slew-can't we send him back?

I would think it works like a normal contract and we are tied to the agreed 6 month deal.....I'm not sure whether or not we can send him back due to injury.

To be honest a 6 month deal was a bad idea anyway but the way it's turned out it could have been worse.........I would definitely ship him back if it were possible.

Having said that Blackburn could be paying all his wages in which case it doesn't really matter!!

When Latics took him on, he was obviously seen as something of a prospect. No one could have invisaged the back injury, much less that it would reoccur, so good or bad business doesn't enter into it IMO. It could be construed as bad business if he never kicks a ball for us again, but that would be more than a bit unkind.

Disastrous bit of business yes if he is out injured for the time period but it's not really something that could have been foreseen. We could have taken out a £500 million loan from TTA to sign Messi only for him to then get a career ending injury in his first training session ;)

Messi/Purdie: potato/potahto.

Correct.

Different rules apply for the recall of goalkeepers.

Are you sure? I've never heard of this rule before and sure I've seen players be recalled and play for their team. I've don't it several times myself on Football Manager (not that I'm saying that's proof...)

I'm reading here that he is a disasterous signing, he's terrible, awful piece of business.

HE'S PLAYED 5 MATCHES.

Surprises me how judgemental some fans are, according to these principals we'd have no players left, they'd all be released.

The optimism surronding his signing was like every other, joy at a great prospect that should score loads of goals, Baxter today for instance, then within days its all doom and gloom which will inevitably happen with Baxter too. Video's of their best goals get posted on here when they sign and if they've not produced a wonder goal within 5 matches then they're not worth keeping, 'I'll send drive them back to their previous club' is the mentality. If you don't want to be disappointed don't treat them like they're a prolific Premier League striker when they come. There's a reason they are joining a struggling League 1 side.

Give him some time.

Edited by NewBlue

Are you sure? I've never heard of this rule before and sure I've seen players be recalled and play for their team. I've don't it several times myself on Football Manager (not that I'm saying that's proof...)

From the Football League's rules:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-6-players_2293633_2125731

53.2.1 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.2 below).

In other words, if it doesn't happen during the transfer window the player cannot play for their own club if they've been on loan elsewhere.

Edited by opinions4u

I'm reading here that he is a disasterous signing, he's terrible, awful piece of business.

HE'S PLAYED 5 MATCHES.

Surprises me how judgemental some fans are, according to these principals we'd have no players left, they'd all be released.

The optimism surronding his signing was like every other, joy at a great prospect that should score loads of goals, Baxter today for instance, then within days its all doom and gloom which will inevitably happen with Baxter too. Video's of their best goals get posted on here when they sign and if they've not produced a wonder goal within 5 matches then they're not worth keeping, 'I'll send drive them back to their previous club' is the mentality. If you don't want to be disappointed don't treat them like they're a prolific Premier League striker when they come. There's a reason they are joining a struggling League 1 side.

Give him some time.

Some may say there have been instant teenage loan successes such as Jermain Defoe at Bournemouth with 18 goals in 29 matches, which makes it frustrating Latics haven't hit a similar jackpot in years of trying.

Some may say there have been instant teenage loan successes such as Jermain Defoe at Bournemouth with 18 goals in 29 matches, which makes it frustrating Latics haven't hit a similar jackpot in years of trying.

also loans in the past like Croft and Killkenny

Did we just get lucky or are gems like them still out there ?

Hundreds of attempts, I am not sure there anyone at any club has come near to capturing that

And the likelihood of getting one of these talents is very slim. We can despair over bad luck all we want but we must make the most of what we have at the moment, and Slew, even though he hasn't been ultra-impressive, has shown glimpses of promise.

My point is that we musn't expect players that we recieve on loan from Premier League teams to be a Premier League player, in the ilk of Jermaine Defoe when he arrived at Bournemouth (from West Ham I presume). If one of these special talents comes along and we get a great goalscorer or a midfield lynchpin then excellent, but expecting every player to be of this quality is ludicrous and is asking for a massive disappointment.