justice done.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

massive over reaction, England were not fancied going into the tournament, thought we were outclassed by a much better side tonight, maybe tactically Roy got it wrong but we all know he doesn't change his formation, IMO most of the players gave it their all but just were not good enough.

I do agree about Ashley Young though he was crap.

Millions of pounds payed to players who can't pass a ball five yards to one of their own, Gerrard gets cramp after 70 minutes, yet Italian "old man" runs our superstars ragged for two hours, but hey, let's look on the bright side, at least we wont get walloped by Germany in the semi.

The way the game started, I was hopeful that we could get something out of it. We created chances and looked dangerous. For 10 minutes. And apart from the first attack of the second half, we created precisely nowt. I'm sure that if we had started with Walcott and/or Oxlade-Chamberlain and actually got the ball to them, we might have got at the Italian defence. Milner and Young produced nothing. Rooney couldn't pass a straight ball to save his life. There's a lot of work to be done for the 2014 World Cup, Roy.

On another note, how did the extra official not spot the blatant shirt pulling and wrestling in the Italian penalty area? Has anyone ever seen the useless lumps actually make a decision?

massive over reaction, England were not fancied going into the tournament, thought we were outclassed by a much better side tonight, maybe tactically Roy got it wrong but we all know he doesn't change his formation, IMO most of the players gave it their all but just were not good enough.

I don't think Italy are up to much either. If Gerrard had stood on Pirlo's toes all night we'd have been fine

Better team won, after half time we created sod all, mainly because we couldn't retain the ball.

A total revamp of the squad is needed for 2014.......an ability to keep the ball would be advantagious.

Good atmosphere in the white hart, royton tonight, but as always england fail to deliver

Millions of pounds payed to players who can't pass a ball five yards to one of their own, Gerrard gets cramp after 70 minutes, yet Italian "old man" runs our superstars ragged for two hours, but hey, let's look on the bright side, at least we wont get walloped by Germany in the semi.

Can't really get angry about England after that - it would have been a fantastic once-in-a-lifetime moment had we won the tournament but the fact is Italy's overpaid prima donas were better than ours. Reckon it was a better tournament than it would have been had Capello been in charge - there was a bit more of a siege mentality among players and fans. England we're expected to fail (which they inevitably did), but we're used to being in a position where we can be melancholic and blasé as football fans...which is why we also support Latics.

When it comes to Latics and England we might as well enjoy the pluses and shrug shoulders at failures. Moaning isn't going to do owt.

Given that most of our players fall short of world class I'd credit Roy with getting his tactics spot on. We can't out football the top teams so we have to find another way and if that's sitting back then so be it. It's a very fine line and if Rooney had knocked in that overhead kick then the tactics would have been fully justified, All if's and buts of course but one trait England teams have had for many years is that all important lack of mental strength when it comes to the crunch time of penalties.

I don't think Italy are up to much either. If Gerrard had stood on Pirlo's toes all night we'd have been fine

Pirlo should have been double, prob even triple-marked. He's that important to Italy. Take him out and the rest of the team aren't worldbeaters. Nearly 70% possession and no goals tells its own story.

Pirlo should have been double, prob even triple-marked. He's that important to Italy. Take him out and the rest of the team aren't worldbeaters. Nearly 70% possession and no goals tells its own story.

It shouldn't be that hard. I'm pretty crap, but during an industry 5 a side tournament when we were being killed by a fat bloke with a deadly shot, I said, "I'm standing in front of the fat bloke." Job done.

It shouldn't be that hard. I'm pretty crap, but during an industry 5 a side tournament when we were being killed by a fat bloke with a deadly shot, I said, "I'm standing in front of the fat bloke." Job done.

I remember us adopting a similar tactic when we played Swansea in 2006. Worked pretty well, won 1-0 & Lee Trundell never got a kick.

it would have been an injustice had we won , we contributed to pur own downfall though by giving the ball away every single time we got it. I see a bleak few years for england , our better players are ageing and nobody is coming through to replace them.

What i couldn't work out was that every time Rooney got the ball he had 4 italians around him.

That means elsewhere on the pitch there must have been 9 English players (if you incluide Young and Milner) against 6 Italians.

What were they doing because everytime they got the ball off Rooney and attacked they were still outplaying us !!!!!!!!

Nothing changed since the 70s , can't remember who said it but many year ago when a foreign manager was asked how he would play against England he said.

"Well we get the ball and play it around until we score but if we lose it we wait 10 seconds and they will give it us back"

At least saves the dreaded thrashing by the Germans but why are they so much better than us and always have been when individually they are not ???

Answres to the FA.

Edited by losesome

All went tits up when the not so in a month of sunday's WORLD CLASS PLAYER MY ARSE Mr Rooney came back should have stuck with the carol and welbeck everything was going smooth and ashley yound another player that cant play on the big stage......................................................................................

What i couldn't work out was that every time Rooney got the ball he had 4 italians around him.

That means elsewhere on the pitch there must have been 9 English players (if you incluide Young and Milner) against 6 Italians.

What were they doing because everytime they got the ball off Rooney and attacked they were still outplaying us !!!!!!!!

Nothing changed since the 70s , can't remember who said it but many year ago when a foreign manager was asked how he would play against England he said.

"Well we get the ball and play it around until we score but if we lose it we wait 10 seconds and they will give it us back"

At least saves the dreaded thrashing by the Germans but why are they so much better than us and always have been when individually they are not ???

Answres to the FA.

Because all our players were knackered after spending the game chasing the ball which showed in the penalty shoot out as we were too tired physcially and therefore too tired mentally to convert the penalties. at 33 Pirlo was the older than any of Englands outfield players he bossed the game for 120 minutes and in the penalty shootout he steps up fresh as a daisy and confidentally converts. Marking him out the game would have helped but what would have helped more is that when we got the ball we kept it and made him chase it for abit.

Its a deep rooted problem in the English game you even here it mentioned on here about "tipy tappy bollocks" and the usual shouts at Boundary Park of "Get it forward" the type of people who would have looked at the muchkins of Spain and Barcelona's midfield, Iniesta and Xavi and would have dissmissed them as weedy little gayboys had they turned up at Boundary Park.

England do produce some dynamic footballers but we don't produce intelligent ones who just keep the ball moving. The one player who breaks the mould in this respect is Paul Scholes its no wonder the foreign players and coaches wax lyrical about him his ability to keep the ball and build pressure on the opposition might go un noticed in games but it makes a hell of a difference when its not there.

Despite that I'm not that dissapointed I think England were no more than a quarter final team anyway and went about as far as most of us expected anyway.