Seems like a good kid. Has worked hard and progressed up the leagues, via loan deals, and now doesn't look out of place in Chelsea's first team.

I remember a few Latics fans saying they didn't rate him, when he was here. :lol:

I remember a few Latics fans saying they didn't rate him, when he was here. :lol:

So do I. Probably the same one's who were slagging Eardley off and perhaps Tierney too. On the 'networks' It seems they're clambering over one another to grasp at some form of success on the back of Bertrand's appearance. smh

So do I. Probably the same one's who were slagging Eardley off and perhaps Tierney too. On the 'networks' It seems they're clambering over one another to grasp at some form of success on the back of Bertrand's appearance. smh

To be fair, not a whole lot backed up Tierney. He was a late developer.

No one really had a bad word to say about Berttrand by the time he left.

Anyone who argued against Eardley is on a saved gambling list...

Have you got any evidence that the people wishing Ryan Bertrand their best wishes are the same who thought he was :censored:e, or are you just being controversial as per usual?

Seems like a good kid. Has worked hard and progressed up the leagues, via loan deals, and now doesn't look out of place in Chelsea's first team.

I didn't think was crap.

just that Stuart Giddings was better.

I hate this self-entitled, hindsight attitude of some of our support. I rated him, in fact I thought he was excellent for us, but he did start off slow, and fans would've been fully justified in saying they didn't rate him at that point. When he came to us, he was a completely inexperienced player, with no first team football whatsoever. I doubt once he got going there was fans saying they didn't rate him.

I hate this self-entitled, hindsight attitude of some of our support. I rated him, in fact I thought he was excellent for us, but he did start off slow, and fans would've been fully justified in saying they didn't rate him at that point. When he came to us, he was a completely inexperienced player, with no first team football whatsoever. I doubt once he got going there was fans saying they didn't rate him.

I was musing over the idea that he had Latics fans doubting him only four years ago and tonight he's a Champions League winner. Hate it all you like.

When he signed, his first few games I thought he was crap. Looked a fish out of water. Then he got better each week. By the end of his loan deal, I was gutted he was going.

Thought he would end up doing well for himself, but didn't think he would be a Premier League regular (which still might be the case) let alone a Champions League winner.

Well done to the lad.