Tounkara Released

I know it's been mentioned in the 'released by other clubs' thread but felt it deserves its own.

Sunderland release Oumare Tounkara.

Let's hope we sign him up and he can show some of the form he showed in the last game of the season.

Yep, great impact player off the bench.

Depends which version of him we sign. In his second loan period, he initially looked off the pace and made no impression. This, in part, could be explained by a lack of match action over the rest of the season though.

However, if we were able to sign the version that came on against Carlisle and ripped their defence a new one, then that would be superb. Even 80% of that performance, on a consistent basis, would be brilliant for us.

Has potential but has a lot that he needs to improve on the pitch. If we can get him on a cheap one year deal then I think he'd be quite a low risk gamble as Dickov has said in the past his attitude is good and fits in well with the squad. He'll certainly run through brick walls...

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

didn't PD say after the Carlisle game he was looking into getting him here for next season? i wouldnt be surprised if we see him here in august

Yes he did, but I'm sure he will have other offers. I think he would be a great signing, preferably for two seasons, then if he bangs in the goals we can cash in at the end of his 1st season. If a non league player is worth £1m, think what Tonks could be worth.

If possible sign him up he has looked quality at times don't forget he is still young! Yes he went off the boil and missed chances last season but it was his first season in professional football remember! Porter got about 9 when he first arrived and then did the business in season 2... I just hope we get some more fit strikers so we can rotate next season

At the end of season players award dinner he was sat at our table with M'Voto (we sponsor Jean Yves :first: ) and I asked Oumar directly would he be joining us next year and his reply was "it's upto Dickov".

May I also say what a cracking pair of lads good fun and Oumar was totally bemused by the magician :detectivegm0: .

Ian G.

Play to his strengths and you'll get Carlisle performances......

Agreed.

If Matt Smith is going to start the season as super sub we need to play to his strengths too. Not just the way we get the ball to him, but also the way the midfield runs beyond him.