Dickov In or Out

Sack or Keep  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Keep

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The outlandish speculation on here as to which proven manager would be willing to work at our club with 2 loans available and pennies for a backroom team & players is surely one of the best reasons to give Dickov as long as he wants.

of course, but even as the debate is going on, there will be other managers that will become available that will tempt Corney

of course, but even as the debate is going on, there will be other managers that will become available that will tempt Corney

No there won't. Corney has jumped dipped his hands into his pockets for new players. The last thing he's going to do now is get rid of the management team and face the additional expenditure of replacing them just on the off-chance that they'll do a better job. I'd be shocked if this was rushed, happened imminently and just can't see it being triggered by events elsewhere.

Although I've voted "sack" I hope it changes in Dickov's favour.

That would mean Latics are winning games.

Or it could mean the moaners and the doubters are actually in the minority. OK its only by 1 as I type this but it is still a minority.

Or it could mean the moaners and the doubters are actually in the minority. OK its only by 1 as I type this but it is still a minority.

The poll is a significant shift in opinion though that, if results continue to disappoint, will move from 49% to 59% to 69% wanting rid.

Granted, as we've got further away from Saturday's final whistle the results suggest a shift from frustrated and perhaps reactionary "sack" votes to calmer "keep" votes as the alternatives are considered - rendering my comment statistically inaccurate.

But we've moved from an almost unanimous "keep" to a near 50% sack. That move of opinion will gather pace as the failure to win games, especially home games, continues. Most managers get sacked in the immediate aftermath of a defeat. For Dickov it will be a home defeat.

Edited by opinions4u

The poll proves that currently plenty supporters believe we have the players to improve, not all believe PD is the right man, a good few will still give him time even with doubts. A fair few votes would have been reactionary after Brentford, which historically a place Latics have been utter gash at, so it's not a Brentford thing but more a culmination of results.

So currently SC would upset half the fan base either way. 15 games in is the time to sit down with PD and give him 5 more games to turn it around if the same prevails at the sit down point.

If we turn it around will the PD outer's be man enough to voice their happiness to continue with him?

The poll is a significant shift in opinion though that, if results continue to disappoint, will move from 49% to 59% to 69% wanting rid.

Granted, as we've got further away from Saturday's final whistle the results suggest a shift from frustrated and perhaps reactionary "sack" votes to calmer "keep" votes as the alternatives are considered - rendering my comment statistically inaccurate.

But we've moved from an almost unanimous "keep" to a near 50% sack. That move of opinion will gather pace as the failure to win games, especially home games, continues. Most managers get sacked in the immediate aftermath of a defeat. For Dickov it will be a home defeat.

Bearing in mind that the majority of our support will only see the home games, then you have to understand their frustrations, we have been dreadful and a soft touch for a few seasons now, a continuation of this abysmal home form will only alienate our fans further.

BP used to be a fortress, now it's easy for even average sides to leave with points. Remedy this and we're on the right track.

I like the guy but doubt he has what it takes to sucseed here, if he does go I'm pretty sure he will do decent elsewhere. He just needs to change his approach, everytime he praises his squad they lose. It has been a common trend thoughout his time here, so it is either the type of player he signs or how he acts around them when he is talking about promotion etc.

I love the subtlety with which you demean those who have a different opinion to your own.

I love the fact that despite you being a mod/administrator you didn't read everything that I said previously, before commentating. It was quite clear from what I said that I wanted him to have more time. As anyone new can't do much at the moment.

I love the fact that despite you being a mod/administrator you didn't read everything that I said previously, before commentating. It was quite clear from what I said that I wanted him to have more time. As anyone new can't do much at the moment.

No, I got that.

The poll proves that currently plenty supporters believe we have the players to improve, not all believe PD is the right man, a good few will still give him time even with doubts. A fair few votes would have been reactionary after Brentford, which historically a place Latics have been utter gash at, so it's not a Brentford thing but more a culmination of results.

So currently SC would upset half the fan base either way. 15 games in is the time to sit down with PD and give him 5 more games to turn it around if the same prevails at the sit down point.

If we turn it around will the PD outer's be man enough to voice their happiness to continue with him?

Of course. I would never wish defeat on the team if it meant Dickov going. I'd be delighted as the next man if we managed to turn things around.

On the flip side, how many smug members will we have to face should results improve? The middle ground would be to be happy if Dickov got us winning, but those still supporting him to understand the concerns of the fans who don't.

I will instantly lose respect for anyone who says "we told you so" - on either side of the debate, actually.

Only a matter of time, if things don't pick up soon.

What's gone wrong, from when he first came here?

I think you usually get an upturn in form when a new manager comes in but the change with

basically the same.players was unbelieveable

to say the least.

Since those first few months we have been generally shocking and I don't know why!

I didn't go on Saturday but the general opinion is that they (Brentford) were there for the taking. Dickov says we could have snatched a point against a side rightly tipped for the top six.

Were Brentford that good or is he bigging them up to appease his mate Rosler?

Nothing would please me more.

I really hope he turns out to be the Messiah with the first miracle happening over the next month.

24 months ago I thought he was going to be. Now I don't.

Let's not forget a very important part of this new and improved squad on show...................PD!

He clearly has the right vision, although knitting together a bunch of players is the work of time as well as management structure.

I was present at the game Vs Scunthorpe and the team effort was very good, the frustrating part of watching any Oldham game is:

1. What we do 'under pressure' with the ball at the 18yard box.

2. Decisions given from the ref that determine the games outcome that we have to swallow....a recent example vs Scunthorpe but the list could go on.

I believe Dickov feels the same frustration as we all do and see's clearly the potential right there in front of him.

For me, time is now to really work on 'decision making' and 'finishing' under pressure Mr Dickov.

I'm guessing a good few people have changed their vote? I know I have. Does seem there's been a bit of a turn around.

He appears to have a 90%+ popularity rating today!

Either your theory about vote changing is correct or something more sinister is afoot!

Edited by opinions4u

I'm guessing a good few people have changed their vote? I know I have. Does seem there's been a bit of a turn around.

I think some of the potential replacements for Dickov named in various threads may have convinced people that actually, maybe giving Dickov a bit more time isn't that bad an option.

Edited by JonesyOAFC