Great win (Why so quiet on here)

How could he see that from there!! They were brilliant for 77 mins?! What game was he watching, most the first half orient fans to their credit couldn't stop clapping our movement and passing ability! When we play on the floor I don't think may teams will match us!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't go today would be interested in your views on the first goal. Russel Slade reckons Derbyshire took the lace out of it

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19939676

Watched it a few times and I can't tell from the TV view.

I'd trust the view of people in the Chaddy over Slade's.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Got to be positive on this form, bt we are only off 17th on Goal diff.

This division is really tight

No reason we cannot go on a run.

I really really hope that the new year (and possibly fatal loss of wabara, derhyshire and Baxter) is not a fatal blow to our season

All 3 going would be hammer blow

I am loving while it lasts

To pinch a previous phrase from Lags (Was it really 10 years ago????!!!!!!)

Stay and Play!!!

Terrible performance until he changed it. Exactly the kind of football that could have cost Dickov his job at the start of the month.

First half we got chances from out wide, M'Voto and Baxter exposing a back four that couldn't deal with width and failing to finish. But we didn't get it wide enough.

But most of our play was hoof it up to Simpson and see what came off it. Jack :censored: being the result. The was also the hoof it up to Derbyshire approach which was equally unsuccessful. Ridiculous when you have a player who runs the channels so well.

Subs came on and some nice interplay down the right won a corner from which we scored. Similar for the second, kept it on the deck down the left, worked it across to Baxter who finished beautifully.

We are a far better side when we keep it on the floor. I don't mind mixing it up occasionally. But get it wide, beat your man and get it in the box is where we have real strength. For most of today we played to Orient's strengths.

A word for Matt Smith too. Made a difference off the bench. Again.

Good last 15 minutes. Great result.

Seriously???

I have to admit, your posts are often sensible but you saw a different match from me today.

Some of the stuff I saw today is the best I have seen since Sheridan's play off season. For instance, several first half moves ended in a large applause from the main stand (and that doesn't happen often). I have to be honest I do worry about what will happen when Wabara, Derbyshire and Baxter have gone but if we could keep this side together I feel we could move up a division (aint got the financial clout though).

As for the OP's question of why its so quiet?????????? All the miserable wankers and Dickov outers that call themselves Oldham fans are struggling at the moment because they stuck their neck out and decided he should be sacked after the Coventry match and they dont like to admit they were wrong.

I am being proved wrong.

Good on you for admitting it Gaz.

I have to be honest, I have always backed PD 100%........... but after the Coventry match I started to question whether he would turn it around.

He has. Big time.

My opinion is, we were excellent today, worked hard against a fellow form team who were bloody hard to break down. I always knew when we scored one we would have a chance of scoring other goals because before the first they always had 9.5 men behind the ball.

Seriously???

I have to admit, your posts are often sensible but you saw a different match from me today.

Some of the stuff I saw today is the best I have seen since Sheridan's play off season. For instance, several first half moves ended in a large applause from the main stand (and that doesn't happen often). I have to be honest I do worry about what will happen when Wabara, Derbyshire and Baxter have gone but if we could keep this side together I feel we could move up a division (aint got the financial clout though).

As for the OP's question of why its so quiet?????????? All the miserable wankers and Dickov outers that call themselves Oldham fans are struggling at the moment because they stuck their neck out and decided he should be sacked after the Coventry match and they dont like to admit they were wrong.

I thought he had to go because we could all see how this team should be able to play, but PD wasn't getting it out of them. He has turned things around and has proved us doubters wrong.

Been a big (maybe the biggest) Dickov critic for about 14-18 months now. But maybe, just maybe, he's got it sussed now. A lot depends on how long we can keep Warbara, Derbyshire and Baxter for. The only game in the recent revival I've been to is Crewe, but in that match I saw enough to suggest we should be pushing for the playoffs and enough in the 65 mins Baxter played that night to suggest he could be the best player we have had since we dropped to L1! I'll be there on Tuesday night, and I hope to see more of the same. Now, someone chuck a ta na na out.............

Seriously???

Yes.

A win is a win, and I credit the side with getting that. But the performance was, with the odd exception, slow and predictable and hoof to Simpson.

Some of the stuff I saw today is the best I have seen since Sheridan's play off season. For instance, several first half moves ended in a large applause from the main stand (and that doesn't happen often).

And this is part of the point. Our chances came from corners or free kicks. Yet we rarely got the all wide and rarely forced corners. When we did M'Voto and others were having a party. Second half we didn't replicate it until the substitutions were made. Then, while some went height to the excellent Smith, we got it on the deck, we got it wide, we got in behind them and we looked good.

For the second match in a row Montano's skill got a player booked. But did we really test that wing again during the bulk of the second half?

I'm not moaning about the win. I like the attitude of the players at the moment and the run of results is terrific. We just need to be a little more aware about what we're doing tactically. That wasn't a million miles of being a 0-0 draw which, given the players at our disposal, would certainly be two points dropped.

As one of the "miserable wankers" I posted fairly soon after the final whistle. Was I wrong to want him out just three weeks ago? Time will tell. I hope I was. But in the same way I wouldn't sack a manager for three defeats and a draw, I wouldn't hand him Messiah status on the back of a draw and three wins either. If he delivers the impossible, who knows!

As has always been the case, I want him to succeed. His record over 100+ games is :censored: though. His record over 4 games gives renewed hope. Fingers crossed that turns into something exceptional by the end of the season. Hopefully that freshness he brought to the club after Penney's demise is back, is real and will deliver.

The three newest players are key though. Dickov's negotiating skills, constrained by salary v turnover rules, could be everything come the end of the season.

Edited by opinions4u

Yes.

A win is a win, and I credit the side with getting that. But the performance was, with the odd exception, slow and predictable and hoof to Simpson.

And this is part of the point. Our chances came from corners or free kicks. Yet we rarely got the all wide and rarely forced corners. When we did M'Voto and others were having a party. Second half we didn't replicate it until the substitutions were made. Then, while some went height to the excellent Smith, we got it on the deck, we got it wide, we got in behind them and we looked good.

For the second match in a row Montano's skill got a player booked. But did we really test that wing again during the bulk of the second half?

I'm not moaning about the win. I like the attitude of the players at the moment and the run of results is terrific. We just need to be a little more aware about what we're doing tactically. That wasn't a million miles of being a 0-0 draw which, given the players at our disposal, would certainly be two points dropped.

As one of the "miserable wankers" I posted fairly soon after the final whistle. Was I wrong to want him out just three weeks ago? Time will tell. I hope I was. But in the same way I wouldn't sack a manager for three defeats and a draw, I wouldn't hand him Messiah status on the back of a draw and three wins either. If he delivers the impossible, who knows!

As has always been the case, I want him to succeed. His record over 100+ games is :censored: though. His record over 4 games gives renewed hope. Fingers crossed that turns into something exceptional by the end of the season. Hopefully that freshness he brought to the club after Penney's demise is back, is real and will deliver.

The three newest players are key though. Dickov's negotiating skills, constrained by salary v turnover rules, could be everything come the end of the season.

I thought Simpson performed admirably. But we missed furman. Montano saw little of the ball, furman would of supplied him with it more. Saying that when he did see it he couldn't control it. He had a stinker!

I thought Simpson performed admirably.

He did what he had to.

I just felt we had able footballers on the pitch and all too often the tactic was to hoof it to Robbie. Not get it in to his feet. Or through the channels for Derbyshire to run on to. Or wide enough to get round the back.

They had 9.5 men behind the ball throughout until we scored and worked very hard to niggle us throughout the match so it was always going to be difficult until we got a goal.

If we had scored early on, it would have been very different because they would have had to come at us rather than sit back.

O4u, sorry mate but I just dont get the "hoof it up to Simpson" thing as he was in midfield.

As for the miserable wankers and Dickov outers, I wasn't talking about anyone from this thread. I meant the people who after every loss start 4 and 5 threads about the same boring subject. They seem to have disappeared since we have been playing better. As the saying goes "the negative man wins every time he loses".

Edited by lancy lad

As for the miserable wankers and Dickov outers, I wasn't talking about anyone from this thread. I meant the people who after every loss start 4 and 5 threads about the same boring subject. They seem to have disappeared since we have been playing better. As the saying goes "the negative man wins every time he loses".

I'm glad that 4 decent performances is confirmation of Dickov's status as a quality manager. I'm sure there's a misconception that those of us who said we wanted Dickov out are pissed off that we've been playing well for the last couple of weeks.

We've been :censored:e more often than we've been good this season. Dickov seems to be getting in right (although the route of the success has come from players that are championship/premier quality) and long may it continue.

I'll happily be proved wrong but will equally be happy to voice my opinion if I'm spending a lot of money most Saturdays to watch dross.

The hoof it up to Simpson accusation sounds like it was made because he got on the end of 2 or 3 wide crosses that resulted in flick downs.

There was no tactic made to hoof it to him. A match being played for 90 minutes results in lots of different "plays" happening; some are bound to be hoofs. Swansea and Barca occasionally hoof it but I would like to bet that in the teamtalk before the match Dickov will not have instructed the team to boot it up to Simpson, who of course was in midfield anyway.

And as for the poor first half performance, it did go stagnant towards the end of the half, the last 15 minutes didn't contain anything of note but we had a fair few chances before that and played some decent football.

I'm glad that 4 decent performances is confirmation of Dickov's status as a quality manager. I'm sure there's a misconception that those of us who said we wanted Dickov out are pissed off that we've been playing well for the last couple of weeks.

We've been :censored:e more often than we've been good this season. Dickov seems to be getting in right (although the route of the success has come from players that are championship/premier quality) and long may it continue.

I'll happily be proved wrong but will equally be happy to voice my opinion if I'm spending a lot of money most Saturdays to watch dross.

Calm down sweet pea I wasn't talking about you.

:censored:ing hell there are some sensitive souls on here at the moment.

Everyone is entitled to come on here and tell us it is :censored: when it has been :censored:, I am talking about the same people starting thread after thread about it after a loss and they have been very quiet lately........ tell me where I confirmed that Dickov is now a great manager????? Go on.

Postman Matt or Supertaylor anyone???

Calm down sweet pea I wasn't talking about you.

:censored:ing hell there are some sensitive souls on here at the moment.

Everyone is entitled to come on here and tell us it is :censored: when it has been :censored:, I am talking about the same people starting thread after thread about it after a loss and they have been very quiet lately........ tell me where I confirmed that Dickov is now a great manager????? Go on.

Postman Matt or Supertaylor anyone???

Sweet pea? Alreet... Just gets me this oneupmanship that has started to come in after 4 games that there's no anti-Dickov threads. Even the most ardent ardent anti-Dickov Tics couldn't find owt to moan about at the moment and that's a credit to PD. On the same token though it would've been difficult to start a thread and give valid reasons for him to stay after Cov...

If we do go on a bad run they'll no doubt start again and,in the same tit for tat way, people will quote your posts in the same 'I was right all along' way.

Might as well all just enjoy the moment, long may it continue. Can't speak for anyone else but, for someone who's wanted PD out from early doors this season, he's doing the business.

Sweet pea? Alreet... Just gets me this oneupmanship that has started to come in after 4 games that there's no anti-Dickov threads. Even the most ardent ardent anti-Dickov Tics couldn't find owt to moan about at the moment and that's a credit to PD. On the same token though it would've been difficult to start a thread and give valid reasons for him to stay after Cov...

If we do go on a bad run they'll no doubt start again and,in the same tit for tat way, people will quote your posts in the same 'I was right all along' way.

Might as well all just enjoy the moment, long may it continue. Can't speak for anyone else but, for someone who's wanted PD out from early doors this season, he's doing the business.

That's where i'm at, i definitely thought it was time for a change. The football and results were dreadful...........BUT......i'm more than happy to be proven wrong if this recent form continues.

The loan signings have been key in giving the whole squad a boost, let's hope it continues if or when we lose any of them.

At the moment credit to PD for a remarkable transformation.