SINGING FANS @ BP

I have noticed our core singing fans and the man with the drum are now situated in the Rochdale End of the ground at home games and not the Chaddy end? WHY WHY WHY? Possible thoughts so far:

1. Singing and standing may cause a nuisance

2. Bad language around families and kids

3. Just want to piss off the away fans?

4. Any other reason?

TEXTBOOKDAVE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed our core singing fans and the man with the drum are now situated in the Rochdale End of the ground at home games and not the Chaddy end? WHY WHY WHY? Possible thoughts so far:

4. Any other reason?

TEXTBOOKDAVE

We have singers??

RAZZA

4. Any other reason?

TEXTBOOKDAVE

I know a couple of the lads who are good mates with the drummer against Hartlepool they all turned up in fancy dress. Basically alot of them are young ages 14-18 of the ones i know most aint interested in drinking seemed happy to get an atmopshere going but being close to the away end helps them get a bit of banter going. Sadly alot of kids who have watched to many Danny Dyer films now think there it giving them all a bad name.

I prefer the Chaddy. It's quiet but their isn't a load of scrotes singing Dale Cavese.

What's wrong with our own chants, why do we have to nick a chant from Bury, who nicked it from Bradford, who nicked it from Palace, who nicked it from some Italian football they watched? It's embarrasing, I prefer a good chant that backs the boys or one that has a go at the away team (something witty and funny, get some decent banter going). I don't think there will ever be some really really great atmospheres at Latics unless Safestanding is brought in.

I'm being harsh, but I really can't stand that chant.

The nostalgic attachment to the Chaddy is outdated & illogical.

I have been a regular since 1982 , the Chaddy was fantastic in the days of standing , we often felt that if we kicked to it second half the other team would have to be leading at half time to get anything. The atmosphere was awesome.

I would still rather stand , but you cannot . If you like viewing from behind the goal , the RRE is vastly superior , good views from every seat , no blocked views.

It always seems utterly bizarre to me that we give the best stand to the away team , I doubt many others do.

Let's face it. As a supporter of football in this country, one has to admit - it's absolutely gash over here. Stifled by knee-jerk bull:censored: government policies made 30 odd years ago by the Popplewell and Taylor enquiries based on decaying stadiums that were well past their best, and centred on over-managing the fans rather than addressing the environments they populate. Just sayin'

One thing i loved about the Roger Palmer night was alot of older fans fans where singing old chants and Roger Palmer songs i have never heard before or ones i not heard for years. One song not sure full version when along the lines of Something like Roger Palmer Scoring, the chaddy end was roaring, i dont know why we love but we do.

Let's face it. As a supporter of football in this country, one has to admit - it's absolutely gash over here. Stifled by knee-jerk bull:censored: government policies made 30 odd years ago by the Popplewell and Taylor enquiries based on decaying stadiums that were well past their best, and centred on over-managing the fans rather than addressing the environments they populate. Just sayin'

Lower league Italian football.

Compare that to lower league British football when it tries imitation...

Awful.

you're right - the English spectating 'experience' is utterly gash. It amazes me how it's just been meekly accepted. In Germany at the moment there is a campaign against the prospect of some clubs considering - not doing,considering - the prospect of charging €20 to stand up at a Bundesliga game. €20 for top flight football and they're kicking off about it. And they can stand. And drink. And they sing. The atmosphere is like nothing you find in England. And they have an actual stake in their clubs. Some Premier League fanboys dont mind being utterly financially violated if it means their darlings can have a good tilt at the Champions League but what's in it for everyone else?

The Chaddy used to be such a fantastic place but now....dead. There's little atmosphere and those that do try and get it going are usually derided by others. Not slagging off those 'others' by the way - everyones entitled to their own viewpoint but it's these all seater grounds that throw everyone together - there's no 'knobhead area' to allow the young un's to just go and make some noise and have a laugh without upsetting those who want a quieter life and dont like bad language.

No wonder nobody goes anymore, it's a rip off, it's like a morgue, the place is falling down, there is absolutely no 'vibe' going on at Latics at all. Make it a tenner in, have terracing, let us drink and I couldnt give a toss what division we were in - people would take a lot more joy out of supporting the club.

you're right - the English spectating 'experience' is utterly gash. It amazes me how it's just been meekly accepted. In Germany at the moment there is a campaign against the prospect of some clubs considering - not doing,considering - the prospect of charging €20 to stand up at a Bundesliga game. €20 for top flight football and they're kicking off about it. And they can stand. And drink. And they sing. The atmosphere is like nothing you find in England. And they have an actual stake in their clubs. Some Premier League fanboys dont mind being utterly financially violated if it means their darlings can have a good tilt at the Champions League but what's in it for everyone else?

The Chaddy used to be such a fantastic place but now....dead. There's little atmosphere and those that do try and get it going are usually derided by others. Not slagging off those 'others' by the way - everyones entitled to their own viewpoint but it's these all seater grounds that throw everyone together - there's no 'knobhead area' to allow the young un's to just go and make some noise and have a laugh without upsetting those who want a quieter life and dont like bad language.

No wonder nobody goes anymore, it's a rip off, it's like a morgue, the place is falling down, there is absolutely no 'vibe' going on at Latics at all. Make it a tenner in, have terracing, let us drink and I couldnt give a toss what division we were in - people would take a lot more joy out of supporting the club.

Absolutely spot on mate. Couldn't have put it better myself. Well said.

Or compare

with

It is my understanding, and it could be wrong, that often on the continent the fans don't spend ages in the pub/local bars before the game they get in early and do their drinking inside the ground; aided by being able to buy alcohol in the ground and take it to their seat.

OK at BP we have a bit of a problem in that the best bar can't hold that many, and the other bar is outside and one stand has no bar at all. Its all well and good some posters on here saying that the Chaddy sings but from the main stand I can't here them. I think we have some opportunities in the coming home league cat C games to encourage all those that want to sing to go in the RRE and leave the Chaddy to the families and those that don't want to sing on a purely pilot basis (or even vice-a-versa). If it works then great but if it doesn't then we don't loose much.

One thing i loved about the Roger Palmer night was alot of older fans fans where singing old chants and Roger Palmer songs i have never heard before or ones i not heard for years. One song not sure full version when along the lines of Something like Roger Palmer Scoring, the chaddy end was roaring, i dont know why we love but we do.

Wrote and sung on one of the Boozer cruisers a few years ago...../mid/late 90s ish

Us:

Decent indoor boozing at the ground. No bells and whistles. Just a decent bar and a bit of shelter. Everyone goes there for the pre-match liveners instead of the Grey Mare, the Greyhound, the Rifle etc.

Away fans only in the Chaddy. (There's plenty of space in the RRE for the quiet ones to avoid the singing sweary ones.)

Standing in the Lees Stand Paddock (if the regulations aren't as tight as people make out).

Some sort of national campaign against the ban on boozing in the stands of non-greedy league grounds.

Lower league Italian football.

Compare that to lower league British football when it tries imitation...

Awful.

atleast if their gonna do songs like this, get all of them in one section... hence why the italians are amazing supporters, because they have a section of nutters, which is why it sounds crap cause theirs about 50 of them at the top of the rre... otherwise its a great song, and ina way many songs come from copys of others, cause everyones lazy

Us:

Decent indoor boozing at the ground. No bells and whistles. Just a decent bar and a bit of shelter. Everyone goes there for the pre-match liveners instead of the Grey Mare, the Greyhound, the Rifle etc.

Away fans only in the Chaddy. (There's plenty of space in the RRE for the quiet ones to avoid the singing sweary ones.)

Standing in the Lees Stand Paddock (if the regulations aren't as tight as people make out).

Some sort of national campaign against the ban on boozing in the stands of non-greedy league grounds.

I've no problems with all of the singers going to the RRE but, I'm not putting up with not being able to sit in the Chaddy. Away fans can stay in the small section of the RRE.