Brown ex sheff u signs

It took Lee a good season and a half to get going, he was on most of the regular lists we get on here about which players to get rid of. Took him time to become the fan favourite he became.

We are going to be signing wonky players, we are only ever going to sign wonky players until we get a cash injection, they are either slightly wrong in the head like KMB, or wrong in the body, ie old like Kuqi, injury-prone like Wes or not fitted in at the other club, like Brown here due to his ill-advised comments.

I can't remember the last time we signed someone who I got excited about, possibly Graeme Sharp? Actually, Wellens probably, even so, not many people outside of this league at the time would even know who he was.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone seen him play?! I'm sure Dickov/someone at oldham has watched him and obviously rates him, they wouldn't just sign him if they thought he was :censored: as well would they. plus, who says hes our first choice, he can play left and right back, full back cover? I know the site says hes replacing Lee which is true in terms of position but it doesn't mean hes the only right back we're signing.

keep calm!!

Before we all decide that this kid is a crap signing and indicates the kind of rubbish we expect to sign, maybe we should see him play first and see how he does. There's many a gem picked up that doesn't fit in at another club, but does well when he moves on. Just a thought, or am I being too sensible?

This is the most depressing thread for a while. Lots and lots of comments about this lad from people who I strongly suspect know nothng about him. Assume he's not on football manager...

Getting Denis Irwin was "unexciting" at the time and he's made an @rse of himelf on Twitter - which if it had been invented twenty years ago, who knows, Denis Irwin might have done the same.

I would have thought if you are going to criticise his calibre as a player it would be something of a requirement yes.

from k. lee to a player released by one of our rivals after failing to break into first team.

i'd say that is pretty uninspiring.

if he is a backup...wait and see player then fair enough.

won't even start with the twitter thing.

i will give him a chance, of course, but this club is slowly sliding down the 5hitter IMO.

Before we all decide that this kid is a crap signing and indicates the kind of rubbish we expect to sign, maybe we should see him play first and see how he does. There's many a gem picked up that doesn't fit in at another club, but does well when he moves on. Just a thought, or am I being too sensible?

Yeah cause the only people in the football universe to see his quality is Paul Dickov and the Hinckley Manager. :P

I think hes back up. Makes alot more sense.

Methinks you are being realistically sensible.

This is the most depressing thread for a while. Lots and lots of comments about this lad from people who I strongly suspect know nothng about him. Assume he's not on football manager...

Getting Denis Irwin was "unexciting" at the time and he's made an @rse of himelf on Twitter - which if it had been invented twenty years ago, who knows, Denis Irwin might have done the same.

Dennis irwin came from playing 70 odd games for Leeds, this lad has come from playing with Hinckley slightly different. This twitter issue doesnt bother me so much. I just cant help thinking if hes so great and all the country's scouts have looked at him why would he come here? Lets hope he turns out fantastic, fingers crossed.

It took Lee a good season and a half to get going, he was on most of the regular lists we get on here about which players to get rid of. Took him time to become the fan favourite he became.

We are going to be signing wonky players, we are only ever going to sign wonky players until we get a cash injection, they are either slightly wrong in the head like KMB, or wrong in the body, ie old like Kuqi, injury-prone like Wes or not fitted in at the other club, like Brown here due to his ill-advised comments.

I can't remember the last time we signed someone who I got excited about, possibly Graeme Sharp? Actually, Wellens probably, even so, not many people outside of this league at the time would even know who he was.

Wellens and Liddell in the same pre-season.

has anyone seen him play?! I'm sure Dickov/someone at oldham has watched him and obviously rates him, they wouldn't just sign him if they thought he was :censored: as well would they. plus, who says hes our first choice, he can play left and right back, full back cover? I know the site says hes replacing Lee which is true in terms of position but it doesn't mean hes the only right back we're signing.

keep calm!!

Well Dickov did sign Diallo...

Has anyone actually seen him play?

Can't say someone's rubbish and clubs going down the :censored:ter for signing someone 99% of people on here will have never seen player.

Give the lad a chance, even if he is a idiot for what he said on twitter.

Since ive seen so many other clubs signing players and nothing coming from BP, I am happy with this one. I think that despite his Twitter failings, we know nothing about his ability. We do have Winchester who can play right back if this lad turns out to need more time, but its still early doors yet!

Has anyone actually seen him play?

Can't say someone's rubbish and clubs going down the :censored:ter for signing someone 99% of people on here will have never seen player.

Give the lad a chance, even if he is a idiot for what he said on twitter.

+1. Twenty year old, did not catch Sheff Utd first team but an addition to the squad - I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the lad play. Still better players to come...

Mike Keegan tweeted he's very pacy and was very highly regarded by a club that had produced the Kyles Walker and Naughton in that position previously but had a poor season last year, let's give the kid a chance eh?

add me in the 'give the guy a chance' clique

He was highly rated at one time and has been at The Blunts since a kid, my mate reckons that he never get his chance possibly because of the new managers keep coming in and the fact that they had strength in depth in his position.

When I asked if he thought he could do a job for us however, his answer was........"Ah, not too sure he's got it"!! He has seen him regularly in the youths and reserves!!

Best of luck to him though, I'm sure he's here to make up the numbers and PD will be trying to get more tried and trusted players in.

Not overly impressed with us signing someone who made the sort of comments he did about Evans and his victim but he must have something about him to be in Sheff Utd' first team squad. Let's not pretend we've got (or should expect) the same quality of players they have in their first team.

Re Twitter - he's young and made a mistake - hopefully he will learn from that. After some of KMB's postings recently I don't think he's the type of player to learn and move on. Glad he's not with us next season.

Re the calibre of the player - I'm firmly in the "give him a chance" camp. We're already accused of having a negative attitude to our players, but usually when they've played a few games. I hope he doesn't get straight on owtb to read what the fans are saying about him - not exactly going to inspire him to do well is it?

Mike Keegan tweeted he's very pacy and was very highly regarded by a club that had produced the Kyles Walker and Naughton in that position previously but had a poor season last year, let's give the kid a chance eh?

We have to focus on the on-field ability and if he has got potential that was seen in a player of the calibre of Kyle Walker then he's surely worth a punt. Yes, we all know that what he said, and of course its wrong but if he replaces Lee as a similar presence at right-back then we won't be complaining afterwards so it's worth getting behind the lad and if he does start to show us some of the reasons why people have compared him to Kyle Walker then he will have been a very exciting signing.