PDs enlightening interview on Latics Player

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only two things that was different about what he usually says are: 1. Wesolowski is a big miss and 2. Judge him after 10 games.

He talked about knee jerk reactions... then spoke about defensive errors.

It was much more than that, mentioned backwards passing, too many touches, not having enough shots at goal, the need to bring wide men into the game, individual errors, understands fans frustration with the Walsall performance.

I imagine the full text will be on the OS tomorrow.

It was much more than that, mentioned backwards passing, too many touches, not having enough shots at goal, the need to bring wide men into the game, individual errors, understands fans frustration with the Walsall performance.

So he does know :censored: when he sees it!

I will reserve judgement until I see what he actually does about it for Saturday. Line-up or formation changes? Or just looking hurt and angry when it happens again? If the players don't or can't follow his instructions, he needs to change who's playing or the formation.

I will reserve judgement until I see what he actually does about it for Saturday. Line-up or formation changes? Or just looking hurt and angry when it happens again? If the players don't or can't follow his instructions, he needs to change who's playing or the formation.

^^^ This

Its all well and good talking about it but its about time he changed stuff when its not working on the pitch

Which he talks about every week.

^^^ This

Its all well and good talking about it but its about time he changed stuff when its not working on the pitch

Which he talks about every week.

And according Prozac that is 40 odd players that have not listened to him.

The one bright spot is he comparatively quickly bins those that are performing, but the old revolving door at BP is spinning round

revolving-doors.gif?w=120&h=150

I think it goes to show that it is better to get proven quality, it may be cheaper int he long run. Of course, I don't know the finances but I cannot imagine we have paid not a bean for each loanee.

Edited by singe

If a dog is badly behaved you blame the owner. If a football team, by inference, continues week in week out to ignore the manager you don't blame the football team. It is this that worries me.

However, all this carping is counter productive because if there is so little money for the team then where would the money come from to sack PD and pay another manager. The Prozac stats suggest that we should judge PD on his performance this season. After two years of finishing roughly where we should we all want better and if PD can't do it.....

The way I see it is this. We can't pay the kind of money players who are proven want, even those on the way down the leagues. So we have to go with a bare bones starting eleven made up of mainly hopefuls with league oner's/ self believer's who think they can play higher. The the rest of the squad, the filler upper's if you will of kids and league one hoper's on the cheap. In truth that is the same for more than half this league's teams.

Now I'd sooner fail with a brand new bunch each season than fail with the same bunch from last season. Sooner or later you'll fall on a decent bunch (then the higher teams will take um!) or you'll get a manager who for whatever reason has a good eye or tactics that carries this off sooner rather than later.

If a dog is badly behaved you blame the owner. If a football team, by inference, continues week in week out to ignore the manager you don't blame the football team. It is this that worries me.

However, all this carping is counter productive because if there is so little money for the team then where would the money come from to sack PD and pay another manager. The Prozac stats suggest that we should judge PD on his performance this season. After two years of finishing roughly where we should we all want better and if PD can't do it.....

You suggesting we have him put down?

The way I see it is this. We can't pay the kind of money players who are proven want, even those on the way down the leagues. So we have to go with a bare bones starting eleven made up of mainly hopefuls with league oner's/ self believer's who think they can play higher. The the rest of the squad, the filler upper's if you will of kids and league one hoper's on the cheap. In truth that is the same for more than half this league's teams.

Now I'd sooner fail with a brand new bunch each season than fail with the same bunch from last season. Sooner or later you'll fall on a decent bunch (then the higher teams will take um!) or you'll get a manager who for whatever reason has a good eye or tactics that carries this off sooner rather than later.

I agree with most of what you say but I think that to get a decent level of success it needs a year on year build, slotting the pieces of the jigsaw in until eventually the picture is complete, however since agents, bosman and the money flooding into all levels of the game it is harder for lower league clubs to do this. As soon as you get a decent player he is snaffled by a higher team's reserve squad and the money you get doesn't always allow you to reinvest and build on your success.

THREE. :censored:ING. GAMES.

Actually it's TWO :censored:ING GAMES because Cup games are one off entities that don't count.

I agree with most of what you say but I think that to get a decent level of success it needs a year on year build, slotting the pieces of the jigsaw in until eventually the picture is complete, however since agents, bosman and the money flooding into all levels of the game it is harder for lower league clubs to do this. As soon as you get a decent player he is snaffled by a higher team's reserve squad and the money you get doesn't always allow you to reinvest and build on your success.

So in fact PD has done well to keep some of last years best players and has added some quality players into the team that will as with all new signings take time to fit in and make an impact. This plus a couple of the kids in the squad may step up and become big players. I really don't think all the doom and gloom is justified after "THREE :censored:ING GAMES" or "TWO".

Last year is what it is.

He needs more than 3 games for people to judge as this year is a new one!

People are more worried that its the same old mistakes same old problems happening so soon

I really dont think anyone seriously wants him sacked but people are desperate for an improvement on the basics

and 46 last year !

We're almost a totally different team.

Last year is what it is.

He needs more than 3 games for people to judge as this year is a new one!

Exactly.

Idiots will be idiots, I suppose. We're a third division club from a dying town with barely a pot to piss in and we didn't sign Messi - no :censored:!