Di Canio gone from Swindon

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there really that much difference ?

There is virtually no difference.

Fascism is just the racist view attached to politics rather than Di Canio who seeks no participation in politics so is just a racist.

He supports fascism, anyway. He's got a tattoo on his arm in tribute to Mussolini that says "Dux" which was his pseudonym when in power.

No discrepancy in the fact that Di Canio's a complete :censored:.

• 1 month later...

...and MIlliband resigns as a Director of Sunderland due to Di Canios "past political statements" ...whatever can he mean :)

Nothing to do with his new job that means he no longer has to keep a house in the area then...

Edited by rudemedic

Di Canio is a controversial figure who has previously admitted to being a fascist and has been photographed several time making a so-called Roman salute while playing for Italian club Lazio.

After making the salute against Livorno he received a one match ban and a several thousand euro fine.

In 2005, he told the Italian news agency ANSA: "I am a fascist, not a racist."

When asked whether he was aware his Nazi salute would offend Jewish people, he said something vile along the lines of, "Since when were the Jews in charge."

Case closed. Racist and fascist.

I don't see how you can be a fascist without being a racist. It's like a vegan saying they're not a vegetarian. He had the opportunity at yesterday's press conference to disassociate himself from his past comments and say he no longer held those beliefs. He chose not to. In my book still a facist, still a racist. I hope the good people of Sunland give him the level of respect he deserves.