Liverpool Game - Some of our Idiot Contingent....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think respect works both ways. Being told to "F'IN SIT DOWN" after 10 seconds as I was actually sitting down really got my back up. So I did try to get on a few peoples nerves (for a few minutes). I spoke to the bloke behind - we shook hands, I apologised, so did he for over reacting and that was the end of it.

Why can't we all just get along?!

Block 123

Iwas sat next to 3 young guys who constantly stood up,they were told by a steward to sit down or he'd get the police to eject them,that there was families trying to enjoy the game.But a tall blond guy sat on the other side who's language was appalling never got spoke to.The steward was true to his word came and had them ejected 3 mins from the end.

In the past I've complained to stewards about people standing and they have simply said "yes we know, it's a problem". When I've persisted they have then taken action against those blocking my view but left other standers to carry on spoiling the game for others.

No more discussing the problem, it's time this was dealt with, whats the solution?

The only solution I can think of in grounds as they are ATM, is for stewards to doggedly apply the law to every offender. Persistent standers shouldn't need to be shouted at to f'in sit down by those seated behind them, it does no good anyway, the stewards should be on their case as soon as they are noticed. At first with a polite request to respect those seated behind and a threat that they will be ejected from the ground if they persist. If they refuse or do persist get the police to eject them ( I presume stewards aren't allowed to manhandle the crowd).

I recall being at Wembley for the semi with United (going back a bit I know), I'd got every man and his dog to go to see what's special about our club. The day for me was spoiled, not by Hughes's equaliser but long before that by a group of idiots effing and blinding and worse all the way through not in support of Latics but in the direction of Manchester United fans, women and children all around them for a great occasion. They were a disgrace and made me ashamed of an element of our fans. My wife won't go now and I am only comfortable getting the kids to come along now they are teenagers. How can we get the next generation along to listen to these idiots?

Societies problem not just football's, but why so many yobs??

May be some on here now thinking 'get a life' but there you are.

Good topic given the stick we have all given the Liverpool support because of one or two idiots.

Rant over.................

In the past I've complained to stewards about people standing and they have simply said "yes we know, it's a problem". When I've persisted they have then taken action against those blocking my view but left other standers to carry on spoiling the game for others.

No more discussing the problem, it's time this was dealt with, whats the solution?

The only solution I can think of in grounds as they are ATM, is for stewards to doggedly apply the law to every offender. Persistent standers shouldn't need to be shouted at to f'in sit down by those seated behind them, it does no good anyway, the stewards should be on their case as soon as they are noticed. At first with a polite request to respect those seated behind and a threat that they will be ejected from the ground if they persist. If they refuse or do persist get the police to eject them ( I presume stewards aren't allowed to manhandle the crowd).

Segregate it. A section for people who want to stand, a section for people who want to sit.

I sat down for the game without any hassle, but I hate doing so, as i'm sure do many others.

Let me start this thread by saying:

I've been a fan for over 30 years. And a season ticket holder for most of them. I (when younger) attended lots of away games, but cost and time (mainly time) affect my ability to go to most away games but I usually go to the MK Dongs away game as I work here.

OK, so now you know I'm a decent fan. I even sponsored Chaddy's kit - I love my club - shimples.

So get to the point I hear you cry....

So there we are, my 3 mates, my wife and our son (who, unfortunately is a Liverpool fan), my mate's son (who's 5) and one "extra". 3 of us and a young lad who go to all the home games and 3 who don't go to many games. I'm rambling - anyway you get the picture.

So here's the scene. We're all lined up watching the game. Two rows in front, there's 8 people who just WON'T sit down. We're being told by stewards to sit down constantly, yet these fans just won't. So they're asked - as nicely as possible at first - to sit - after all, anyone behind had to stand to see the game if they wouldn't sit - they don't AND they get abusive. Some of the vitriol directed at the opponents fans was shocking too! (By the way, I wouldnt have expected everyone to stay sat down for the whole game but these guys stood for 80% of it). The problem is there are kids and women about. They've obviously had alot to drink and their attitude is almost that of wanting the fracas.

Their reaction was "Where were you at Chestrefield, Bournemouth, Charlton etc etc etc yawn). Does attending an away game give someone God given right to abuse their OWN fans - the sheer number of people intimidated by them was massive. They were constantly having a go to the point my wife just wanted to leave and gave up on watching the game completely. I doubt she'll bother attending again, and she was really looking forward to it.

The stewards eventually took a couple of them away for a "stern" word, but they soon, inexplicably, were allowed back, to carry on their selfish exploits.

So is this how it should be ? Do these "fans" enjoy feeling "special" so much that the don't actually WANT any more fans to join our club ? YES, many of the people who attended don't go to all or many of the games, but they were there then - they'd PAID to support OUR club - they had every right to be there and to be able to see the game, regardless of the number of games previously attended. If they have to suffer the indignities I and my friends did, why would they want to come back?

I enjoyed the game, I'm proud of our performance and MY club, but I was ashamed of these idiots - did anyone else have similar problems ?

RANT OVER :(

One final aside....

A couple of these fans "disappeared" just before half time - obviously to get the beer in - They all then disappeared at H/T - Then for 10 blissful 2nd half minutes there was no sign of them. These fans who love their club so much had to finish their pints before coming back to watch them - Hmmmmm

I am the father of the 5 year old mentioned in this post.

He went to most home games last season and he is now like his dad of 35 years a season ticket holder.

I don’t drag him along. He goes by choice and is always asking me “when are were going to Latics again?”

He recognises all the first team players and knows the majority of their squad numbers.

His first away trip was the friendly at Fleetwood where he sat immediately behind the ‘bench’ and chatted with some of the players.

His second away trip and first night match was Liverpool.

Due to the ignorance and selfishness of the morons who stood up for the majority of the game two rows in front of us I was constantly lifting my boy from his seat in order to give him a chance of at least seeing some of the match. I was also aware of the elderly lady behind me who's view was constantly being blocked.

Midway through the second half he said “Dad, please don’t lift me up again, I feel sick. I just want to go back to the coach.”

So, what was supposed to be a great night to remember for us, our friends and the latics supporters in our vicinity was totally spoilt by these abusive self-centred miscreants whos lives must be so shallow its untrue.

Edited by hollandspies

Behind me was a young kid. I tried to sit down as much as I could and try to move to the side when I did stand up so he could see. If they've paid good money to see the game then why should some selfish idiot in front of you get to block your view. I totally agree with you and I think what these guys have done is completely selfish. They need to think before blocking someone else's view.

As has been touched upon, it's really an issue with modern all seater stadia. In years gone by (or at a current average league 1 game) you could just move your position, and very quickly you end up with a singing area and a quiet area. I don't agree with some of the behaviour described, but without the people stood up singing through that game, it wouldn't have been half the special night it was.

I told my lad in advance if he wanted to go, he would prob have to stand on his seat all game. He didnt really mind under the circumstances. There were some complete idiots there though, on both sides. There were uber scrotes AND uber once a year whingers.

Please don't use the word UBER, Just be yourself.

I unfoutunately got hauled out by some very over the top stewards. It was one rule for one and one for the Scousers.

Luckily it was in the 85th minute, as i got to the bottom of block 128 with 3 policeman in tow all i got was ':censored: of ya dirty manc :censored:' from another steward right in front of the police! I used some unsavoury language towards the Anfield Upper yes but only what i was getting myself!! I'm far from an Angel but the whole thing stunk completely.

Thats my feelings exactly - didn't want to moan as it was a great occasion - but these selfish morons only cared about themselves.

Incidentally, I was on 122 - Row 20 Seat 20 - The said fans were on Row 18

Wondered what all the fuss behhind me was about! Was on row 5, and kept seeing police and stewards going up and arguin with some people.

Annoyed me aswell when those sat behind the goal/slightly to the sides, felt they needed a better view of something right in front of them with no restricted views for them so decided to stand up making everyone else stand up just to see whats going on/

Please don't use the word UBER, Just be yourself.

I unfoutunately got hauled out by some very over the top stewards. It was one rule for one and one for the Scousers.

Luckily it was in the 85th minute, as i got to the bottom of block 128 with 3 policeman in tow all i got was ':censored: of ya dirty manc :censored:' from another steward right in front of the police! I used some unsavoury language towards the Anfield Upper yes but only what i was getting myself!! I'm far from an Angel but the whole thing stunk completely.

I take it you were the guy sat on the back row of 128? If so, Im surprised you didnt get thrown out sooner...your language throughout the game was nothing short of vile...and the fact you were deliberately targeting a teenage lad who obviously wasnt blessed with the best of looks and calling him ugly for the 85 mins was just another form of bullying! If I was the police Id have locked you up and thrown away the key you vile little bully!!!

I take it you were the guy sat on the back row of 128? If so, Im surprised you didnt get thrown out sooner...your language throughout the game was nothing short of vile...and the fact you were deliberately targeting a teenage lad who obviously wasnt blessed with the best of looks and calling him ugly for the 85 mins was just another form of bullying! If I was the police Id have locked you up and thrown away the key you vile little bully!!!

Quite a strong word 'vile'.

1. The little scrote was at it all game and when he got a taste of his own medicene he didnt like it.

2. He was hardly teenager, he was 20 at least.

3. Yes my language might have been a lot to be desired for, but were at at football match not watching Cats at the Royal Albert hall.

4. Im not little

5. Obviously you have seen the whole matter through blinkers and i hope you enjoyed your first match since 1994.

I can't seem to grasp the comment 'your language throughout the game was nothing short of vile', it was only when i was taunted after the equaliser that i voiced my opinions back.

Each to there own i say, you obviously haven't been to many intense football matches where language and emotions tend to run quite high.

There wasn't any children present around me, if you don't like it don't listen to it.

I've heard ticket sales for Westside Story are booming at present, fancy a Prawn Sandwich.

R.I.P The working class game.

We were 122 row 34 so had to rely on a few rows sitting down to give us half a chance. Generally people were pretty good a few crude shouts but generally taken in good spirit. The two brain dead idiots who(apparently) were spat on should have got a slap, I couldn't reach but they were trying to start a chant during the Ablett tribute.

1. The little scrote was at it all game and when he got a taste of his own medicene he didnt like it.

3. Yes my language might have been a lot to be desired for, but were at at football match not watching Cats at the Royal Albert hall.

4. Im not little

5. Obviously you have seen the whole matter through blinkers and i hope you enjoyed your first match since 1994.

I can't seem to grasp the comment 'your language throughout the game was nothing short of vile', it was only when i was taunted after the equaliser that i voiced my opinions back.

Each to there own i say, you obviously haven't been to many intense football matches where language and emotions tend to run quite high.

There wasn't any children present around me, if you don't like it don't listen to it.

I've heard ticket sales for Westside Story are booming at present, fancy a Prawn Sandwich.

I disagree. I believe that the behaviour highlighted in the accounts given in this thread - yours included - have nothing to do with the sport, it's to do with undesirable attitude towards society and the community in general.

I disagree. I believe that the behaviour highlighted in the accounts given in this thread - yours included - have nothing to do with the sport, it's to do with undesirable attitude towards society and the community in general.

Well said Rummy .

Every time I stood up, wether it was when we scored, shot or a bad foul before I knew it I had a tap on my shoulder and some guy telling me to sit down. I sat down more or less straight away as I would of done if it wasn't for him giving me the order.

I Think something needs to be done, like a section for standing because I enjoy standing up and shouting at a match, im always happy to sit back down when iv said my piece but it's so frustrating when you have people having a go more or less straight away

It's not the working class game. It's everyone's - or at least we need to view it as such if we're ever to progress. The only way I can see club's like ours thriving is to belong to the community - by being inclusive, accessible and by being different to the bigger clubs in the area.

Of course I don't want it to be sanitised. Saturday afternoons will always be the time and place where people can vent, sing, rant and support their team, and so they should, but there will always be a line. We need to accept that football operates in the entertainment/ leisure industry and, to an extent, our survival depends on competing for the same money that families will spend going to the cinema, days out or what have you.

I was in row 6 of block 125 with my 5yo son on my knee so he could see. Quite a few around me had obviously made a day of it but they were great. They stood up when appropriate but, thankfully, not longer than necessary as when I stood up I needed to scoop my lad up with me and he's not a baby anymore. One 'merry' soul behind me even tried chatting to my (shy) lad but was completely non-threatening and had him laughing. I told him not to worry about fruity language/ chants (when he apologised for using it) because my son knows which words can and can't be used and he wasn't aggresive or constant with it.

However, I could see how in other blocks, there were problems that would have ruined our night whereby simple consideration for others would have alleviated any problems.

I am usually a silent observer on this forum and rarely contribute to discussions, but feel so incensed by the selfish and aggressive attitude of the boneheads referred to in the original post, that I feel compelled to throw in my two penith on this occasion. This attitude can be summed up in the post made by 'The gaffer'

Like other respectable supporters on here I have been a season ticket holder for over 35 years since my early teens and whilst I am possibly more reserved than I use to be, I have certainly never been ejected from any football ground or been involved in any kind of trouble. Remember the good old days, bouncing around on the timber planks at the top section of the Chaddy, getting lost in the fog over the tops on the way to Sheffield, and after we had descended realising that we weren't in the fog anymore but the windows had steamed up and, going to Notts County in our promotion season to the top flight dressed as a frog, accompanied by a chicken and a hen.Yeh I/ we have many memories. I love our club and would fight to protect its reputation. As is the case with the racist obscenities from the mindless idiot from Liverpool, what gives 'The gaffer' the right to say what they like to others or do what they want and then try and defend there actions by implying that they are doing this for the benefit of the club and that they are the real supporters. NO YOU ARE NO NOT. By coming on here and admitting that you are the thug who was evicted says all that we need to know about the person you really are.

4. Im not little

Vile adjective

Definition

• unpleasant, immoral and unacceptable. Other words- Sleazy, unsightly, revolting, sickening.

I think you will find all those definitions apply to your language and behaviour on friday night, you can try and defend yourself all night but are only making a fool of yourself, your behaviour is undefendable and will certainly not be tolerated in my vicinity and just thank yourself lucky you werent sitting closer to me or else Id have given you a clip round them bloody big ears of yours!

Ive no doubt from the state of you and the lads you were with that you were obviously steaming drunk and high on god knows what seeing as your eyes were like saucepans and your jaws chattering ten to the dozen, but im guessing thats part of your "lads day out" these days...not like the good old days where we went to he football dressed as bizarre animals such as frogs, chickens and hens with the strongest drink we consumed bein saspirilla ale!

You and your sort make me sick and if that is how you want to behave, we dont want you at Boundary park anymore!

I am usually a silent observer on this forum and rarely contribute to discussions, but feel so incensed by the selfish and aggressive attitude of the boneheads referred to in the original post, that I feel compelled to throw in my two penith on this occasion. This attitude can be summed up in the post made by 'The gaffer'

Like other respectable supporters on here I have been a season ticket holder for over 35 years since my early teens and whilst I am possibly more reserved than I use to be, I have certainly never been ejected from any football ground or been involved in any kind of trouble. Remember the good old days, bouncing around on the timber planks at the top section of the Chaddy, getting lost in the fog over the tops on the way to Sheffield, and after we had descended realising that we weren't in the fog anymore but the windows had steamed up and, going to Notts County in our promotion season to the top flight dressed as a frog, accompanied by a chicken and a hen.Yeh I/ we have many memories. I love our club and would fight to protect its reputation. As is the case with the racist obscenities from the mindless idiot from Liverpool, what gives 'The gaffer' the right to say what they like to others or do what they want and then try and defend there actions by implying that they are doing this for the benefit of the club and that they are the real supporters. NO YOU ARE NO NOT. By coming on here and admitting that you are the thug who was evicted says all that we need to know about the person you really are.

Bit harsh, it's hardly the crime of the century.

Explain your comment, 'doing this for the benefit of the club.' Think you missing the point here.

I have every right to speak my mind, 5 of there lot had given it for the majority of the game with the Liverpudlian stewards turning a blind eye.

Don't turn this into a witch hunt when you clearly didn't see the matter or was anywhere near it.

I'm glad you had such a great time dressed up as a Frog.

Vile adjective

Definition

unpleasant, immoral and unacceptable. Other words- Sleazy, unsightly, revolting, sickening.

I think you will find all those definitions apply to your language and behaviour on friday night, you can try and defend yourself all night but are only making a fool of yourself, your behaviour is undefendable and will certainly not be tolerated in my vicinity and just thank yourself lucky you werent sitting closer to me or else Id have given you a clip round them bloody big ears of yours!

Ive no doubt from the state of you and the lads you were with that you were obviously steaming drunk and high on god knows what seeing as your eyes were like saucepans and your jaws chattering ten to the dozen, but im guessing thats part of your "lads day out" these days...not like the good old days where we went to he football dressed as bizarre animals such as frogs, chickens and hens with the strongest drink we consumed bein saspirilla ale!

You and your sort make me sick and if that is how you want to behave, we dont want you at Boundary park anymore!

Leave the ears out of this, thats uncalled for. Well worded for you aswell that, your a wasted talent Simon x

Edited by The Gaffer