Latics light up Anfield

I can't believe Oldham are embracing this, I love the line imgine 6,000 fans doing it. I'm like I would but I won't see out, none of us will if it was organised by Liverpool and they turned all the lights off then ok. But last time I went to a night which was earlier this season, the stadium seemed pretty bright to me and that was BP so unless Anfield breaks health and saftey it won't look like anything. I'm offically boycotting this, I'm a real fan I'll wear my shirt stick out my chest lift my scraf above my head and sing until I can sing no more. Not inturrpt a minutes silence for a football man, do an embarrsing countdown and then 'light up Anfield'

I don't want to be in a stadium with 30,000 scousers and the lights are turned off. I bet the club don't either, they'll turn them back on and half the ground would be missing!

Besides, elf'n'safetee wouldn't allow it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be in a stadium with 30,000 scousers and the lights are turned off. I bet the club don't either, they'll turn them back on and half the ground would be missing!

Besides, elf'n'safetee wouldn't allow it.

Crowd before lights out

613445810_2249c2d193_z.jpg

Crowd after lights out and the 'Scousers' get to work

article-1254516-0882E8C7000005DC-330_634x436.jpg

I can't stop laughing at "three minutes before the kick-off, Oldham fans will start a very slow count down from 20". Why not 20 seconds before kick-off and a regular-paced countdown? :lol:

In my experience, there are many Oldhamers that can't even dress themselves properly, never mind count backwards…..

I don’t see the problem to be honest, if people want to take a flash picture then it should be done as the first whistle is blown for Kick off

If you don’t want to do it - don’t take one!

No countdown, no interfering in the minutes silence/respect for Gary Ablett and everyone’s happyish

Frankly i don’t give a flying :censored:, im just looking forward to the whole atmosphere

Edited by palmer1

I can't stop laughing at "three minutes before the kick-off, Oldham fans will start a very slow count down from 20". Why not 20 seconds before kick-off and a regular-paced countdown? :lol:

Because of the afore mentioned Gary Ablett 1 minutes silence before the kick off.

Is there anyone with any influence with the club able to do anything and get this off the latics site and now delete from their twitter feed, probably facebook too, I've not looked there.

Awful, awful idea at the best of time but with the minutes silence/applause for Ablett it just makes it even worse. It also just reinforces that "we're a small club just happy to have a nice day out".

Plus, if you ever want a perfect dictionary example of "damb squib" then take a look at Anfield tomorrow night when this doesn't happen.

Is there anyone with any influence with the club able to do anything and get this off the latics site and now delete from their twitter feed, probably facebook too, I've not looked there.

Awful, awful idea at the best of time but with the minutes silence/applause for Ablett it just makes it even worse. It also just reinforces that "we're a small club just happy to have a nice day out".

Plus, if you ever want a perfect dictionary example of "damb squib" then take a look at Anfield tomorrow night when this doesn't happen.

EXACTLY, but now all over Twitter etc….personally I think 75% of our lot will be that :censored: faced they won't be able to operate their phones anyway. But what a crap idea, and another crap idea - even as a 17 year old at wembley in '94, I realised that the 'Meat Pie, Sausage Roll..:censored:e was a load of old bollocks too, as was adopting 'Keep The Faith' as a a club motto. Conveying a sense of desperation. Might as well have 'Doomed to be forever :censored:e, but here's hoping……...'

As others have said, 6,000 fans with balloons, flags, scarves and singing with lubricated vocal chords for 90 minutes will create more of a spectacle instead of a gimmick nicked from the World cup in the Far East

This

/\

I cringed when I first saw this thread - now I just seen it's found its way onto the official site; I think I've now passed into uber-cringe.

It's a :censored:e idea, it's a horrible cheesy non-football fan thing to try to attempt - and now it's on the website; when it doesn't happen with any more than 6 people doing it; it makes us look like amateurs.

Take it off the main site, and carry on as normal; namely getting behind the team with chants, songs, roars & cheers.

Eurgh. :mad:

What we need to do is work out how we can spell something out in our flashes.

We need a few people to sit this one out and the rest to chip in so that when we do the 'flashing' it spells something good out.

Words we can use:

Flaps

Employment

Spider Monkey

To recap:

We are counting down from 20 (the Lord alone knows why it's not just 10, which everyone can do, even arts graduates like Leeslover).

We are lighting our farts while the scousers sing You'll Never Get a Job.

We are blowing up balloons with tyre pumps.

We are playing Mouldy Old Dough on 6,000 portable Casio keyboards.

We are taking pictures of Liverpool fans.

We are eating pies and drinking lager and anything else we can smuggle in.

I might just screw all that and let out a :censored:ing great roar before kick-off before singing all the way through the game.

We need a few people to sit this one out and the rest to chip in so that when we do the 'flashing' it spells something good out.

Words we can use:

Flaps

Employment

Spider Monkey

Tits- leading nicely into the chant

Words we can use:

Flaps

Employment

Spider Monkey

Thankfully, it won't happen. Just the club looking for content on their website and others getting over-excited (Can't blame them - I was young and silly once).

Having said that, if RR can organise everyone into flashing "Racists!", that'd get some attention.

It cannot be said enough times. This idea is cringeworthy, embarassing, impractical and suited to a Simon Cowell talent show rather than a proper football club.

Anyone who joins in with it is a moron.

Get behind the team. Scarves, shirts, blue colours, "Come on Oldham" and a few songs thrown in about Scouse thievery will do fine.