Home FA cup tickets

Under FA rules, away team can request up to 15% of capacity. Since ours is around 10,600, they can only get 1,600, so small section of RRE. I don't know if we are allowed to give them more, as the demand from home fans will be immense and many will be disappointed.

Edited by Fyldelatic

How do you measure disappointment, those without a season ticket who dont bother going will be "disappointed" at not getting a ticket for Liverpool. Or those of us who are disappointed week in week out at what we see at BP.

If those are your prime measures of disappointment you must be very young!

If those are your prime measures of disappointment you must be very young!

If Liverpool get the whole of the RRE the club will have sold it's own fans down the river and this will do them no favours when pleading for take up of the new season tickets initiative.

134228328018.jpg

Do you want to know how to get at least one ticket? Buy a season ticket, then it doesn't matter how many Liverpool get, where they sit or anything. If you want to be guaranteed to be at the big days of the club then you have to stump up for the season ticket, that is how it worked in the old days, the now days and the days to come. You eat the :censored: sandwiches of 0-2 to Swindons 1-1s with Walsalls and the cold and the rain and the kids and the stinking toilets and the lack of £300+ in your account but you keep the club going throughout the summer and get first dibs on any of the possibilities.

If Liverpool get the whole of the RRE the club will have sold it's own fans down the river and this will do them no favours when pleading for take up of the new season tickets initiative.

Club isn't interested in looking after it's own fans and hasnt been for years.

Can't agree with that at all.

If I was SC I would definately consider the whole of the RRE for them as most weeks a large percentage of the town can't be arsed turning up and there is no guarantee they will for this especially if it's on TV

Due to us having crap home support we need to sell as many seats as possible, so I dont see how that is selling it's own fans down the river.

134228328018.jpg

Do you want to know how to get at least one ticket? Buy a season ticket, then it doesn't matter how many Liverpool get, where they sit or anything. If you want to be guaranteed to be at the big days of the club then you have to stump up for the season ticket, that is how it worked in the old days, the now days and the days to come. You eat the :censored: sandwiches of 0-2 to Swindons 1-1s with Walsalls and the cold and the rain and the kids and the stinking toilets and the lack of £300+ in your account but you keep the club going throughout the summer and get first dibs on any of the possibilities.

This, this and more of this.

I feel sorry for those who can't afford the outlay, but those who can and didn't shouldn't be moaning.

Can't agree with that at all.

If I was SC I would definately consider the whole of the RRE for them as most weeks a large percentage of the town can't be arsed turning up and there is no guarantee they will for this especially if it's on TV

Due to us having crap home support we need to sell as many seats as possible, so I dont see how that is selling it's own fans down the river.

My approach - home capacity is 10,600 - if we give Liverpool the large section of 3,000 to start with then we still have 7,600 for the home fans - which is more than double what we are getting at home at the moment. I would start by selling Main Stand and Chaddy End and only if we sell them out move on to the Rochdale Road smaller section. That way if the home take up peaks at 6,000 or so then we should offer the remaining to Liverpool.If not then we have over two thirds of the capacity.

Either way - we should be looking to fill the ground.

I've properly snapped now, I've bitten my tongue fingers till now but it has been my first day back at work and I've not enjoyed one minute of it, no sir.

Call a season ticket £350 divide that by 12 and you get £29.17 a month. Don't have a few pints, go without a kebab, don't buy the kids some new shoes, gran doesn't really need that new hip but if you are able to splurge £30 a month on nowt then you can afford a season ticket if Latics mean that much to you.

Miss an away, why give your good money to our opposition when you could be giving it to TTA's evil mastermind scheme to defraud the peoples of this miserable provincial town, at least you'd get to see the delights of Grounds play at left mid, Matty Smith warming up, the stark barren remnants of the lookers and many more wondrous scenes to numerous to mention.

Every so often the three lemons drop and that little bit of plastic, cardboard and paper comes up trumps and it all seems so much more worthwhile! I can get into see the Scousers do us up the arse 0-4 without having to queue up in the cold and the rain. At least you lot got a brew out of Dickov for your trouble last time, I just rang up the ticket office after it had been open an hour, got a great seat at Anfield.

£30 a month saved up, then the next year you don't have to fork out for home games and you can put that money aside for next season's ticket. The downside is that you do then feel compelled to go to the sodding games and watch 3rd tier football every other week.

It is the way it has always been, most of you don't even go to the trouble of turning up on a Saturday, good luck to you, you've got lives and do better things on a Saturday than get pneumonia at BP and your car covered in crap from the moon crateresque pot holes in the car park. These games don't happen often enough to warrant the club having a membership scheme or a count your stub scheme or a change a standard template at the programme printers to put a voucher scheme in place. There's a tried and tested method, stump up your £300 and you're on the list. No more, no less.

Whatever happens, I'll be kicked out of my seat in the RRE as I can't see the police letting us do anything else apart from give them the big bit so whatever happens I'm not watching the match from my preferred vantage point but do you hear me complaining? I couldn't give a monkeys, I'm going to watch us get shafted by Liverpool probably from the Main Stand Paddock in the rain and I am looking forward to it.

134228328018.jpg

But we at least had a membership scheme then, something i would still gladly pay a fair fee for (£20/£25 per season??) - still rightfully puts us behind the STH's but one step ahead of "fans" that aint set foot inside BP since 1994.

Liverpool will have to be given the large section of the RRE, Corney said that in an interview. Think he also mentioned that the police will not allow us to share the stand so Liverpool will have to have the whole stand.

I'd be interested to know why the stand cant be shared, theres a 10 foot void between the sections and its been done many times before.

Remember it was split against Chelsea in 1999, as Paul Durkin got struck by the infamous hot dog launched from the small section of the RRE after nearly allowing a cheat goal for Chelsea. :laught30:

I'd be interested to know why the stand cant be shared, theres a 10 foot void between the sections and its been done many times before.

Agreed, I was right at the end of the Latics fans on Saturday (in line with the corner flag on the Brian Clough stand side), the gap between us and the Forest fans was probably the same as the gap between the large and small RRE sections and without the staircase drop.

I've properly snapped now, I've bitten my tongue fingers till now but it has been my first day back at work and I've not enjoyed one minute of it, no sir.

Call a season ticket £350 divide that by 12 and you get £29.17 a month. Don't have a few pints, go without a kebab, don't buy the kids some new shoes, gran doesn't really need that new hip but if you are able to splurge £30 a month on nowt then you can afford a season ticket if Latics mean that much to you.

Miss an away, why give your good money to our opposition when you could be giving it to TTA's evil mastermind scheme to defraud the peoples of this miserable provincial town, at least you'd get to see the delights of Grounds play at left mid, Matty Smith warming up, the stark barren remnants of the lookers and many more wondrous scenes to numerous to mention.

Every so often the three lemons drop and that little bit of plastic, cardboard and paper comes up trumps and it all seems so much more worthwhile! I can get into see the Scousers do us up the arse 0-4 without having to queue up in the cold and the rain. At least you lot got a brew out of Dickov for your trouble last time, I just rang up the ticket office after it had been open an hour, got a great seat at Anfield.

£30 a month saved up, then the next year you don't have to fork out for home games and you can put that money aside for next season's ticket. The downside is that you do then feel compelled to go to the sodding games and watch 3rd tier football every other week.

It is the way it has always been, most of you don't even go to the trouble of turning up on a Saturday, good luck to you, you've got lives and do better things on a Saturday than get pneumonia at BP and your car covered in crap from the moon crateresque pot holes in the car park. These games don't happen often enough to warrant the club having a membership scheme or a count your stub scheme or a change a standard template at the programme printers to put a voucher scheme in place. There's a tried and tested method, stump up your £300 and you're on the list. No more, no less.

Whatever happens, I'll be kicked out of my seat in the RRE as I can't see the police letting us do anything else apart from give them the big bit so whatever happens I'm not watching the match from my preferred vantage point but do you hear me complaining? I couldn't give a monkeys, I'm going to watch us get shafted by Liverpool probably from the Main Stand Paddock in the rain and I am looking forward to it.

Couldn't agree more....I don't bother with the fishul site as I get my news on this board but I'm seriously thinking of not bothering till the ticket business is over. Gets right on my nerves and I, like you, bite my tongue as much as possible.

It's not personal against anyone but why do we need so many posts to wade through which all equate to the same thing

Agreed, I was right at the end of the Latics fans on Saturday (in line with the corner flag on the Brian Clough stand side), the gap between us and the Forest fans was probably the same as the gap between the large and small RRE sections and without the staircase drop.

My mistake, i read it here and thought it meant we wouldnt be able to use the small section but on reading it again maybe it means that we can but there would be a few rows off seats closed in between.

Not sure If this has been mentioned but the chron anticipates Liverpool to get the whole end. Why are we not looking after our own fans as we can easily sell the tickets to just give them the small section. Thoroughly gutted to read that, they will turn it into a home game.

Not sure If this has been mentioned but the chron anticipates Liverpool to get the whole end. Why are we not looking after our own fans as we can easily sell the tickets to just give them the small section. Thoroughly gutted to read that, they will turn it into a home game.

My guess is that for such a high profile game the police won't want the potential for trouble. They may have offered an alternative involving cordoning off a section of seats but this makes no financial sense for the club.

A cheap way to give us the 12th man on the night is to install loudspeakers on the Lookers paddock and microphones in the Chaddy End. I typed that with a straight face.

My guess is that for such a high profile game the police won't want the potential for trouble. They may have offered an alternative involving cordoning off a section of seats but this makes no financial sense for the club.

A cheap way to give us the 12th man on the night is to install loudspeakers on the Lookers paddock and microphones in the Chaddy End. I typed that with a straight face.

I hear you. Starting to believe what fans have often said If true. The powers that be simply do not look after the fans. This has to be a prime example.