Views on Premier League football

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following best describes you?

• Latics are my second team. I support a Premier League side
    • I support Latics and a Premier League side equally
    • I support Latics but have a Premier League side that I also class myself as supporting
    • I enjoy watching the Premier League as a complete neutral
    • I watch the Premier League because I hate a team in it and want them to lose
    • I have no interest in the Premier League

I chose the last option - no interest.

Same for any football which isn't Latics. I'm even starting to get that way about England.

I have more interest in following Chorley in the Evostik Premier.

Edited by bossrocks

I watch it as a neutral but i don't really care what happens i just enjoy watching football, i'd watch any English league on TV. I split my time between Latics and Whitby Town (also of the Evo Stick Premier, for now)

I like watching United lose, but then I don't mind watching them win at, for instance, Anfield. I enjoy the pain of the losers is what I think I'm saying - revel in the maximum disappointment for whoever.

Here's another one I quite like: when a mid-table team with nothing to play for gives a relegation candidate a proper thumping to send them down. Just for the hell of it.

The Premiership can be predictable and the greed involved is slowly killing the rest of the Footballing pyramid but there does appear to be inverse snobbery towards it when mentioned on here. It is still the top division so I'll always have an interest in it

Edited by Tommy_Fent

total neutral in the prem, and enjoy watching football

but i would say that i find myself wanting united to pip city to the title and bolton and blackburn to stay up.

thing that influences me the most in the prem is fantasy football though, if i've got keith andrews as my captain, im wanting west brom to put a few past wigan this week, and im hoping papiss cisse starts scoring. great way to follow as a neutral

I am very much a Gooner and have been my whole life... always will be

Met my missus when was on holiday and her and her dad were Latics fans, now i come and watch Latics just about every home weekend game and prob 1-10 away games a season as well

Also go watch my beloved Arsenal at least 10 times a season, works well with me living down South, every friday when Latcis are at home we come up to Failsworth and then go home on the Sunday night

Live in a house split 50/50 utd and city, im the only oldham fan (thanks to my grandad) so there's usually one of their games on the box.

My dad took me to a few manure games as a kid, my stepdad who i live with now, has been a city season ticket holder for 40 years and my missus is a blue, so i go to 1 or 2 city games a season.

Dont have an affinity to any of the manc clubs (or any other premier league club) but will happily go and watch any game of football if i get offered a free ticket (as long as we are away of course) same as football on the box, i'll sit and watch any game from any league.

These days I just like to watch a good game of football in semi decent surroundings these days as a neutral, not really fussed about what level its at.

I have been to Eastlands a few time this season buying friends season ticket off them for games they couldnt make, same with my uncle's season ticket at goodison park the season before, and was fortunate enough to see a merseyside derby and the 3-1 win over Man U. Enjoying my football as a neutral a hell of a lot more since taking a step back from Latics.

However, I think La Liga is a class above the PL.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I've had to go for "I support Latics but have a Premier League side that I also class myself as supporting". However, that is purely because members of the family have been born and bred in different parts of the country, so support teams that are / were local to them, some of them Premiership teams. You inherit an interest in them under those circumstances. I just love football and Latics is the only team I'll ever support. I really wanted an option that said "I support Latics, but have an interest in some Premiership sides". Thankfully, none of them are ManUre fans. They dislike them as much as I do.

I'm only interested in watching Premier League football when Latics have won.

If Latics have lost, every other team in the land can go and f*ck themselves! :D

+1

Couldn't even watch Saints on Saturday night, I was that pissed off I could not face the possibility of both my teams losing on the same day. Won't even buy a Sunday Paper if Latics have lost. Saturday night I simply wanted to get :censored:-faced, I was that down after that abject display at Dale. Couldn't bring myself to watch the Sunday matches either or the FL Show and MOTD. They're still on my Tivo Planner…I think I'll simply delete them…bugger….

Born 1960, when I was 8/9/10/11 it was the golden era of Best/Law/Charlton and Lee/Bell/Summerbee. My dad took me occasionally to watch both and I loved going, how couldn't you?.

However; 1970 was the year we financed the old Ford Stand as we swept to the fourth division championship (league 2 for the youngsters). I was hooked and there's been no going back which is amazing given the football served up by the two manchester teams of that era, anybody my age who also chose Latics I salute you (still have a small soft spot for United though, sorry).