Dickov In or Out

Sack or Keep  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Keep

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he succeeds, I too want to be wrong.

If I am I'll be the first to admit it, I don't think I will be.

A win on Saturday changes little, only a sustained run of points can do that….along with no more 20 odd game runs with only 1 or 2 wins to show for it

Edited by oafcprozac

Ok, take me back 18 games.

We've just had a pretty poor 17 games. 5 wins, 3 draws, 9 defeats.

What would your definition of acceptable have been for the following 18 games? Would 2 wins, 6 draws, 10 defeats be there?

We've gone from a poor extended run and followed it up with an even poorer extended run. I did a 400 mile round trip on Saturday in the hope that something had changed. It hadn't. We were still :censored:. We still lost. There are three possible outcomes of a football match yet we still lose more than 50% of our games.

Dickov's record is worse than Dave Penney's. More recently it's significantly worse. It's not acceptable.

Do you really believe he can turn it round? He didn't when it went wrong in Feb 2011. He didn't when it went wrong in Jan 2012. He didn't 18 games ago. He didn't at the start of the season. He didn't at Brentford.

Nice chap. He's not got it as a team manager.

And we didn't score.

15 league goals in the last 21 games. I don't understand some people. Everyone wanted Penney out, but where was this patience for him? He could have turned it around, afterall he had promotions under his belt - a proven track record, we could say.

Is it because we didn't win enough games? Or the fact we didn't particularly play good football? Or how about we didn't score enough goals? Funny that, but all three of those questions can be applied to Dickov, who has had 18 months longer.

His statistics are abysmal. I struggle to understand where this new-found sense of loyalty and patience has come from. We said that things would improve when the likes of Furman and Wesolowski came back. That we struggled so badly because we didn't have the players. We didn't score or win because of it, some said. What's your excuses now?

No doubt some will come up with a couple. Just like Dickov, some seem content to hide behind excuses. I saw Dickov mentioned his "brief". What a gutless thing to say. With the squad he has he knows full well that relegation shouldn't even be in our minds.

We all knows Corney mentioned the top six, so why is he mentioning that his aim is to keep us in the league? That's wrong. He's under pressure and we can all see it. He's only started to fire up when he's realised his performance as manager of this football club is the worst some of us has ever seen.

Give him patience, but he doesn;t deserve it.

I'm still on the fence....just. Anything other than a win on Saturday will make my mind up. He really is in The Last Chance Saloon!

He's had far more time than anyone else would have got under similar circumstances, his record really is abysmal and cannot be defended, another poor showing at Crewe could well be the end.

Yes, he's a likeable bloke and I really want him to turn it round but with the form shown over the last thirty odd games it would be a bloody miracle if he succeeded.

There is no doubt if we continue as we are we will be relegated and that would be disastrous for this club. We are haemmoraging fans by the month and although changing managers hasn't worked for us in the past we cannot continue as we are.

A loss on Saturday and then again at Crewe could even persuade him to resign!

Dickov should go. Like most of you, I really wanted him to do well and in the first half of his first season the team looked good. Since then it's been dreadful. I travel up from Surrey to endure the the indescribable dross served up at home games and oh how I have resented the waste in time and money. The evidence for his defence used to be that he had poor players and no money, but Dickov now has a good squad but doesn't know how to use it. Against Brentford, Baxter played again midfield while the ball sailed over his head, being hoofed from back to front. But Dickov didn't have a problem with this - the only failing, he said, was lack of shots on goal. The only shining light was the second half against Notts County (who were down to ten men). I'm sure he's a nice guy, but 2 wins in 18 games tells its own story. I don't think he will be sacked yet, but if we get stuck in the bottom four at Christmas then SC may feel he has little choice. I have supported Latics for 54 years and rarely expected anything more than an afternoons entertainment - well it's a long time since that happened - watching Latics!!