The signing of Simpson permanently

The rarely-wrong Chron says:

Athletic were today hoping to complete paperwork which will see Simpson become a permanent Athletic signing up to the end of the current season. However, an agreement is understood to be in place that he can’t turn out at the Galpharm Stadium.

We'll really miss him on Saturday - just dont look as balanced without him, his link up play and excellent dead ball delivery. I'm tempted to save my money and the potential misery of trudging past joyous Tykes after the game! Typical fan's negative view eh....... :D

Interesting that, one of the comments on the 5live commentary from Pat Nevin was critical of us not making the most of our set pieces (by Simpson) on Friday, when Morais came on and took over he said how much more dangerous we were!

I'd still play him before Felipe every time though.

Interesting that, one of the comments on the 5live commentary from Pat Nevin was critical of us not making the most of our set pieces (by Simpson) on Friday, when Morais came on and took over he said how much more dangerous we were!

Simpson's corners at Anfield weren't a patch on his usual standard.

Clearly something to do with judging the air pressure better with the missing stand at BP ...

The rarely-wrong Chron says:

Athletic were today hoping to complete paperwork which will see Simpson become a permanent Athletic signing up to the end of the current season. However, an agreement is understood to be in place that he can’t turn out at the Galpharm Stadium.

I suppose it depends on what the paperwork stipulates - if it contains a fee for Robbie then we may as well sign him at the end of the loan period.Still doesn't make sense that we can sign him and yet he cannot play against his former club :mad:

If he is our player they can't do anything contractually that stops him from playing.

If they don't want him on the pitch, they will simply deal with the transfer next week and use the loan agreement to stop him playing.

surely they can put a clause in the contract just like with loan players.

But the contract would be between us and Simpson. Huddersfield should never see it.

Maybe there's someway a legal agreement could be struck between us and Huddersfield, but why pay legal fees to do that if they can just wait until after the game?

As a slight aside, I thought the five live commentary was excellent on Friday, not at all patronising, just called it as they saw it, first 30 mins Oldham are the better team and should be 2 up, Liverpool upped their game after we scored and ultimately 5-1 was flattering to LFC but in control most of the second half and Bellamy was the difference. They also judged the Adeyemi "situation" well.."we can't be sure what has happened but does not look good" etc. Really good to listen to.

As a slight aside, I thought the five live commentary was excellent on Friday, not at all patronising, just called it as they saw it, first 30 mins Oldham are the better team and should be 2 up, Liverpool upped their game after we scored and ultimately 5-1 was flattering to LFC but in control most of the second half and Bellamy was the difference. They also judged the Adeyemi "situation" well.."we can't be sure what has happened but does not look good" etc. Really good to listen to.

Did they comment on the visiting fans 'lighting up' Anfield? :unsure:

The whole not allowing a player to play against his parent club if on loan is completely wrong.

Say Simpson scores against every team we play this season and we win all the games. He isn't allowed to play against Huddersfield and we lose.

Huddersfield have benefitted from all our wins as we beat their rivals. Surely there is some fair play initiative where they should be allowed to play against all.

I understand the whole not playing in the cup thing but if you loan aplayer out it means they aren't in your plans (unless it is financial) .

The whole not allowing a player to play against his parent club if on loan is completely wrong.

Say Simpson scores against every team we play this season and we win all the games. He isn't allowed to play against Huddersfield and we lose.

Huddersfield have benefitted from all our wins as we beat their rivals. Surely there is some fair play initiative where they should be allowed to play against all.

I understand the whole not playing in the cup thing but if you loan aplayer out it means they aren't in your plans (unless it is financial) .

He's their contracted player, it's their right......unfortunately!

That's how it has been for years and that's how it is.

He's their contracted player, it's their right......unfortunately!

That's how it has been for years and that's how it is.

I'm just waiting for City to buy hundreds of top players, then loan them all out to the fellow Prem teams, so that none of the best players can play against them.

You do like your fishing :D

remember Rat boy scoring twice against us whilst with Chesterfield on loan.

The most recent (non latics) one is Jake Robinson scoring against his parent club (Shrewsbury) for his loan club (Torquay) - a goal that ended Shrewsbury's playoff hopes. Doh!

[iIRC the Shrews manager thought they had put the clause in; but they hadn't & it came back to bite them on the bum big time!!!]

Deal expected to go through early next week according to this.

Vital Hudders

Its only 3 posts at the bottom of that, but it clearly shows they just don't rate him.

So that's Clark who doesn't rate him & their fans too.

He comes here & has been a revelation. It's amazing what good management, playing a run of games & feeling wanted, valued and full of confiedence can do isn't it?

I'm actually gutted we couldn't push through the deal sooner, so he was eligable to play against them. In the form he's shown for us, I think he would have surprised that horrible lot from over t'hills, sure he would have had a stormer.

Ah well - we'll just have win it for him eh? then let him on the pitch a full-time to gloat!! :wink: