All sold out.

I really can't wait to see it.

Standing in the pissing rain for 3 and a half hours this morning was awful but I couldn't help but feel how great it was that this sh*te club I've followed for so long could pull people out of their beds like that all of a sudden.

Definitely the biggest following I'll have been a part of since Wembley, and STHs, pay-on-the-dayers, bandwaggon-jumpers, arm-chair supporters, lapsed fans, day-trippers, whatever you are, let's join together to put on a great show in the name of our town, team and those not fortunate enough to be there. Amen.

Makes you wonder how many we could actually have taken. I know ST holders who can't make it and I'm also hearing about Latics fans snapping up tickets in the Liverpool stands.

Website making two mentions of people being treated for hypothermia, like it's a badge of honour. Embarrassing more like.

Anyone planning to queue up at BP in the late December wind and rain should as a bare minimum be wearing Polar clothing, and have on them a hot flask, kendal mint-cake, a survival tent and a St. Bernard….just in case….

Hudds have- but you can usually pay on the gate for that one. I don't think the JPT game is confirmed yet, as it depends on any possible replay against Liverpool

The Chesterfield away JPT game does depend on the possible replay, but ticket arrangements have been announced.

JPT Northern Final 1st Leg

No, but making people queue for hours on end in the middle of winter to buy tickets is embarrassing in 2011.

And no mention of whether or not the kid got his ticket or not....

I'm quite sure all who queued did so very freely without Simon Corney or Alan Hardy holding their arms up their backs......

Although you do make a valid point that in today's technological world, queing is not always necessary in other areas of purchasing.

No, but making people queue for hours on end in the middle of winter to buy tickets is embarrassing in 2011.

Apparently, the kid turned up dressed inappropriately and was still an hour's wait from the front of the queue. Don't know whether he got his ticket, but if the Club had said that he did, no doubt it would have been criticised for giving him preferential treatment, in addition to caring for him in the way reported on the OS.

I do think that the football club needs to think through its plans for issuing tickets for big matches in future.

I don't doubt that the new stadium / new stand or whatever we eventually end up with will improve on the two crappy windows that currently exist, but it is a little disappointing that nobody has worked out a better way of doing things since Blackpool 5(?) years ago. I quite like the turnstile suggestion - great for cash sales anyway.

I do, however, think that those involved have done an exceptional job on the day. From Dickov serving the brews to those dishing out the tickets to the fans for tolerating the experience to the players helping out with coach tickets or whatever. A big well done.

On the other hand, your moaning - does it really help anybody?

Edited by opinions4u

Its a question of resource how many staff can the club call in to man the phones, ticket office or even the turnstiles at such short notice. Were turnstile staff asked about this?

Edited by GlossopLatic