Everybody except Dickov out

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard butler had no respect from the players not surprised he's gone

I didn't go to university.

I've worked for the same firm for 26 years since leaving school.

There is nothing worse than a jumped up graduate being brought in to manage you, full of theory, pie charts and confidence, all masking a complete lack of knowledge about the job they're actually doing.

Most on here can talk a good talk about football. We'd like to think we could manage and motivate our players. But a dressing room would turn against you pretty rapidly once they realised the last time you played the game was on a park on a Sunday morning.

I think it's very likely that what you've heard is true.

Edited by opinions4u

Fitness coach my arse ,never in 45 years have i seen us as a collective unit so unfit.

Maybe the penny dropped with Dickov that he wasnt getting the support any manager needs from his staff and maybe he intimated this at his talks with Corney.

Personaly i like Dickov and hope he can get it right .

Dickov will be gone by saturday night after we lose tomorrow and to Forest. To me, his position as manager has been completely undermined in an effort to get him to resign.

This should have been announced Saturday night however. If we can, we need to contact SOD today to sound him out about taking over for the weekend, as a loss to bloody Scunny will be the last straw.

He was also Brill's coach!

From a purely cost point of view, should we have a full time gk coach?

For a period he was but Brill had already been here for a bit before Gerrard came into the fold.

Gerrard was also Gary Ablett's assisstant at Stockport- he has some experience in the role.

There is nothing worse than a jumped up graduate being brought in to manage you, full of theory, pie charts and confidence, all masking a complete lack of knowledge about the job they're actually doing.

Most on here can talk a good talk about football. We'd like to think we could manage and motivate our players. But a dressing room would turn against you pretty rapidly once they realised the last time you played the game was on a park on a Sunday morning.

your first point, it depends what Industry you're working in for example I'm doing an Engineering Degree and worked for a firm in the summer and no-one there had a clue how to model a CAD drawing, when you're designing something a CAD Drawing saves a shed load of time and money compared to drawing it out by hand which also improved productivity. But on the other hand I spent 4 years prior to that working as a milkman and I constantly got customers etc constantly undermining me suggesting that it was a simple job, it wasn't, I was effectively running a franchise. Football certainly applies to the latter though you're bang on with your second point the best qualified people in Football are people who have played the game

Edited by Tommy_Fent

your first point, it depends what Industry you're working

I'm one of the nations esteemed bankers.

in for example I'm doing an Engineering Degree and worked for a firm in the summer and no-one there had a clue how to model a CAD drawing, when you're designing something a CAD Drawing saves a shed load of time and money compared to drawing it out by hand which also improved productivity.

I'm not sure the "new ideas" in banking were such a good idea!

Indeed- there was an interview with Simmo and Phil last year where they spent 50% of the interview just taking the mick out of Butler and his sycophantic ways.

Don't forget Butler was the fitness coach whilst one of our highest paid players came back to preseason training a few stone lighter than when he left.

There are probably quite a few posters on this board who have a similar level of qualifications as Butler did.

I'm one of the nations esteemed bankers.

I'm not sure the "new ideas" in banking were such a good idea!

Like I said it depends on the Industry, from my experience as a student I'd say that the best teachers have been those who have worked previously in Industry. But some degree's are more relevant than others, you certainly don't need one to coach Footballers

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Like I said it depends on the Industry, from my experience as a student I'd say that the best teachers have been those who have worked previously in Industry. But some degree's are more relevant than others, you certainly don't need one to coach Footballers

Point accepted. Even to the excitement of an upboat!

From what I've heard from somebody who attends training quite a lot, quite a few of the players will be happy with Taggart going.

Very much the bad cop (with dickov playing good cop). I've heard he was like a bully to the players.

One of his training exercises was practicing corners where the attacker's were told to ignore the ball and go in elbow first at the defenders and keepers. Left one of the players with a trip to A+E.

I just wonder how many people who have posted here took the trouble to read the statement first. The three on gardening leave have been treated fairly by SC because they have the opportunity to look for another job, to discuss severance terms or if they do nothing will eventually have their contracts terminated. I'm sure I saw somewhere that Paul Gerrard does not work here full time so I suspect he has other commitments but is now being asked to step up to assist Dickov. He may be given the choice to go full time or leave. Corney and his board have not lost faith in Dickov they obviously think the team assembled did not work but as I see it Paul has another chance to get it right - I suspect he will have more help in deciding who to appoint and I doubt if we will see a team of five again.

Indeed- there was an interview with Simmo and Phil last year where they spent 50% of the interview just taking the mick out of Butler and his sycophantic ways.

Don't forget Butler was the fitness coach whilst one of our highest paid players came back to preseason training a few stone lighter than when he left.

There are probably quite a few posters on this board who have a similar level of qualifications as Butler did.

One of those here.

I've never agreed with Butlers methods, ever since I got to the ground way earlier than I normally do, and saw the shambles he was making of the pre-match warm up. The fact we ship so many late goals cannot be overlooked either; that for me is directly linked to fitness levels. The amount of players who are shattered after 65-70mins into the game is shocking for a professional football club - no 18 year old players should have to be taking liquid energy shots every game to get through it.

His CV never stacked up either - for him to have done all he listed, and been at the all the clubs he listed, meant he was at each one for no longer than 4/5 months each max.

In this day & age, I would never take glee in anyone losing their job. But, that said; I'm happy Butler in particular is out of our club.

BUT - to me; this smacks of Corney wanting Dickov to resign. Like others have said, I can see whoever is now brought in; to be a however you phrase it - director of footballl or 1st team coach or assistant manager; being our new manager in the not to distant future once Dickov resigns or is sacked also.

Something needed doing however. A full clean out would have been my ideal; but this is a start.

I just wonder how many people who have posted here took the trouble to read the statement first. The three on gardening leave have been treated fairly by SC because they have the opportunity to look for another job, to discuss severance terms or if they do nothing will eventually have their contracts terminated. I'm sure I saw somewhere that Paul Gerrard does not work here full time so I suspect he has other commitments but is now being asked to step up to assist Dickov. He may be given the choice to go full time or leave. Corney and his board have not lost faith in Dickov they obviously think the team assembled did not work but as I see it Paul has another chance to get it right - I suspect he will have more help in deciding who to appoint and I doubt if we will see a team of five again.

If you don't consider sacking his backroom team as a lack of faith in him you've interpreted different to me, I'd have though Dickov himself.. Not sure how it will happen but I reckon the writing's on the wall now.

Yeah this is pretty unheard of, like someone else suggested, maybe it has something to do with Baxter why Dickov hasn't got the bullet himself. I don't agree with that policy if its true, but if Baxter signs then we've got a huge asset on our hands.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Reckon Dickovs gone after tomorrows game, If he'd gone today that would have left virtually no-one at the club for the Scunny game.

Depends on the result Senor, a win or draw would give Dickov a bit more breathing space, but a loss could see Paul Gerrard and Tony Philiskirk in charge at Forest.

Edited by BP1960

Could be wrong but i'm sure being on gardening leave also means you are not supposed to talk about the situation,i.e. to the press, you would lose any severance pay if found in breach of this.