Where will we be come Saturday night?

While we have the eyes of the nation on us, we could already have dropped another place in the League. If Bury should manage to beat Sheffield United at Gigg Lane on Tuesday night, they go above us on goal difference with the same games played. Then on Saturday, by the time we kick off, they will have played Coventry, also at home.

On Tuesday, Scunthorpe are at home to Carlisle, but will have played a game more whilst Preston are at Yeovil and will have played the same games as us.

Never have I wanted Sheffield United, Coventry, Carlisle and Yeovil to win more than now. We know we're in a scrap, but we sure as hell don't want to be chasing the likes of Bury and Scunny.

Beating Everton would be incredible, but it shows how much more important the League is.

Edited by Bristolatic

While we have the eyes of the nation on us, we could already have dropped another place in the League. If Bury should manage to beat Sheffield United at Gigg Lane on Tuesday night, they go above us on goal difference with the same games played. Then on Saturday, by the time we kick off, they will have played Coventry, also at home.

On Tuesday, Scunthorpe are at home to Carlisle, but will have played a game more whilst Preston are at Yeovil and will have played the same games as us.

Never have I wanted Sheffield United, Coventry, Carlisle and Yeovil to win more than now. We know we're in a scrap, but we sure as hell don't want to be chasing the likes of Bury and Scunny.

Beating Everton would be incredible, but it shows how much more important the League is.

We will be reet if we turn up like we did on Saturday.

I am not bothered about anyone else, we need to concentrate on getting another 7 wins IMO.

If we beat Everton and drew Arsenal away (which is going to happen) the losses from potentially going down (which wont happen anyway) will have been more than offset in comparison to if we would ahve lost vs Doncaster.

Edited by pukka

Its still in our hands all we do is keep winning games and we will be out of it. I have every confidence in us. I won't be surprised of by the time we play Preston they will be in it

Oh, please, footie Gods, make it happen. The thought of Westley having that on his CV is priceless.

While its good to be optimistic, I dont like it when people say we wont go down or we are too good to be relegated. After 30 games this season we have shown we are bad enough to go down. We need to really dig in and show we are good enough to stay up now. Another 7 wins is a tall order even if we do have an upturn in results,

While its good to be optimistic, I dont like it when people say we wont go down or we are too good to be relegated. After 30 games this season we have shown we are bad enough to go down. We need to really dig in and show we are good enough to stay up now. Another 7 wins is a tall order even if we do have an upturn in results,

Weve also shown in induvidual games that we have the ability in the squad to stay up if we play like we did on saturday consistantly between now and the end of the season we are going to stay up . That big word consistancy again its basically the difference between top and bottom in this division. We've only got ourselves to blame their really is no excuse for going down they have the ability we all know that they just have to show it.

do we play any of the teams around us ?

We have still to play virtually the whole bottom half of the league.

Don't know why people are worried, Said before and will say again,

Who ever manages us , by the time the end of the season comes we will be saying -

"if only we had him from the start"

This group of players is good enough to get into the play offs.

All we need is a good enough manager to take over.

We need to enjoy Saturday for what it is - a no lose situation. We've fully expected to get knocked out and if we don't it'll be marvellous. We can go back to worrying about the league once it's out of the way.

We have 15 games left. If the players put in a shift in every one of them, we should be fine. They've got enough quality to pick up the required number of points if the do. After Liverpool and MKD there must be confidence in the dressing room that they can do better than they have so far this season.