PD wants to keep Baxter, Derbyshire & Wabara

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corney reckons we will make £80k from the Forest game. Reckon weve made £40k so far in the cup.

not the best but every little helps, that money could be the difference between baxter and derbyshire leaving now or still being here come may

I think we will keep Wabara. His wages won't be massive, he seems settled here and City don't need him.

I hope we keep Baxter and as long as he is influenced by enjoyment and being the focal attacking point of a team ahead of money then I can see him staying.

While I don't doubt his quality the jury's out for me regarding Derbyshire. If we are badly missing him after the Doncaster game on Boxing Day then we should do what we can to get him, until then should see if someone else in our current squad can offer something similar for the Yeovil and Doncaster games.

While I don't doubt his quality the jury's out for me regarding Derbyshire. If we are badly missing him after the Doncaster game on Boxing Day then we should do what we can to get him, until then should see if someone else in our current squad can offer something similar for the Yeovil and Doncaster games.

Suprised me that. He's class, he never stops working, hes got a great touch, decent speed and has seven gols. Probably should be ten, but for dodgys lino's.

Considering what went wrong in his private life about a month ago I'm not surprised Derbyshire was off form for a bit.

He is better than this level and in some ways I think one of the benefits of Baxter not signing, which is odds on, is the increased chance of signing Derbyshire on a longer term loan.

Considering what went wrong in his private life about a month ago I'm not surprised Derbyshire was off form for a bit.

He is better than this level and in some ways I think one of the benefits of Baxter not signing, which is odds on, is the increased chance of signing Derbyshire on a longer term loan.

What happened ?

Edited by 4froale

Suprised me that. He's class, he never stops working, hes got a great touch, decent speed and has seven gols. Probably should be ten, but for dodgys lino's.

Totally agree give him chances he score 8/10. We just havent been creating enuff chances for him but hes as good a fnisher as we have had since Hughes.

Fingers crossed we can keep all 3.

Edited by bluehobbit

The next month is probably our most important of the season. If we can get 3+ wins in the next 6 matches and beat or draw with Forest in the cup then we have a chance of keeping Baxter. If he feels like we're progressing and have a chance of going further up table and getting through the cup then he might think that staying would be the best option. Same with Derbyshire and Wabara. If we don't get results from these matches then City will take him and loan him to a low Championship club or a top-of-the-table League 1 club and I suspect that Forest would do the same with Derbyshire.

The way to keep our best players is by getting results on the pitch. Keeping them past January would give us a good chance of a top half finish+ but without them I don't know what we'll do. We'll need a new, prolific, hard-working striker and a rapid change in form from Robbie Simpson or we'll be struggling again.

Work your persuasive magic Dickov, we really need it.

I love PR. What would really be news would be Dickov saying something along the lines of :

"They're crap and bring nothing to the team. If I could bring Joe Colbeck, Terrell Forbes and Dean Windas back to the club I'd drive these three to another club myself"

I hope they do all they can I've no doubt Dickov and Corney will do that

I just hope we have an alternative plan because if a big club comes in and offers them a better deal it will be out of our hands.

I hope we are proactive bring in a striker regardless before we know if we can keep Derbyshire or Baxter the worst that could happen is we keep Baxter and Derbyshire and A N Other and have to rotate them going into the 2nd half of the season where fatigue often kicks in. Plus if we brought in AN other on loan and we kept Derbyshire and Baxter and AN other doesn't want to sit on the bench if they are on loan we can always send them back.

I think we will keep Wabara. His wages won't be massive, he seems settled here and City don't need him.

I hope we keep Baxter and as long as he is influenced by enjoyment and being the focal attacking point of a team ahead of money then I can see him staying.

I seem to remember PD saying that he was costing us nothing. The Porche he drives leads me to think hat his wages aren't all that bad.

Agree.

I think he's been superb for us. And, as O4U says, in a number of recent games; we've not ayed to his strengths at all, yet he's still managed to show his obvious class.

I knew about him - from his Blackburn days, but i didnt actually expect him to be such a hard working team player. I thought he was a selfish 'in the box only' striker. Hkw wrong was I?

He's been awesome, and PD, Corney & the Club need to do all they can to keep him here for the rest of the season.

It's on his missus twitter- IIRC her first name is Melissa.

Some abuse of Forest fans? He's thicker-skinned than that surely?!!! But if I've missed the issue you're on about, apologies.

Purely on the pitch, the issue of course was service. We weren't getting crosses into the box and getting in behind teams, and we weren't moving the ball quick enough to create space in midfield and allow through-balls or link-up play via Baxter.

Some abuse of Forest fans? He's thicker-skinned than that surely?!!! But if I've missed the issue you're on about, apologies.

Purely on the pitch, the issue of course was service. We weren't getting crosses into the box and getting in behind teams, and we weren't moving the ball quick enough to create space in midfield and allow through-balls or link-up play via Baxter.

Yeah it's not that it's a few weeks old now.

Wabarra's wages are massive, though I think you prob mean we aren't paying them.